UH ? on NP and FS stacks

I have a question about UH. If you're using Necrotic Plague and your timer has reached the CD of Blight what do you now do with those runes from then to Blight reset? I doubt your suppose to start using BB and Icy Touch in place of FS.

You still need to keep generating RP right? I have been working on the rotation / priority list on target dummy and I notice I could keep just going and going stacking more and more time on to the NP dot. So why do we stop stacking time?

I know your suppose to stack FS so the timer ends at the same time Blight does but why? Why don't we just keep stacking more and more time?

You're asking the wrong question.
    Forget about what you should do in that situation, and try not to get in that situation in the first place.
    You only need to use FS on a couple sets of death runes per UB. Any more than that and you're loosing dps by prioritizing FS over SS.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

So I goofed on my first response here I thought you were meaning something entirely different. But the only reason you don't keep festering is because NP stacks have a cap they cap at 20 stacks. The reason when at 20 stacks you want to keep frost runes away and keep festering is because it adds 7 seconds to NP so that way you can wait until unholy blight is off cooldown and then let NP fall off and build it back up using unholy blight. And then doing the same thing FS to add time to NP. Until UB comes off CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    You're asking the wrong question.
    Forget about what you should do in that situation, and try not to get in that situation in the first place.
    You only need to use FS on a couple sets of death runes per UB. Any more than that and you're loosing dps by prioritizing FS over SS.
    How are you losing DPS? SS uses UH runes, not Blood or Frost.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean if you don't use them your losing out on RP generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Because I think what the original question is, is why aren't you using death runes on festering to keep building stacks. I'm not sure you realize NP only stacks to 20. And not 200

- - - Updated - - -

SS uses unholy and death runes.
    The only way you are getting NP to last that long is if you are using FS on death runes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

There is some fights where you'll keep extending NP with FS, but most of the time you'll want to use 1-2 sets of death runes on FS and every other death runes would be used either by SS or blood boil(if aoeing 3+ targets)

Also spamming FS on death runes is a dps loss because FS does less damage than 2x SS

Also NP only stacks to 15 and the only thing FS is doing once it reaches 15 stacks is add 7seconds to your NP duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotles View Post
    Because I think what the original question is, is why aren't you using death runes on festering to keep building stacks. I'm not sure you realize NP only stacks to 20. And not 200
    Do you mean why am I using death runs on FS?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    There is some fights where you'll keep extending NP with FS, but most of the time you'll want to use 1-2 sets of death runes on FS and every other death runes would be used either by SS or blood boil(if aoeing 3+ targets)

Also spamming FS on death runes is a dps loss because FS does less damage than 2x SS

Also NP only stacks to 15 and the only thing FS is doing once it reaches 15 stacks is add 7seconds to your NP duration.
    Well yes, but Im suppose to stack 10 FS to get NP to be just long enough for Blight to come off CD. I know NP only stacks to 15, perhaps I worded it incorrectly.

But what is seem you guys are saying is to use all Death runs on SS, do not use death runes on FS to build it faster to 1:30 sec.

Do you mean why am I using death runs on FS?

- - - Updated - - -

Well yes, but Im suppose to stack 10 FS to get NP to be just long enough for Blight to come off CD. I know NP only stacks to 15, perhaps I worded it incorrectly.

But what is seem you guys are saying is to use all Death runs on SS, do not use death runes on FS to build it faster to 1:30 sec.
    When you pull a boss you start with 2 blood 2 frost and 2 uh runes, then you do an opener like this : fes - ss - fes - ss or dnd if in a cleave/aoe situation. Now your blood and frost runes are recharging as death runes and you only need 7-8 more FS to get NP to last long enough for UB to come off CD. But those death runes you would use SS, after 2 SS you'll have a pair of death runes recharging as blood and frost. You only really need to use 1-2 pair of death runes on FS since every time you use SS with a death rune it will cycle back to his non death status aka blood or frost that's when you use FS to cycle back the runes to death status. Hope it's clear i'm posting with my phone.

Edit : in some situation you'll want to keep using FS to have death runes ready for an AoE phase so that you can quickly blood boil x 4 or 6 if using blood tap you can make your unholy runes cycle to death rune(ie: xhulhorac imps/void spawning at roughly the same interval throughout the fight, same for mannoroth imps/infernal)

Dk is all about managing your runes/rp based on the boss fight.
    Last edited by nephzor; 2015-07-23 at 09:55 PM.

What everyone is saying is that you should only be using 1 to 2 additional FS on death runes rather than using SS which is what you would normally do. It seems to me that you are forgetting that after using FS twice on death runes, you will still have multiple FS uses whenever you have blood and frost runes back up again.