Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    When me and my guild first downed Nef in a mix of blues and crafted/MC purples. Pretty epic moment.

Also when my guild helped me getting my Dreadsteed, mats and quests and all. 30 People running around bullshitting together...good times.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    the best memory i have... it would have to be from the pre wrath event at the isle of quel'danas, when i was on my prot warrior and an alliance mage cast pyro blast and i reflected it and killed him with his own ability as 20+ ghouls attacked him from behind.... good times

Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    Start your answer with, i remember,

I remember when i started playing in the burning crusade, i was playing a rogue, i reached lvl 13 and went to westfall,
    And i spent multiple days trying to get the red defias mask by killing defias dudes, Those were some amazing memories... How about you guys?
    I remember:

The first time I saw Stitches in Darkshore.

The first time I saw the boat in the Deadmines. My guildies didn't spoil it for me and another guildie.

My first epic. Krol Blade, for a rogue it was a big, big deal. I found mine, too, in the Plaguelands.

When my crimson whelping finally dropped.

Jumping of The Twins in Feralas.

Seeing the Princess in Mauradon for the first time.

Doing the Onyxia chain the first time.

Walking into MC, and seeing that it was a whole new game.

Logging into the TBC beta.

Getting my first mount. At 50.

My first AV. That one lasted a couple times, I left, went to bed, went to work, came back, was still going on.

The first time I killed a fucking undead rogue in A/V. Kek this, pal. Seriously, going from no pvp at all hardly, to doing that as a rogue, big moment.

Wasting many nights doing pointless, stupid fun stuff with my guild.

Seeing horde for the first time in Goldshire, at like level 5, they were goofing around, probably on their way to Deadmines. Did'nt know you couldn't inspect them, that attacked them, and got wasted by the horde player, who chased me around Goldshire when I ressed, kekking and licking me. (Dude, i'm a guy!) He was an undead who was pretty famous on the server. He was killed in a car accident late in vanilla, and we held a mass ceremony (with no griefing) at that tower in Southshore, north of the docks, near Tarren Mill. His gf logged on and parked his character there, and since then, that's Mal's tower. (Malevolent, Dragonblight US).

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Serverragonblight_US, towards the bottom. Dang, reading that brought back a ton of memories - the paladin that ripped off the cancer charity, the OCK, Dramablight....good times. I think we had Mauriac in our guild for like a minute, before an officer logged on and kicked him out, on sight.

When I learned to mouseturn, learning how to PvP. Whole new game.
    Last edited by Gadzooks; 2015-07-25 at 05:49 AM.

I remember dungeons being a fun experience worthwhle in their own right and worth doing for the slim chance of a blue drop off the boss instead of the more common crappy green drop they had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Vaelastrasz was so imposing, so huge, will never forget The wipes and good laughs while progressing it.
    C'thun's eye lasers and the WTF faces in our raid.
    Getting both ZG claws in one run and disenchanting them in TBC.... (D'oh)
    Getting Experiment 12-b on our first heroic Ultraxion kill...

Maybe more, but these spawned in my head

I started at the tail end of WoTLK (I figured Cata would be good place to start with the revamp of old zones), my favorite thing was flying around and discovering the in-between zone secrets, running through the tunnels that lead to nowhere, discovering NPC's that only a few had the luck of stumbling across, and all the lore from Archaeology. I spent hours upon hours just exploring between raids or waiting for the group to fill. Tanaan just took too long to come out and the disappointment of knowing that they were never going to implement a whole new place to explore (Farahlon) made the game stagnant for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the XR / Astranaar raids. Plenty of horde and alliance. I was around level 20, and this was the first time I saw a guy on a mount! This was back in 2005.

I remember when I bought the AV frostwolf for 90g and the day after the price was lowered to 10g or something....I guess that's what I get for not reading the patch notes
    Last edited by Xerkx; 2015-07-25 at 05:59 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    being able to level efficiently in more than one zone in WOTLK
    using a slow mount until level 60 because i couldnt afford the fast land mount because i had to pay for spell upgrades every level in TBC
    wanding in Vanilla

I actually appreciate all of those things looking back but if i had to go through it again it would annoy me. I've been playing too long for that king of nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember back in vanilla I was questing with two other random players in Ashenvale as Horde. We were walking on the road when we came upon two night elf players. There was a brief pause as both sides sized up each other. All of a sudden a fight starts and they were quickly joined by a few other Alliance players. I go down first. It seemed like we were going to wipe when two other Horde players showed up and turned the fight in our favor. The lone Alliance survivor, being a male night elf druid, changed into travel form and made a run for it. Our orc hunter put on aspect of the pack and hunted him down, and got the kill while the druid was still in his travel form.

I haven't ran into anything like that ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I remember server identity. Making a name for myself by being a menace to the opposing faction, and also learning the names of my rivals who would respond to my antics. CRZ has put an end to that.
    I can't agree more. Basically "knowing" everyone on your server.

I remember in vanilla me and my friends went to ironforge to pvp (we were horde) and we went house to house killing guards and vendors while random alliance would try to kill us. It was all fine and good until the full naxx geared rogue 1 shotted our healer :P.

The first time i stepped foot in stratholme back when it was still a 10 man. I was so excited to finally get to see one of the areas where some serious stuff happened in warcraft 3. For the same reason, walking into undercity was pretty amazing. The throne room looks exactly like it did in warcraft 3, it was also pretty cool that you could turn up ambient sound to hear the voices from the warcraft 3 cinematics.

I remember wallclimbing into hyjal and caverns of time and being so curious about what would later be there.

