Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Police officer shot during routine traffic stop.

As Sgt. Lunger got out of the car and approached the driver side of the vehicle, the driver shot Sgt. Lunger without warning

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/22/us/cal...led/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty awful story. At least they shot the son of a bitch and have him in custody.

That's sad, this is why I would never antagonize the officer on a traffic stop, some of them are on edge

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Self-defense probably.
    That is a sick sense of humor you have.

Self-defense probably.
    Umm... approaching is something that happens in a traffic stop. There's a reason cops in the US are trigger-twitchy, and this is part of it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

And this is why the police sometimes shoot people.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    There's a reason cops in the US are trigger-twitchy, and this is part of it.
    Well theres a reason why citizens are trigger-twitchy now too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd argue that too many civilians getting killed by the police is also a reason why citizens will become trigger-twitchy.
    Maybe if civilians weren't trigger-twitchy, the police wouldn't shoot them.

Catch 22.

I'd argue that too many civilians getting killed by the police is also a reason why citizens will become trigger-twitchy.
    Please show me where its common with thousands of police officers on the job are killing people in traffic stops everyday, this is just a fool hearted statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Maybe if civilians weren't trigger-twitchy, the police wouldn't shoot them.

Catch 22.
    They shoot quite a few unarmed even innocent people. Also they shoot more civs than civs shoot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Well theres a reason why citizens are trigger-twitchy now too.
    And why is that?
    I am never " twitchy" around police officers. And I actully carry a concealed hand gun. Might I add, I have a permit for it.
    Again, why are all these law abiding citizens twitchy around police officers?

/cheers

That sucks. Policing is a dangerous job, but its still unfortunate when people get killed trying to make our society a safer place.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    They shoot quite a few unarmed even innocent people. Also they shoot more civs than civs shoot them.
    Unarmed?? Name some...
    "Unarmed innocent" people police have shot. Let's have some names of UNARMED INNOCENT people. Come on. I know you can do it. I have faith.

Chicago Year To Date, 2015
    Shot & Killed: 227
    Shot & Wounded: 1281
    Total Shot: 1508
    Total Homicides: 261

Baltimore saw 7 shot last night.

A lot of these places are war zones, why are people surprised many cops act the way they do?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Again, why are all these law abiding citizens twitchy around police officers?
    Because I'm actually afraid that if I say the wrong thing I might get pulled out of my driver-side window and beaten. And I'm a white guy.

Just to be clear, I'm not a police hater. I've only been pulled over twice in the last five years. Once for speeding, once for having a headlight out.

Unarmed?? Name some...
    "Unarmed innocent" people police have shot. Let's have some names of UNARMED INNOCENT people. Come on. I know you can do it. I have faith.
    This is a version of No True Scotsman. In the US, we're innocent until proven guilty by the court of law. Therefore, by definition, any unarmed person shot before going through the justice system is an "unarmed innocent" person. Period.

Because I'm actually afraid that if I say the wrong thing I might get pulled out of my driver-side window and beaten. And I'm a white guy.

Just to be clear, I'm not a police hater. I've only been pulled over twice in the last five years. Once for speeding, once for having a headlight out.

I am not afraid. Not at all. Nothing to be afraid about. You all are drinking the media propaganda kool-aid.

Deleted
    driver was probably scared for his life

This is a version of No True Scotsman. In the US, we're innocent until proven guilty by the court of law. Therefore, by definition, any unarmed person shot before going through the justice system is an "unarmed innocent" person. Period.
    Unless they are armed... And attack said officer.... Again.. I beg of you. Name those alleged innocent and unarmed people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    driver was probably scared for his life
    He will be now for sure when that poison starts flowing through his veins...

"The police chief didn't specify what charges Estrada would face."

you murdered a police officer, you're not leaving prison until you're a corpse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they are armed... And attack said officer.... Again.. I beg of you. Name those alleged innocent and unarmed people..
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=police+shoot+unarmed+man

We will never know if they were 'innocent' or not, considering they're dead and didn't get a trial.