Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maybe a wild blue post will appear soon? *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by sllin View Post
    Maybe a wild blue post will appear soon? *crosses fingers*
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Fixed issue where Holy Priests could heal.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I cry everytime.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Perpetual complaining is so annoying. Holy Priests have a lot to bring to the table, and paired with a disc priest, you have a pretty awesome healing comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectralmend View Post
    Perpetual complaining is so annoying. Holy Priests have a lot to bring to the table, and paired with a disc priest, you have a pretty awesome healing comp.
    Yes, but why bring a holy priest when literally every other healer is better suited for it? Spell for Spell a resto druid out heals us. Shamans have more versatile CD's, monks are better especially with T18 4pc and Holy Paladins can just lol turret heal.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I fully expect some ridiculous buff, like "Holy Word: Sanctuary now heals 5% more" and devs deciding that anything else can wait for 7.0. After which they'll break Disc instead, rebuff it a week later and we'll be back to where we started.

Granted, if there were two zeroes after that 5, such buff wouldn't be completely pointless.
    Time is a flat circle

So i recently leveled my priest and for the first time played Holy. It is by far the most fun healing spec in the game ive ever played. Overpassing Hpals back in cata.

What I came to understand is that holy priests will become useless after progression. I guess itll be fun to play when you want to 2 or 3 heal fights later on during farm

Sounds like a dev who's never played holy outside of lfr talking. Pairing of healers isn't a concept, see 'mythic' raiding. If you don't like opinions, there's sufficient data available. I think the concept of 2pt17 being BiS is in direct contrast to every other class design they've set forth and model they've articulated.

One thing I'd be curious about is how badly holy drops off as you compare mythic to heroic to normal - not mythic raiders doing lower difficulty but actual 'progression' in heroic and normal. I think Malivis hits the points perfectly for mythic caliber holy priests and the concerns, are holy priests in guilds that are working on normal/early heroics in an even worse position?

Made me laugh a little though all my crying.....

Nice to see that there are still like 4 or 5 holy priests around. Makes me feel good.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? No you dont!. You get a good healing comb if you pair a disc with 2 paladins and a resto shaman! Holy priests just have no other position then on the bottom of every list.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but why bring a holy priest when literally every other healer is better suited for it? Spell for Spell a resto druid out heals us. Shamans have more versatile CD's, monks are better especially with T18 4pc and Holy Paladins can just lol turret heal.
    Holy Priest is brought so he/she can sit outside the instance and be ready to enter if your Disc disconnects. After respecing, naturally.

It gets worse and worse with every tier piece for other healers. Their bonuses range from decent to amazing, while ours just make us juggle tier pieces to keep up T17 bonus with minimal stat loss. Oh, and then you get lucky like me and coin the trinket during first Archimonde kill. I could almost hear a developer laughing at me.

The guy who designed that junk must be the same genius who kept Lightwell unchanged for multiple expansions, but gave superior version to mobs in five man dungeon. And he's probably thinking the same thing as the guy you're quoting. "What are you complaining about, you bring SO MUCH to the table".
    Last edited by KaPe; 2015-07-25 at 09:57 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklabel View Post
    Holy Priest..... and Proud of it!
    This confuses me.

I'm unhappy with a lot as a Hpriest, you'd have to be an idiot not to be pissed about the 4pc and class trinket. All I said was that perpetual complaining is annoying. We aren't that far behind other classes, and if you enjoy the spec and play it well you can do very well.

This confuses me.

I'm unhappy with a lot as a Hpriest, you'd have to be an idiot not to be pissed about the 4pc and class trinket. All I said was that perpetual complaining is annoying. We aren't that far behind other classes, and if you enjoy the spec and play it well you can do very well.
    We are faaaarr behind the other classes. Just look at feast during gorefiend mythic and how we fall way, way behind on an AOE phase because renew spam + CoH is not really doing anything and the only way to bump big numbers is via binding heal/PoH which is simply not viable mana wise. So yeah we are sub par and we should complain. Maybe one day the people who develop this game will listen.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    So yeah we are sub par and we should complain. Maybe one day the people who develop this game will listen.
    They won't listen as long as there are those who keep saying that "Holy bring a lot to the table" (mainly the ability to respec Discipline) and thus "HPS don't matter because you can do X!". While the latter is true to an extent, the excuse doesn't really work when said utility isn't anything special. (like absorbs... I wonder what spec would that be...)

