Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I couldn't really care honestly, the ring is already insanely powerful the upgrade just makes it over the top so giving it to one spec is fine. Just upgrade it in it's dps form to help you level next expo and forget about it.

There are people who want to play 2 dps specs though, like feral and moonkin...so even your "take the dps one"-point is really just not good enough. hybrids are basically gimped on one spec and that sucks. And ppl saying bla it's so powerful that 1 is enough, it's not like we want to wear 2 at the same time oO

Quote Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
    And your problem is? Everyone gets one upgrade per week. If you play tank/dps or heal/dps to equal amounts, always go for dps upgrade first. The Heal- and Tank versions are the lowest factors for faster kills, except if you can bring one less heal/tank but then still, dps is the limiting factor almost every time.

Blizzard changing the "Ring" depending on your spec like Tier-sets would be the easiest solution if possible but would benefit hybrid specs in a somewhat unfair way.
    How is it unfair? The DPS ring is equally strong for all 3 warlock specs, why shouldn't it be equally strong for my WW, MW and BrM specs too? Or even a druid who plays both DPS specs, but can only upgrade 1 of their DPS rings?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    They already implemented tier sets and class trinkets changing to current specialization. Should have done the same with the ring, seeing how you cannot even activate it in "wrong" spec.
    Pretty much this. If they're going to limit our freedom in terms of who can even USE certain items(HFC trinkets, legendary ring on-uses), they might as well go all the way and allow stuff like the legendary ring to change to the appropriate version.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Currently I only have to be elemental for raids so this won't affect me for now. Our raid leader is our swing healer so he is kind of screwed.

- - - Updated - - -

3 ilvls the first week, 6 the second, 9 the third, 12 the fourth......60 the 20th.
    The on use also scales with ilvl, so it's really a lot more than just 3 ilvls worth of output. On the dps ring, the on use is nearly twice as strong at 795.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinpies View Post
    It is more that they just took the dps ring and made a small change to it for the healer and tank rings instead of making a unique healing and tank rings in addition to the dps one.
    I actually think it's the other way around, they took the tank ring and based the dps and healing rings off of it. The tank ring is the only one that actually has a good reason for activation of one ring to apply to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Very easy to tell someone who has to play both in a raid.
    Someone actually cares about the tanking and healing rings upgrade status?!?

Deleted
    So Blizzard made it easier than ever to switch specs, and you're going to shit all over them because you can't upgrade 2 rings at the same time? Give me a break. Did you even play pre-WoD? Gearing up an offspec was a PITA. Maybe that's the problem though, you think you're "entitled" to it now.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    So Blizzard made it easier than ever to switch specs, and you're going to shit all over them because you can't upgrade 2 rings at the same time? Give me a break. Did you even play pre-WoD? Gearing up an offspec was a PITA. Maybe that's the problem though, you think you're "entitled" to it now.
    some people perform two roles for their group. this means they need to learn and be great at two completely different specs instead of one. it requires more learning and proficiency on each raid boss. it's not a simple matter of clicking different dps buttons. it's higher difficulty, more time investment, and more responsibility.

for all of that extra work the player gets punished instead of rewarded. that's not what raiding should be.

What is being asked for here is on par with "I just upgraded my weapon/trinket for 1 spec, i should automatically get an upgrade for the same slot in my other spec"
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2015-07-26 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glan View Post
    What is being asked for here is on par with "I just upgraded my weapon/trinket for 1 spec, i should automatically get an upgrade for the same slot in my other spec"
    not the same at all. an item drop is one single upgrade. only needs to happen once. your example would be like one archimonde kill fully upgrading the ring.

Guys, relax, I'm sure blizzard will implement a fix in week 120 of this tier so that the rings are automatically even ilvls. And by that time, we'll all be on our 8-9th alts reclearing mythic, post nerf waiting for the next raid while sobbing into our raman that were too addicted to quit this game.

But seriously, definitely sucks for anybody playing a melee/ranged like enh/ele or boomkin/feral. And also for anybody who has to swap back and forth. Because the ilvl doesn't just upgrade the static stats, it upgrades the proc. My dps ring now does 1% more damage (or the tooltip says 1% more anyway) because of the upgrade. The stat ilvl upgrade is nice, but the proc getting upgraded is ridiculously OP and anybody who thinks that isn't a big deal is somebody who doesn't play two specs. That's a "pick a spec right now because you're going to be playing it for the next 40 weeks" deal.

It is exactly the same. The rings are 2 totally different items. You get an upgrade for 1 of your gear sets even if only 3 ilvls and people in this thread are asking for a free upgrade to their other gear set.

The rings are the same as.... say a paladin has using 715 weps for both ret and holy, he kills Archimonde and gets the 720 2hander. He then starts complaining that his holy weapon is still 715.

Maybe a poor example as i don't know if holy has a 715 weapon but still my point stands

it doesn't take 40 weeks to upgrade a couple of gear slots. you don't use both rings at once, either.

this is nothing but a handicap for people filling two roles for their guild.

also, the precedence is already there for "automatic upgrades". when you finish a step in the quest you can walk over to a vendor and buy the higher ilvl ring for 2nd spec. you don't have to do the quest chain for each ring version.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2015-07-26 at 04:46 AM.

Focus on your main spec ring. It doesn't matter if your OS ring isn't upgraded, it's still pretty powerful as is.

I think it's an oversight that will be fixed in a future patch

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I think it's an oversight that will be fixed in a future patch
    Doubt it, I 100% guarantee that you play one spec more than the other. I also 100% guarantee that the DPS ring is better than both the other ones combined.

It is a very easy choice.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2015-07-27 at 12:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Maybe he thinks that because... WE ARE entitled to that.
    I play since vanilla. Since when there was no double spec, when you needed to spend a lot of gold every time to switch spec, when you needed reagents to even cast a simple levitation, when paladin had 5 minutes buffs and their role in a raid was to spend 3 minutes to buff whole raid, 2 minutes to actually play, and then rebuff again.
    You know why, always too late (but we all know people at Blizzard are fucking lazy ass morons who just milk the cows until they can and give a shit about the players), they changed all that? Because it was a lot of useless moronic retarded shit that didnt make the game more challenging but just damn annoying for everyone. Yet we all still played, even if the game was FULL of shit, because the game was new. After 10 years people don't (rightfully so!) put up with that bullshit anymore.
    The fact you can upgrade the ring for a spec and not the others is just retarded, period. I can understand not making legendary ring BOaccount and having alts work a bit to get it (still too slow as well, btw), but not the fact u need to upgrade any spec ring. Anyone trying to defend that reminds me of the clowns defending blizzard when some of us, 10 years ago, already asking a "double spec" on forums, were told no by Blizz (with pathetic excuses, let me add).
    Last edited by mmoc84fe02c5ed; 2015-07-26 at 06:16 PM.

Obviously both / all of your rings should upgrade with each upgrade - as they have all through the expansion. Pretty sure Blizz will fix this as they did with the cloaks in MoP.

Anyone arguing to the contrary is simply trolling or being ridiculously ignorant / stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    They should just have made 1 ring, pretty simple. Make it like the class trinkets, change depending on spec.
    Mind = Blown
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogi View Post
    Obviously both / all of your rings should upgrade with each upgrade - as they have all through the expansion. Pretty sure Blizz will fix this as they did with the cloaks in MoP.

Anyone arguing to the contrary is simply trolling or being ridiculously ignorant / stupid.
    "My opinion is the only valid opinion"

ok
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.