Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    I much rather see them expand our real capital cities (Orgrimmar/Storwind) with each expansion instead of building a temporary one for each expansion.
    I just don't understand this reasoning. Every expansion is temporary. Every zone, every raid, every dungeon, every quest, everything in a new expansion is temporary. It lasts until the expansion is over, and then you move on to the next one. Why can't this be the same for capital cities? By making new capital cities, the world only gets bigger and more beautiful.

I agree a lot of capital cities have been neglected, but it's no reason to never have new ones again.

I really wish they would bring a major city again like it used to be in Wrath and Burning crusade. Really enjoyed the cities back then. Also being in IF tons of people and horde invading alot also was really good back in vanilla.

Deleted
    Not if it needs too much effort to implement them.
    Thats what its all about for blizzard nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Everyone is selfish. You want to have fun with the game and so do I. If I like the current state of the game does that make me selfish?
    Yup, pretty much, because there's always someone out there feeling that his pet peeves with the game are everyone's concern. I don't like the current state of the game since I've seen it at its best (subjectively at least) but those that do love it in its current state...well, less for more will be the new formula if Blizzard sees that players will accept it. I'm trying to have fun for as long as I can until they change the game too much for me to justify a sub.

Thank the Light for wow tokens at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I just don't understand this reasoning. Every expansion is temporary. Every zone, every raid, every dungeon, every quest, everything in a new expansion is temporary. It lasts until the expansion is over, and then you move on to the next one. Why can't this be the same for capital cities? By making new capital cities, the world only gets bigger and more beautiful.

I agree a lot of capital cities have been neglected, but it's no reason to never have new ones again.
    Not everyone seems to want that though. They want fish bowl zones with a clear cut path and mobs at every corner and NO spaces that are there just for the beauty of creating a living world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, WoW doesnt change after all. Probably the last expansion to, no new content or anything

On a serious note, yes there be capital cities again
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

They should update Silvermoon and Exodar, add flying to them and make them the capital cities at the very least. Otherwise there should be either one very large (at least as big as Shatt) shared city or two Dalaran size cities divided by faction. No portals needed (maybe some sort of transport to another city that isn't Org/SW), just have auction houses and banks and other city stuff.

What I really don't want: what we have now or another exp where we are forced into Org. That place is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    And Highmaul, BRF and HFC are high quality raid content?

Come on now, you're talking out of your ass.

There's no relation between a high quality capital city and subpar raiding content (or even other content for that matter).
    They are actually. Even top-end players are comparing HFC/BRF with Ulduar in interviews.

Citizens of Dalaran! Raise your eyes to the skies and observe!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That was a horrible idea then, it still is now.

I'd love a new capital, but honestly I'm cool with mini-capitals like we got in Ashran. But make them feel less stock, make them fit with where they are built.

The Shrines felt too compact, Ashran felt too.... SW/ORG.
    It was a GREAT idea in MoP and some people still use it to get around (since they have a garrison and shipyard hearths).

Sorry, but I agree with Zoneseek. Portal clusters > pointless pretty capital "city".

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'm hoping for another capital like Shattrath. I only got to experience Dalaran and it was too cramped for my taste, but Shatt? Must have been awesome...I'm a BIT tentative when it comes to SHARING capital with the Alliance, but it's heaps better than what we've gotten in WoD.
    Dal was a lot cooler than Shat.

Honestly all people did in shat was hang around in front of the banks. If they had ashes of alar or the warglaives, they'd equip them and just afk all day in front of the bank attempting to look cool. Everyone else ignored them but mostly just stood around in front of the bank.

PVPers hung out in the lower area because that is where the PVP queue guys stood. You never went up on aldor or scryer tier for any reason except to set your hearthstone and to turn in tokens for tier pieces.

It was mostly just chilling in front of the bank.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Time to institute a capital city quota.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Dal was a lot cooler than Shat.

Honestly all people did in shat was hang around in front of the banks. If they had ashes of alar or the warglaives, they'd equip them and just afk all day in front of the bank attempting to look cool. Everyone else ignored them but mostly just stood around in front of the bank.

