Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Imo instead of new capital cities that will become ghost towns 2 years later they should just add more portal clusters to the new zones from org/sw like they did in cataclysm.
    They should add portals to a different capital each expansion. Like, Stormwind/Orgrimmar in MoP, Thunder Bluff/Exodar in WoD, Darnassus/Silvermoon for a naga expansion, Undercity/Ironforge for a more tech based expansion.

I didn't like that Stormwind and Org became the 'capitals' in Cata and still are essentially. When Darnassus, Ironforge, Exodar, and Silvermoon are like total ghost towns. (and maybe UC and TB and even Gilneas, too)

Can we make use of these beautiful existing cities instead of making new ones?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlyse View Post
    I didn't like that Stormwind and Org became the 'capitals' in Cata and still are essentially. When Darnassus, Ironforge, Exodar, and Silvermoon are like total ghost towns. (and maybe UC and TB and even Gilneas, too)

Can we make use of these beautiful existing cities instead of making new ones?
    That would also be a good option, they are very nice cities just taking space atm =( such a waste =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Gilneas could be made into something.

Personally, I don't think we'll see another city in Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Think about it. How long haven't we had proper new capital cities in an expansion?
    It sounds like your complaint isn't about major capital cities. It's that we haven't had a capital city where both factions are in them neutral. Which is what BC and WotLK had that you like. Cata was because people wanted a reason to be in Org/SW. MoP had a capital city, but wasn't shared. It still counts as a capital city and had everything one would except the opposite faction. Warspear isn't intended to be a capital city. Just the center point of the HvsA war. It just happens to have portals because we needed a way back to Azeroth. Where else were they going to put them? Surely not our garrison because we need a reason to get out of them (Yes, I'm being sarcastic and believe they should be there too as I see nothing wrong with garrisons).

Real capital cities? Where will they put the mine & the command table(s)?

Deleted
    I just want to have Gnomeregan and Gilneas.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    You mean like how Shattrath and Dalaran were both shared for Horde and Alliance?
    That's different. If they had given us one, big capital city shared by both factions in MoP, I would have been happy. Instead we got a small shithole that was copy pasted over to the other faction because effort is overrated. Also why did you conveniently choose to ignore my other complaint?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It sounds like your complaint isn't about major capital cities. It's that we haven't had a capital city where both factions are in them neutral. Which is what BC and WotLK had that you like. Cata was because people wanted a reason to be in Org/SW. MoP had a capital city, but wasn't shared. It still counts as a capital city and had everything one would except the opposite faction. Warspear isn't intended to be a capital city. Just the center point of the HvsA war. It just happens to have portals because we needed a way back to Azeroth. Where else were they going to put them? Surely not our garrison because we need a reason to get out of them (Yes, I'm being sarcastic and believe they should be there too as I see nothing wrong with garrisons).
    No, my complaint is that we haven't gotten any new awesome capital cities since WotLK. I don't care if they were shared or not. If the Alliance had gotten Karabor this expansion and the Horde had gotten Bladespire, I would've been more than happy. Instead we got the Shitran "capital" cities. Oh yeah and our garrisons, to isolate us even further. Cuz why spend time with other players in an MMORPG when you can have a mini-capital city of your own? (Yes, I'm being sarcastic and believe players should get the opportunity to interact more).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Imo instead of new capital cities that will become ghost towns 2 years later they should just add more portal clusters to the new zones from org/sw like they did in cataclysm.
    Dalaran isn't a ghost town. A metric ton of people still use it, it's crowded every time I go there.

The only mistake with Dalaran was it's physical size. It just needed to be more the size of Shattrath, so that your computer wasn't trying to render quite so many players/NPCs at once (distance is a good thing).

Sadly, in usual Blizzard fashion, rather than fix it (by going back to a larger city model) they decided to simply not do it anymore at all.

Among my hopes for the next expansion is a large city the size of Shattrath, shared by both factions, that has all the flavor and activity available that Dalaran did (i.e. rare events with rewards, toys, rare fishing, fountain fishing achievement, etc.). I doubt we'll get it, but I hope anyway.

What purpose do they actually perform ?
    Players have vocally complained about there being nobody out in the world, something an all-inclusive capital city/town is only making worse.
    In some ways they are serving the same purpose as garrisons, only worse in providing more options such as bank without a required choice between buildings.