I remember giant pvp battles happening throughout blackrock mountain. My favorite moment was when my friend was running around naked in blackrock mountain with a santa hat on and got jumped by a rogue with thunderfury. He ended up fearing him and killing him lol.

I remember when the snowballs used to knock the person you hit down and the guildmaster (mage) threatened to gkick the next person to throw a snowball at him while he was conjuring water. Of course 1 second later 39 people threw a snowball at him. I also remember when you could knock friendlies back with the snowballs in AV (maybe u still can? Dunno) and we knocked our friend almost all the way from the snowfall graveyard to iceblood tower by having everyone throw snowballs at him at the same time.

I also remember in TBC one of the guilds i was in had a rule where we'd do a couple of blind attempts on bosses before we looked strats up. We killed Rage winterchill on our first try like that and even killed shade of akama after a few blind attempts. I think the blind attempts really just made the bosses more fun but i think it'd be hard to find a guild to do that today.

Really just to many things to list them all :P. To this day hearing the barrens music still gives me goosebumps and makes me a little sad just because it reminds me of how much i used to love wow.
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2015-07-25 at 06:22 AM.

I remember running Scholomance (sp?) with my guild back in vanilla. I was like 13 or 14 and didn't have any really good friends at school so I just had those guys.
    Also I remember world PvPing in Ashenvale. That was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post

And pvp balance.
    Fucking classic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I remember when the snowballs used to knock the person you hit down and the guildmaster (mage) threatened to gkick the next person to throw a snowball at him while he was conjuring water. Of course 1 second later 39 people threw a snowball at him. I also remember when you could knock friendlies back with the snowballs in AV (maybe u still can? Dunno) and we knocked our friend almost all the way from the snowfall graveyard to iceblood tower by having everyone throw snowballs at him at the same time.
    I forgot about the snowballs!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xerkx View Post
    I can't agree more. Basically "knowing" everyone on your server.

It definitely made PvP a lot more fun, there was a ton of horde vs. alliance competition and rivalries on our server. There were certain guilds, if they showed up in AB or AV, you just gave up. The smack talking on the server forum was epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I remember flying around Pandaria, looking through every nook and cranny as if it were brand new, majestic and serene place. Then I parked my monk in his farmhouse on sunsong ranch closed WoW for the very last time. You see, just prior to that I spent about 2 hours in 6.2 beta. WoD being the single worst thing Blizzard had ever made in its history had finally broken the spell WoW had over me for 11 years.

In one joyous moment I realized, I was finally free. Oh and that was about 30 days ago.
    Ha.

You'll be back.

10+ Year Old Account
    World PVP really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Running naxxramas in t4 gear to get atiesh for a guildie, was still pretty intense.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only nostalgic feelings i have for Vanilla/TBC and WotlK. I almost didn't play in the Cata, didn't play MoP and played then WoD 4 months. And I'm pretty sure the Cata and MoP were utter shit exp.

1)The terrible labyrinths before the Sunken Temple, it was hard but satisfying to get there. Then i tanked there with my Prot Paladin. It was just autoattack+consecration+reckoning style. Here the rare beautiful sword dropped for me. I was happy as hell. There was no LFG, just pure living interaction. We have two girls in our party, and we went through Sunken Temple couple times, and also Blackrock before. Really nostalgic feeling.
    I swear, people, without LFG the dungeons felt much more important, unique, mysterious and fun. The first steps into Razorfen dungeons gave me much more satisfaction than all leveling content in the WoD. There was challenge. It was not so easy even to go through the packs of mobs near the entrance. It wasn't repeated zergfest of LFG, when players just tired to see the same old instance. We went to dungeons just one-two times in a day, because it was hard and gave enough satisfaction to stop. We did quests more. Thats why dungeons didn't turn into boring fest. They kept their mystery and aura of struggle and achievement. And the questing felt much more important too. Now the questing is dead. There is only LFG leveling. Back then we spend fun hours together to go through the quest chains. We found new friends during them, we found sudden PvP with Horde during them. It was much more engaging features, than garrisons and random LFG shit.
    2) Beautifull days of leveling in the Outland. Great experience back then. Oh, Zangarmarsh, how beautiful you was. Also funny and stupid wipes in the Auchindoun.
    3)Oh god, those fucking two first bosses in the Black Temple. I hate those tonnels with elementals and nagas, and then those orcs flying around on nether dragons. Also those Mother's wipes. It was stressful but funny again.
    4) Non-stop PvP in the Stranglethorn Valley on the BC with my holy-shock Paladin (yeah, that were the glorious days of shockodins). We have const guild party and it was real fun to fight in the ruins near Gurubashi Arena. It was like the real siege battles, with defending of ruins. We have couple healers me including, fat feral druid, and couple rogues. Then we died, then hide, tracked the enemies, regrouped and fought again.
    5)Epic 1hour+ arena fights with my sl/sl warlock+restodruid in the BC. Thats was stressful but funny shit. Drain Soul was OP back then.
    6)Annoying OP death knights and destro warlocks in the 3.0.1/3.1.3. I was stubborn and PvP only in affliction build, sl/sl WotlK variation. Then, with better Arena equip in 3.2+ i have 90% win rate in the duels near the Stormwind. I defeated even those A8-9 unholy fuckers. Warlocks were fun, strong, and unique back then (BC/WotlK). Miss them looking at that boring garbage we have now.

Uh, good old days.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2015-07-25 at 09:06 AM.

I remember when TBC came out and my server tried to have some ceasefire between the horde and the alliance. Within a day one of my friends (who i still play with today after having met him in vanilla, though we have both quit wow) had ended up on the KoS list on the forums. Was pretty funny stuff.
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2015-07-25 at 10:20 AM.

first time i saw Thoradin's Wall....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22