Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This is how power creep happens. First you fill the niches, then they realize the vanillas are useless, then they give you a new "stronger" vanilla to keep up.
    Eh, I doubt they'll ever be at a point where they print a 4 mana 4/6. What purpose does it serve? The vanillas still fill a role as good arena cards and learning tools for new players. Yeti still does its job in a pinch. I think there'll definitely be power creep (already is) but I think it will be more in terms of abilities whose costs are arguable. They'll just be a bit more generous with those abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Eh, I doubt they'll ever be at a point where they print a 4 mana 4/6. What purpose does it serve? The vanillas still fill a role as good arena cards and learning tools for new players. Yeti still does its job in a pinch. I think there'll definitely be power creep (already is) but I think it will be more in terms of abilities whose costs are arguable. They'll just be a bit more generous with those abilities.
    It would be 5+ years down the line at least, it's not like power creep happens over night and the adventure modes tend to be integrating well. We'll see if this set does what GvG does, but answer is most likely yes

Even in games where they intentionally creep really fast the vanilla boost usually doesn't happen for over 2 years, as an example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I'm a bit upset Wilfred Fizzlebang doesn't summon a Jaraxsus for the opponent.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is something I've realised recently. Power Creep isn't the issue in this game, the issue (and it's not necessarily bad) is specificity creep. Cards are being balanced by the same rules mostly but they're filling more and more specific niches, leaving the vanilla cards behind. It's not enough that a card have solid stats. Hell, cards don't even need good stats if they fulfil a purpose. Look at Wolf Rider. And the issue I'm seeing so far is that these new cards are primarily solid as solid can be, but do they push a new deck type? How are they going to get these Inspire combos to work. They all seem to require multiple turns of set up.
    I wouldn't call specifity creep an issue, it'd call it one of the strenghts of the game. With every new card they release, more decks become available. Is beast druid or hunter viable right now? No, but in a few months it might be. Pirate rogue? Could happen!

I wouldn't trash inspire just yet, who knows what cards are still in store. Ideally some more big commons like North Sea Kraken and a few defensive early drops become available which will allow new players to play control which right now relies on a lot of legendaries. That might slow down the meta a bit, because point for point aggro is the cheapest to play atm.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I’m thinking there’s a definite possibility of Shade of Naxxaramus 2.0. Neutral 3 mana 2/2 Stealth, Inspire: Give this minion +1/+1. Would be like a weaker shade, but with Garrison Commander, this could be a monster…
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

New confirmed card:

Coliseum Manager: Minion | 3 mana | 2 Attack 5 Health | Inspire: Return this minion to your hand.

I'm wondering what sort of deck or situations it'd be a gain to make use of that ability, and hardly any are coming to mind. Smack down a 3/2 then HP and replay it? But is that even worth it? Not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Knife Juggler and Questing Adventurer are all I can think of atm.

It's a 2/5 so you could attack a 3/2 then hero power and re-play it. Would be extremely powerful in the right circumstances, especially in Arena where board stickiness is a real thing.

Also, Warlocks could Power Overwhelming, hit something for 6 then tap to return it to their hand.

Patron Warriors could charge it with their Warsong as well. Could play it, attack, hero power, play it, attack again. Not the best play in the world but it's a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The current poll is between Fjola Lightbane and Eydis Darkbane. Notably, Lightbane was a fake spoiler with different art previously (the 6 mana 6/7 that gets divine shield at the beginning of your turn) so this certainly disproves that spoiler, which also included Aura Mastery and Fordragon Blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's a 2/5 so you could attack a 3/2 then hero power and re-play it. Would be extremely powerful in the right circumstances, especially in Arena where board stickiness is a real thing.
    Arena is mostly about tempo lately as more cards mean board wipes are rare. Hence this card is absolute garbage before the later stages of the game, and even then you got to hope your opponent doesn't play 5 attack minions against it. All in all unless Arena slows down, it's a pretty bad card for now as it limits your hero power rather than encouraging the use of it. 2-5 base stats is probably the only good thing about it, but even then.. you'd probably want a 3-4 for 3 if you plan to use it as just a body.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Its the worst card, ever.

Deleted
    It's not that bad. Potentially great against aggro. You play it on turn 3, on turn 4 kill something with it and play a 4 drop and then turn 5 attack again, hero power and replay. There's even some Handlock Synergy as you can play it, but then return it to your hand to enable giants. That would provide Handlock with a neat anti-aggro tool. The problem comes when there is a conflict of interests, when you want to hero power but don't want to return him. Or visa versa.

So basically this card ranges from "you have infinite 3 mana 2/5s" to "your hero power costs 5 mana."

Deleted
    It's not that bad. Potentially great against aggro. You play it on turn 3, on turn 4 kill something with it and play a 4 drop and then turn 5 attack again, hero power and replay. There's even some Handlock Synergy as you can play it, but then return it to your hand to enable giants. That would provide Handlock with a neat anti-aggro tool. The problem comes when there is a conflict of interests, when you want to hero power but don't want to return him. Or visa versa.

So basically this card ranges from "you have infinite 3 mana 2/5s" to "your hero power costs 5 mana."
    Stars align against aggro much?

The aggro deck will put out more pressure than this slow play will be able to cope with. And your scenario only works if all the aggro creatures only have 1-2 attack.

Its turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Stars align against aggro much?

The aggro deck will put out more pressure than this slow play will be able to cope with. And your scenario only works if all the aggro creatures only have 1-2 attack.

Its turd.
    It's stronger than most in terms of stopping tempo on turn 3. The effect is meant to mostly be a drawback (which is a value bonus if you are happy to survive till later game)

If you have the cards to stall a rush you often won't need your hero power immediately anyway. It's not exactly amazing but it's an ok card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Arena is mostly about tempo lately as more cards mean board wipes are rare. Hence this card is absolute garbage before the later stages of the game, and even then you got to hope your opponent doesn't play 5 attack minions against it. All in all unless Arena slows down, it's a pretty bad card for now as it limits your hero power rather than encouraging the use of it. 2-5 base stats is probably the only good thing about it, but even then.. you'd probably want a 3-4 for 3 if you plan to use it as just a body.
    better yet 3/5s that you can get with dragon dude but i see where you are going with the dc/spider tank

Flame Juggler was shown at http://www.twitch.tv/marduktv.

I can see it getting some use since it helps deal with early aggression, but it might be too random for most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

It deals with early aggression while being early aggression itself.

Deleted
    Kind of underwhelming. This could be a targeted battlecry and it wouldn't be insane. If this was an Inspire effect it would be much better.

Deleted
    New druid rare is sick. Love it.

3/1 hero power, goml.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Druid one is pretty good.
    Nice to see them getting a little love.