They need their own stories, their own character instead of simply being another hub we take over for our own needs.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    That's different. If they had given us one, big capital city shared by both factions in MoP, I would have been happy. Instead we got a small shithole that was copy pasted over to the other faction because effort is overrated. Also why did you conveniently choose to ignore my other complaint?

No, my complaint is that we haven't gotten any new awesome capital cities since WotLK. I don't care if they were shared or not. If the Alliance had gotten Karabor this expansion and the Horde had gotten Bladespire, I would've been more than happy. Instead we got the Shitran "capital" cities. Oh yeah and our garrisons, to isolate us even further. Cuz why spend time with other players in an MMORPG when you can have a mini-capital city of your own? (Yes, I'm being sarcastic and believe players should get the opportunity to interact more).
    Group/raid/dungeon finder, combined realms, greater communication options etc.
    There is more opportunity for players that actually want to bother.
    Just those doing most of the complaining generally aren't.
    Putting you into proximity with other players isn't achieving any of that.
    It takes the desire from the players to actually do that.

Look at the repeated anti-lfr rants which are all about further segregating the community for an example.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-07-24 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Players have vocally complained about there being nobody out in the world, something an all-inclusive capital city/town is only making worse.
    In some ways they are serving the same purpose as garrisons, only worse in providing more options such as bank without a required choice between buildings.
    If you honestly think that Garrisons and Capital Cities serve an identical purpose, then it's time to log out and take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

They need their own stories, their own character instead of simply being another hub we take over for our own needs.

Group/raid/dungeon finder, combined realms, greater communication options etc.
    There is more opportunity for players that actually want to bother.
    Just those doing most of the complaining generally aren't.
    Putting you into proximity with other players isn't achieving any of that.
    It takes the desire from the players to actually do that.

Look at the repeated anti-lfr rants which are all about further segregating the community for an example.
    As long as the city isn't in the middle of fucking nowhere (Exodar) and offers decent transportation options (portals, ships, zeppelins), people will go there and keep going there. Like I said, my Hearthstone is still at Shrine because it has the superior amount of portals. And I still regularly visit Dalaran as it's the fastest way to get to Caverns of Time, ICC, Ulduar or Malygos. I know others do too. Things like the coin collecting achievement and fishing dailies will keep drawing people to the city, even three expansions later.

Also the LFR rants aren't about the social aspect, it's because it's piss ass easy and an insult to raiding.

Not to mention that people grouped together via dungeon finder and LFR are usually not very tempted to start a social interaction. They get annoyed when anyone in the group talks and just want to rush rush rush to finish up their shit. When is the last time you had a conversation in a random dungeon?

Being together in a capital city invites people to social interaction more than LFD or LFR ever will.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That was a horrible idea then, it still is now.

I'd love a new capital, but honestly I'm cool with mini-capitals like we got in Ashran. But make them feel less stock, make them fit with where they are built.

The Shrines felt too compact, Ashran felt too.... SW/ORG.
    Well, one HUGE problem with Stormshield is the fact the whole place is instanced, you can not run away from it without getting in a que for Ashran.. they are NOT capitals...

New capitals cities would be a very good idea, like Kezan and Kul'tiras for example, give us a reason to be there without the need of 500 portals, the portals take away my immersive look on the game.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would like a capital that would be used all the time, not just for a single expansion. A re-done, larger SW/Org with better visuals which would serve as the faction capital for a few packs would be perfect for me.

I remember when Ironforge was the place to be as Alliance for the longest time.
    Still have people in but overshadowed by Stormwind now.

Deleted
    Dalaran=Shattrah>Vanilla capitals>>>Shrines>>>>>>>WoD capitals.

Blizzard knows that trashcan hubs are "fun" for us, and you will obey
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

People do remember right that bladespire and karabor were intended to be the capitals but they had to rush to get WoD launched in time?

So there's nothing to suggest they are uninterested in making large capitals. Will they have time to make a capital in 7.0? Who knows, but i don't see anything to suggest they don't want them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

i personally hope so
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    And Highmaul, BRF and HFC are high quality raid content?
    Yes? Is this even debatable?