Socrethar - can't target boss

I have problem with Socreathar. When he leave construct I can't target him and use any melle ability to attack him but aoe attacks like Blood Boil do dmg to Boss. My guilds mates told me that I have targeted him. Don't know if some addon doing this or bug. Sorry for my english.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikrekot View Post
    I have problem with Socreathar. When he leave construct I can't target him and use any melle ability to attack him but aoe attacks like Blood Boil do dmg to Boss. My guilds mates told me that I have targeted him. Don't know if some addon doing this or bug. Sorry for my english.
    You really aren't giving anyone anything to work with. it may be an addon. Disable them one at a time till it works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikrekot View Post
    It did bug for me as well as a tank and for the other tank too. It bugs out sometimes, reseting the boss fixed it. Try reloading /reload if that didn't work out for you.

Yeah same happened to me, I went into the construct and could target everything except the boss. I could still autohit him though and cast the blows on him, Autohits on him were still working when I would target something different like the ghosts. Very strange bug i'm using SuF for Playerframes as an Addon if that helps.

We had this happen to a few people, it seems to get fixed if we reset him. We've got in the habit of just resetting him every time before pulling.

Deleted
    Hi, I had the same problem here as a tank, happened to me a bunch of time, and to my cotank once. It happened on both the construct and Socrethar, and also I couldn't target him from inside the construct. I only use Elvui for all unit frames. Never tried after resets though, only wipes cause of the bug in the middle of the fight

Happens all the time. It's anything in that room, sometimes I can't target one of the trash mobs, sometimes our other tank can't target one of the other trash mobs, sometimes neither can target the construct before the fight, and a LOT of the time I can't target the soul after we're already in P2. You can still autoattack, thankfully, so it's not like a wipe or anything, you just lose the reverb blow damage.

I'm not sure why this seems to only affect tanks, but literally every tank I know has had it happen at one point or another in there.

Edit: Also, never had it happen on mythic, only on heroic and only after the second week, when they kept hotfixing crap on that fight, so maybe related.
    Last edited by theyanger; 2015-07-27 at 06:47 PM.

whenever i have it in construct i can still autoattack and use blow/orb on the boss fine, so it's just like a UI thing. i THINK that my cotank could still use spells on the boss without the target frame too, so try it at least.

you can def. still use the blow since it doesn't require a target
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Late to the party but it happened to me while doing a mythic shadowmoon burial grounds last week. On the first mini spiders-big spider-bats pull after the 2nd boss I wasn't able to target the big spider. I was tanking as a brewmaster. I use the default UI mainly with DBM, AtlasLoot, Recount and WeakAuras.

There was another scenario in the same dungeon this time with a sub rogue but it was a little different. I was not able to "physically" target a mob and I would have no target yet I could actively single target attack the "no target" target (backstabs, ruptures, etc) by tab targeting. The "no target" target was the first big shadow elemental in the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by NakataVagrant View Post
    Late to the party but it happened to me while doing a mythic shadowmoon burial grounds last week. On the first mini spiders-big spider-bats pull after the 2nd boss I wasn't able to target the big spider. I was tanking as a brewmaster. I use the default UI mainly with DBM, AtlasLoot, Recount and WeakAuras.

There was another scenario in the same dungeon this time with a sub rogue but it was a little different. I was not able to "physically" target a mob and I would have no target yet I could actively single target attack the "no target" target (backstabs, ruptures, etc) by tab targeting. The "no target" target was the first big shadow elemental in the instance.
    Happened to us in the exact same spot doing challenge mode shadowmoon burial grounds. Happened to me and two others on two separate attempts, then it was fine.