Elemental 2 set bonus and Elemental Fusion

Is EF the mandatory talent once you have the T18 2 set bonus? And another thing I'm not sure of, EF buffs fulmination correct?

No, EF is not mandatory when you get 2PC (EF will only buff the first earth shock in the chain). And, no, EF does not buff fulmination damage.

The only thing that makes EF mandatory is the class trinket, because flame shock will "snapshot" your EF state when cast.

No and no. EF is only mandatory on almost all fights once you get the class trinket. EF buffs Earth Shock damage not Fulmination.

Edit - What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by FalcFalcFalc View Post
    No and no. EF is only mandatory on almost all fights once you get the class trinket. EF buffs Earth Shock damage not Fulmination.

Edit - What he said.
    Isn't Blizz going against their mandatory thing with this and putting ascendance on a 2 minute cd making Elemental Mastery pretty mandatory?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Isn't Blizz going against their mandatory thing with this and putting ascendance on a 2 minute cd making Elemental Mastery pretty mandatory?
    EM is not mandatory, it is a bit better. If you feel more comfortable with echo, stick with it, especially on earthquake fights.

Even if it did buff Fulmination damage the EF buff goes away once you use Earth Shock whether or not the 2 pc procs so it wouldn't be any different with or without the 2 pc.

I have a question. I have 2 t18 pieces and I use EF, should i cast instant LvB between ES procs to boost ES damamge ?

Quote Originally Posted by vanhanh1988 View Post
    I have a question. I have 2 t18 pieces and I use EF, should i cast instant LvB between ES procs to boost ES damamge ?
    My understanding is that as long as you are not at 20 stacks it is acceptable to cast between ES uses as it adds more stacks to fulmination. Once you are at 20 stacks, you should use ES as much as possible. EF does not affect fulmination damage, so trying to get EF to buff ES's base damage is not something you should bother with.