PVPers hung out in the lower area because that is where the PVP queue guys stood. You never went up on aldor or scryer tier for any reason except to set your hearthstone and to turn in tokens for tier pieces.

It was mostly just chilling in front of the bank.
    I remember people showing off their Netherwing Drakes in Shattrath all day long. And falling to my death on the Aldor elevator. Good times.

Deleted
    There is still the Goblin home City and the Gnomes could always finally recapture Gnomregan so I never have to dungeon there on an alt again!

I enjoy sanctuary cities that combine horde and alliance in one place. It lets me have one place where I can see movement by non-NPCs on a non-top tier server. But I also kind of know it is unlikely they will ever really invest in that concept again. You can get by without it and still earn money. Do as little as possible seems to be the primary design priority.

7+ Year Old Account
    They really need a big place that gathers players from both factions, to make it feel alive, both the Capital and the areas surrounding it. Im tired of the small hubs, wich offer NOTHING, and are boring as hell. (Im not gonna even mention my garrison)

7+ Year Old Account
    I think its time that some of the existing but little used capitals got some focus, an expansion using Darnassus and Thunder Bluff as capitals is long overdue.

As for the other capitals whilst I loved Stormwind, Orgrimmar and Dalaran, I found The Shrines and Warspear/Stormshield to be totally underwhelming and Shattrath was the most annoying city ever with its constant fucking laughing sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    Mentioned before one way they can make capital cities relevant again.

The next villain group arrives in full force and every once a week or something like that, one or two of each faction's capitals are invaded by the enemy. And it is the players who needs to help go to these cities and help repel the invaders who are of all levels so anyone can participate. The higher level invaders would mostly go after the cities top npcs including the faction leaders.
    Now if you succeed in repelling the invaders off, you are rewarded with stuff but let's say if the invaders successfully defeat the leader the city itself is lost to you, all the quest givers, auctioneers and masters in that city are locked out, the leaders regroup in one of the other cities and you will need to charge in and take the city back from the invaders.
    After this, the city would be damaged and you can do various daily quests to contribute the repairing of the city.
    And to make sure the invaders don't conquer every city your faction have, the fact that defeated faction leaders will also be present in the remaining cities would make it impossible for the invaders to be 100% successful so at least you will always have a city available.

Something like that.
    No thanks. I like having my city available for me. Too few people will defend it, some servers simply don't even have enough people, so it will be lost every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It'd be nice if blizz focused on capital cities instead of boring stupid raids.

I'd rather have Karabor/Bladespire as our capitals than highmaul, do we really need more than one raid in the first patch? No we don't, they're just too lazy to do other content. Which is why we haven't seen any questlines on the scale of 5.1's questline this expansion.

Less raids and more focus on other aspects of the game can only help at this point, we need more non-raid content for next expansion, or it'll be like this one: shite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Anyway, with the next expansion slowly coming closer, I'm really hoping we get a new capital city again. And to be honest, I would really prefer if it was one city shared by the Horde and the Alliance, because with MoP and WoD, we've seen that Blizzard is just too fucking lazy to design a new capital city for each faction. So I'd rather have one completely new and awesome capital city then just two mirrored ones again.

What about you? Do you think we'll get capital cities at all, and do you want one for each faction or would you prefer if they share one again?
    The dilemma now is players want housing but if Blizzard puts it in say, Stormwind, people won't play the new expansion enough. If they don't play the new expansion enough people can't do the group activities.

It'll be too popular to ignore, and it's the missing RPG element the game has been lacking for 10 years (can you imagine for 10 years we never even had a bedroll for 1/3 of a life of an humanoid???), which ensures it will be used a lot.

Garrisons aren't a substitute for cities in new zones as it's not permanent, either.

It has to be in a capital and designed simply as some trophy hall for players. For Paladins an ante room in the cathedral would do (that was the missing element for my toon with the garrisons, little connection he's a godly fighter and his connection to the cathedral).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."