Deleted

Where to use Gaze vs. PoF?

On which bosses do you guys use Gaze and where do you swtich to PoF? Switched to my arcane mage for this tier, but now alt runs are starting.

I'd use it for Iskar, thats it. some ppl will argue you will use it on Xhul'Horac but i feel like the imps that spawn die so quick since they spawn on melee that Doom Nova wont get much use there, also some ppl will argue to use it Socrethar if you're on ghost duty but the ghost will die very quickly with EoTE instead of EM if you're on ghost duty
    Last edited by TTom2755; 2015-07-23 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    What about M 2nd boss vs H Gaze vs H PoF?

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    What about M 2nd boss vs H Gaze vs H PoF?

by M 2nd boss im asuming you mean the Iron Reaver Piston since you're saying vs H gaze vs PoF?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Vm5JvkySw/edit

oh man i need more sleep, i totally ready your initial post incorrectly, however my answer still stand the only fight I would really use PoF on is Iskar, Core/Gaze is the way to go for most fights, however on the fights you would switch PoF in, I would switch it in place of Core instead of Gaze so for Iskar, PoF+Gaze
    Last edited by TTom2755; 2015-07-23 at 01:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TTom2755 View Post
    by M 2nd boss im asuming you mean the Iron Reaver Piston since you're saying vs H gaze vs PoF?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Vm5JvkySw/edit

according to this spreadsheed NORMAL PoF is ranked higher than every trinket except for Mythic Sethe/Gaze however heroic PoF is ranked higher than every trinket in there except its mythic counterpart even every other mythic trinket.

edit: also i read your initial post wrong, i thought you were asking about switching out Prophecy of Fear w/ PoF not Gaze...

BIS trinkets for ele right now is PoF/Gaze so if you have both i would use both.
    Yeah, Gaze is currently bugged in SimCraft. But as far as we can assume its the best 2nd trinket, but PoF has its uses too.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Yeah, Gaze is currently bugged in SimCraft. But as far as we can assume its the best 2nd trinket, but PoF has its uses too.
    Gaze has been fixed, but I need to update that spreadsheet again (too much to do, not enough time)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Gaze has been fixed, but I need to update that spreadsheet again (too much to do, not enough time)
    Shi is it the second best trinket?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

With the t18 4pc, Gaze procs a lot more than was showing in sims and is the 2nd best trinket for most situations.

Quote Originally Posted by FalcFalcFalc View Post
    With the t18 4pc, Gaze procs a lot more than was showing in sims and is the 2nd best trinket for most situations.
    There are fights where it's my 3rd most damaging ability. It does alot of damage.

I would expect Prophecy to be better than Gaze only in the situations where it is impractical to target the furthest target with Gaze AND where the target you are focusing on will live for a decent amount of time. This pretty much means Mannoroth, Iskar if positioning is hard for you, Tyrant if you group doesn't allow you to position properly, Xhul'horac (almost always as far as I can tell), and Hellfire Council if your group DPS's them all equally.

In most cases I would honestly say Xhul'horac and maybe Mannoroth (assuming your group doesn't require you to burn the adds down) would be your best bet for using Prophecy over Gaze. Hellfire Assault looks like a good candidate but the adds don't live long enough for Prophecy to help. Iskar is actually not hard to simply line yourself up with the furthest target but if your tanks simply don't care and don't group them as well as they could then you might see better results with Prophecy.