Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    What would you do if you had to choose a new realm and you had to start from scratch?
    Kinda depends on goals.

If you're going for a "top" guild, then where you start is fairly irrelevant because you need to play catch up and "climb the guild ladder" to get the experience you need before those guilds will take you seriously.

This often means you're going to have to server hop around to get into different guilds because limiting yourself to a single server is shooting yourself in the foot. Also being on the same server as a "top guild" tends to be somewhat frowned upon or makes people slightly hesitant. It gives the impression that you're only applying there out of convenience (though this isn't really as big a deal).

Generally speaking hitting up wowprogress and picking a realm with a robust enough community so that you can get your feet out of the mud is best, and then you're going to have to broaden the scope later by looking at all servers.

I personally got into my guild funnily enough by making a post on the wow forums under the recruitment section stating what I was looking for in a guild, and guilds responded to said post and I picked the one that seemed the best fit.

soooo yeah... where you start is pretty arbitrary because it has very little effect on your end result unless you choose a completely dead server where you can't even get a start without transferring.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2015-07-23 at 10:52 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    med pop server with 3 4 days of raiding which is successfull (ie, has a history of clearing content or close to it, no breaks)

that way you get the progress and avoid all the angry child pro wanabes

Well first I'd gauge my own skills, honestly, before I picked a server

I would pick one of the top servers. They'll be super active until the game dies, and even the ones that have lots of top 500 guilds also have tons of raiding guilds of all different levels.

I would roll on a server with a lot of great guilds that with raiding schedules that fit with mine... so most likely a pretty high pop server.

From scratch?
    Explain my old progress and accomplishments to the guild that I intend to join, hopefully get accepted as a trial, and level up the class they need. Picking a realm is stupid. Pick a guild. Good guilds don't give a flying fuck about the "convinience" of you already being ON their realm. Transfers work just as well.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a reason to be in a realm other than kazzak.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!