Used to be that Holy was best at burst healing, with potential to burn through all their mana with Binding Heal and PoH, but I'm not really feeling it nowadays. Sure, it will destroy my mana pool, but BH doesn't heal for much and PoH group limitation is problematic. Once in a while there's that lucky multistrike chain that looks impressive... and still barely matches other healers.

Oh well, nothing new there.

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    the real tragedy is losing permanent chakra animations.
    Exactly. The pretty sparkles were pretty much the only good thing about chakras.

Holy Priest is NOT that far behind. I'm not saying they aren't behind because that wouldn't be true. They're just not awful. I think it's important to note that Holy brings consistent strong HPS with no periods of weakness.

We aren't reliant on our raid cooldowns, we aren't constrained as to who we can heal. Our HPS is constantly high and at any point we can focus that healing on a smaller subsection of the raid.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...15&end=2144369

That doesn't seem like poor feast healing to me (prog kill).

We DO have problems.

1) 4 Set so bad that it's optimal to keep 2PC T17
    2) The worst single target healing in the game
    3) Too much power in CoH, and not enough in things like HW:S

Does the ideal raid comp take a Holy Priest? In the majority of cases no. Does player skill matter enough for Holy to be brought? 100%. I'm not at the very top end of raiding, but world 40-50. I've been in for every boss this expansion, and healing as never been the issue.

As an aside I feel that Holy is the BEST user for the Leech trinket. Our healing is spread out enough and not reliant on cooldowns that we get the least overhealing from it. I have never taken it off in Mythic, except when I DPS. I don't forsee any situation where I would.

Of course healers using the Leech Trinket will parse lower. That's always going to be the case. I think you definitely need to consider that Holy Paladins and Disc Priests don't run it. To say that it is a huge HPS increase is an understatement.
    Last edited by Malivis; 2015-07-25 at 05:38 PM.

you know Holy is in a bad spot when Jhazrun is Disc wtf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malivis View Post
    I was initially very skeptical of how Holy would be this patch (as witnessed by my 100 upvote 7 post thread on the wow forums).

I feel both vindicated, but also mindful of the fact that I was not entirely correct.

Holy is DEFINITELY behind. There is absolutely no doubting that. Holy Paladins and Disc Priests are radically overpowered, and the MW 4 Piece is probably a touch strong as well.

However, our ceiling isn't as low as I thought it was. My prog parse of Fel Lord was 102k HPS, and I played poorly. I didn't get an int pot, and I'm fairly certain every healer above me wasn't running the leech trinket. With leech factored in, ~120k is a fairly solid parse.

Once you get some mythic gear, you will be casting many less renews, particularly during periods of heavy damage. This video, at this timestamp, is a very good example of the heavy mana playstyle https://youtu.be/WvDw1TWU0gw?t=1m23s

If Holy has any problems right now, it's that our 2pc from T17 is still BIS. It puts us behind on Stamina, and it puts us behind on stats. If they buffed the T18 4pc somewhere in the region of 300%, we would gain greatly. We would end up with a set bonus that is comparable, as well as being able to take the extra Ilvls.
    Why is it you play blue chakra when casting this much binding heal? Is the additional CoH outweighting some more rolling renews? Srsly curious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Why is it you play blue chakra when casting this much binding heal? Is the additional CoH outweighting some more rolling renews? Srsly curious.
    If you look at what he's casting it's basically BH-BH-PoH, which would seem to suggest that he's doing it to compensate for not having T17 4pc generating tons of Serendipity stacks but still wanting to cast PoH.

I've always liked the idea of Holy; just a pity the spec is nothing more than a nice idea, at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, since they've avoided dealing with Holy for..what..three expansions now? Since they decided that Holy Priests weren't needed in Firelands.

If you want to keep the feel of Holy and actually feel like you're doing something other than picking your nose 90% of the time, I recommend buying FFXIV and rolling Conjurer/White Mage. All the feel and fun of Holy, with none of the Disc Overlords. ^_^
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama