Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    One thing that really bothers me right now about Holy is, that I have no clue what gear to wear. 4p t18? 2p t18+ max multistrike/int? Where's the breakpoint to that? 2p t18 + cripple-down 2p t17? Confuses the hell out of me since those setboni are just hilarious and I can't really put them to numbers, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Holy is going to eat a big fat you know what as usual, disc is going to get even more OP. Staying hopeful for positive changes to shadow, to be honest. I'm not a huge fan of the current playstyle, where you mash Mind Blast the same nanosecond it goes off cooldown.
    When has shadow ever not wanted to mash MB ever since orbs were introduced?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    One thing that really bothers me right now about Holy is, that I have no clue what gear to wear. 4p t18? 2p t18+ max multistrike/int? Where's the breakpoint to that? 2p t18 + cripple-down 2p t17? Confuses the hell out of me since those setboni are just hilarious and I can't really put them to numbers, not even close.
    I personally rock 2p T17 + 2p T18. T17 is mythic, so it's holding up for now. The extra 4 stacks of PoM is just too good to pass up. Maybe if I get full mythic T18 I might swap it out, but honestly I doubt it.

In regards to your question at hand, Go 2pc T17 (mythic would be best) and 2pc T18 and Multistrike/Int everywhere else. I'm at work so I don't have my BiS list right in front of me, but that's your best bet.

Deleted
    yes, but dropping 20 itemlevel and taking shitty mastery instead feels so bad :/

I've loved the holy playstyle in WoD(guess I'm pretty lonely in thinking this). The problem has been mainly disc priests taking all our potational spots.

So take T17 Shoulders + Gloves and T18 Helm + Legs, more multistrike and woo!. This isn't comparing it versus other HFC gear, but just comparing T17 to T18 in terms of just multistrike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    So take T17 Shoulders + Gloves and T18 Helm + Legs, more multistrike and woo!. This isn't comparing it versus other HFC gear, but just comparing T17 to T18 in terms of just multistrike.
    sure, that's what I do. Saying nothing more than that this is awful anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Im in a similar boat, i only got thogar down in brf and killed him twice with no luck for tier, so i do not have either shoulder or gloves mythic from brf. Luckily i do have helm and chest mythic (although meh stats it still works) so im running sub optimal. This though is the major problem is no one wants to go back and do old mythic brf especially hard bosses like thogar maidens or even blast furnace so im just gonna have to sit around and figure it out as i go :/

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    I've loved the holy playstyle in WoD(guess I'm pretty lonely in thinking this). The problem has been mainly disc priests taking all our potational spots.

There's more than one or even two holy play styles and that is a good thing so I agree with you from a gameplay POV holy is at a good place right now.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercowmaster View Post
    Im in a similar boat, i only got thogar down in brf and killed him twice with no luck for tier, so i do not have either shoulder or gloves mythic from brf. Luckily i do have helm and chest mythic (although meh stats it still works) so im running sub optimal. This though is the major problem is no one wants to go back and do old mythic brf especially hard bosses like thogar maidens or even blast furnace so im just gonna have to sit around and figure it out as i go :/
    Yeah, same here and it sucks. (well, I did kill maidens few times, but passed tokens to dps classes... silly me believing T18 bonuses will be buffed). While mythic pieces "only" lose like 15-25 ilvls, depending on slot, being stuck with heroic makes that 30+, which is *a lot*, especially with suboptimal secondaries. Sure, it might make it "easier" to "upgrade" to T18, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    There's more than one or even two holy play styles and that is a good thing so I agree with you from a gameplay POV holy is at a good place right now.
    Mechanics of gameplay, yes. Effectiveness of gameplay? No.

Agreed, shadow is in the same boat. I'm not the biggest fan of dotweaving, but its unique in its own right.

It would be great for a blue to at the least acknowledge these complaints. If I didn't raid with the same guild since Highmaul I wouldn't be raiding Mythic HFC at all. The fact that Holy Word: Sanctuary still only heals for 500-700 at tic is a kick in the face. FeelsBadMan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Which would put a target on Holy's back, since.u know, everything must be simplified/standardized

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Which would put a target on Holy's back, since.u know, everything must be simplified/standardized
    Yepp, hush! Very afraid they'll find out and dumb down the spec.

I think its intentional that holy has difference play styles. Back in MoP you had a choice, raid healing with Sanctuary, ideal for 25m's. In 10 mans you general went serenity and just kept renews rolling. Its been that way ever since chakra's were introduced in cata.

Maybe they want another dps spec in stead of a 2nd healing spec.
    So be sure no one plays holy, let it bleed out, and then make it a dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklabel View Post
    Maybe they want another dps spec in stead of a 2nd healing spec.
    So be sure no one plays holy, let it bleed out, and then make it a dps spec.
    Or make disc the DPS spec since clearly it was never intended to be a proper healer, plus Atonement is a thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Or make disc the DPS spec since clearly it was never intended to be a proper healer, plus Atonement is a thing?
    This tbh. Gah, the beautiful days when disc was just a gimped spec nobody cared about. I could be holy without being asked BUT WAI NO SHILDS!?!?! right away.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The tears that would result from such change would mean immediate buff to PW:S, resulting in same old shield spam. Disc has become a crutch for both players and entire raids. Even making it "balanced" (as in not "needed" for every raid) would result in backlash, nevermind changing to dps spec. Unless it was "good" old SoO style Atonement, while pretending that weaving Holy Fire between Smite casts somehow made it involving and complicated.

Deleted
    Nothing pisses me off about holy, other than how Devs never care about us. I don't understand why they keep ignoring us when there is hundreds of messages about Holy Priests in forums as well as on twitter. Devs choose not to answer to any. Nobody has spoken about Holy in a while, they keep looking to "fixing" other 2/4 sets and trinkets, and we sit there not using our 4 set or trinket, having only 900 active Holy priests that ever went into HFC HC/Normal or Mythic in comparison to 6000 to 3500 average for any other healing class? Do they think this is only happening because people do not enjoy playing the spec, or are they not answering and not caring on purpose?
    Starting to get real annoying looking at stupid fixes and adjustments for any other class and spec, quest and item and what so not, and yet again nothing, not even a word or a fix/adjustment done for Holy in any way ever since WOD has came..or even before that..

Coincidence? I dont think so...

Additionally I often see people saying how people don't play Holy because of the style of the spec, that is not true at all. I have been maining Holy for around 10 years now and throughout that time I have been checking how many other people play that spec via logs/statistics and so on, we have never been at that low number. And the type of skills required of the style of the spec has not changed that much to end up with nearly 10 times less Holy Priest players than only about a year ago. And no, this is not because of WoW overall losing players, it is because the spec is not that great to have in your raid anymore, and nobody likes the bench, so as the smart little fellow most of these people are, they did what a smart one will do - reroll. The rest of us can go around saying that we stick to what we like, while the devs are sticking things into us !
    To defend my point, tell me what did the priests (that used to play holy) play currently in top 5 in the world? Even those (no name calling) that we know love holy, that we know are amazing at holy, even they went disc for nearly 80% of the progress. But you can defend how Holy is viable and amazing. Sure if you play with the low level bracket healers, it can be very much amazing indeed.
    But you can play Holy, ofcourse, I am not saying you can't or it isn't your choice. But if you could play another class that could be more useful to you guild, then you would be stupid not to. I could not do that, having disc as healing officer and already a very good paladin as well as Monk/Druid/Shaman. I could not reroll, because nothing was needed. But if you could as many others - you should of rerolled.
    *having in mind you can actually perform as well playing other classes and you had them geared.

It is very simple answer to the reason why there is 7 times more people playing a disc priest, or why 9 times more people are playing Holy Paladins, or even why 4 times more people are playing Shamans or Monk - People progressing in PVE or even those in PVP will never play a spec that is underperforming, when you have 5 other options being a lot better overall. So yes, back to the point - holy is not at good state currently, so people chose to play other specs/classes for the better of their guild progress.

I laugh every time when someone says - Holy priests are fine.. Click on their profile, they are maining Disc - Sure "mejt" - you Enjoy it so much, that you are not even playing it. I see...

Now imagine how bad Holy is on some fights, but mostly the majority considering their healing done of all logs in comparison to other healers is 10% behind the last one, and approx 20%+ behind the first... My recent let down with Holy was Xhul'horac Mythic, when all of us agreed it would be better if I go Disc and spam CoW on tanks, switching to PoH on 20% (having another Disc in my raid), because that simply performs already A LOT better than Holy through the whole fight. The idea of that was entirely mine, it is simply a better option. I don't want to be the burden that does nothing in probably the first challenging fight that does require us not only to execute well, but as well push numbers both as HPS and DPS. And with the limited 3 days of raiding my guild does, in which 1 we clear, 1 we progress and 1 we have for a kill, why slow us with an entire 1 more day due to tanks dying because Holy is no good to HELP keeping them alive. When I can see our Paladin is pushing beyond limits...

Currently I whine all the time about Holy everywhere, and believe me, I am not usually the type that whines about specs. But I am fully behind the idea switching entirely to playing some weird new disc style in a double disc combo, instead of holy. Feels so useless, I don't even try to push for more...

Its so disappointing when having to put my whole mind into performing well as Holy on Xhul, staying in Yellow chakra, perfectly executing Renew refreshes, and doing all I can with 100% concentration, is performing A LOT worse for the whole fight, than simply casting 1 spell CoW (not even power shielding the tank, as double disc - our main disc is taking all that). And I am pretty sure I could push more HPS spamming only CoW on random players on majority of the fights with another disc in the group, than what Holy is currently doing.

And yes, obviously if I am on that boss at that time (with only 3 days of raiding) I am not an idiot, I am not new to raiding, not new to progress and for sure not new to healing - I am aware that every spec is suitable for different fights, which is not really true if you look at Paladins/Disc/Monks currently, but lets agree that Holy has few fights where it shines a little bit, still if you have a disc/pala/monk in your group, you are just the fill in. You are not A MUST. You are not the one to keep the tanks up, nor the one to give a great CD, you are also in most cases not the one to top the raid quickly. You are just a fill in, sadly - because Holy Priests are good at nothing, and decent at everything, but not really useful for anything
    Last edited by mmocd20d58e44b; 2015-08-01 at 11:45 AM.