Deleted

If I have to, when do I go arms?

Yo,

I have ilvl 710 as fury, got 2 incredible two-handers (HC) from Zakuun but i keep seeing arms warrior with lower ilvl getting more dps output. Sure, they might have had the 4 set bonus from HFC. I don't have any set bonuses apart from BRF 4 set. I could equip 2-set pieces from HFC, but they are normal gear, and get the bonuses. But break the 4-set bonus from BRF (mythic)..? Should I break the 4 set BRF bonus for fury and arms? Or just arms? Do I even go as arms already? Do I have to do it?

Also which Bosses do I go arms? I also have question about the rend uptime when there are plenty of adds. How many targets do you recommend applying rend on? Because it feels like a DPS loss when I have to run around applying Rend on every GCD.

Now?

Practically never.

Tyrant and council fight or if your guild struggle around 20% on certain fights.

So basically if you run with Prot as one of your two specs, you should pick fury?
    made by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Gruxa View Post
    So basically if you run with Prot as one of your two specs, you should pick fury?
    You can just download actionbar saver addon and have them all. It takes less than 5 min to visit a class trainer and respect. Arms does so much better than fury on tyrant when you got tier 18.

On heroic? Tyrant+Council. Maybe xhul if your guild's imp AoE dps is already great and you wanna truck the boss's hp. Maybe archimonde if your guild's hellcaller dps is garbage and they're up for a while and you reliably stack an infernal in boss range in last phase.

Isn't arms still better for single target than fury even after the nerfs? fury might pull ahead with bis gear but let's say full heroic t18 and class trinket it seems that arms is still quite strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    You can just download actionbar saver addon and have them all. It takes less than 5 min to visit a class trainer and respect. Arms does so much better than fury on tyrant when you got tier 18.
    I respect you to my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Isn't arms still better for single target than fury even after the nerfs? fury might pull ahead with bis gear but let's say full heroic t18 and class trinket it seems that arms is still quite strong.
    Noooooooooooope

Arms with the 4pc and if you can, class trinket, is for Tyrant, Council, Soc and Archi. Killrog is ok for arms, and Gore on mythic. Everything else, fury.

Deleted
    Iskar if you want to do useful prio target dps on the add you want to kill first, instead of mass aoe dps what fury does with BS. Makes the fight alot simplier when even 1 big add dies, and the boss dps doesn't matter that much atleast on heroic.

In my opinion

Council
    Tyrant
    Xhul'horac
    Iskar
    Archimonde

Though I don't even have a Fury spec at the moment and so play Arms on pretty much everything, was playing Glad for a little while after the T18 Arms nerf, but then I got the Legendary ring and it has better synergy with my Arms gear. I've heard some people say they go Fury on Archimonde, but I've done some Heroic Archi pugs and the Fury Warriors even with superior gear don't even get remotely close, 15-20k dps behind.

The better Fury Warriors would be closer/higher, but I still don't think there is any option other than Arms on Archimonde. You could argue Gladiator is superior to Fury on that fight, but it has no execute dps which makes it pointless on progression... Given how important the execute phase is it's not even an option to go Gladiator (though overall dps would be good).
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-07-29 at 02:37 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    In my opinion

Council
    Tyrant
    Xhul'horac
    Iskar
    Archimonde

Though I don't even have a Fury spec at the moment and so play Arms on pretty much everything, was playing Glad for a little while after the T18 Arms nerf, but then I got the Legendary ring and it has better synergy with my Arms gear. I've heard some people say they go Fury on Archimonde, but I've done some Heroic Archi pugs and the Fury Warriors even with superior gear don't even get remotely close, 15-20k dps behind.

The better Fury Warriors would be closer/higher, but I still don't think there is any option other than Arms on Archimonde. You could argue Gladiator is superior to Fury on that fight, but it has no execute dps which makes it pointless on progression... Given how important the execute phase is it's not even an option to go Gladiator (though overall dps would be good).
    I tried fury on archimonde because I thought the nerf was going to depend on how long the add lives. Turns out its still too early in this tier for my guild and the add usually lives for a whole rend period, so arms is still good. But on normal I'd probably still go with fury, adds die too fast & things dont do any dmg for execute phase to actually matter.

Kinda feels like normal is undertuned compared to BRF heroic vs normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    I tried fury on archimonde because I thought the nerf was going to depend on how long the add lives. Turns out its still too early in this tier for my guild and the add usually lives for a whole rend period, so arms is still good. But on normal I'd probably still go with fury, adds die too fast & things dont do any dmg for execute phase to actually matter.

Kinda feels like normal is undertuned compared to BRF heroic vs normal.
    For arch, even on heroic for my guild the adds die so quick it just doesn't seem worth it...so I still roll fury

15+ Year Old Account
    We plan to start doing CMs soon, we just need to complete golds, no ladder.

So, considering the latest Arms nerf, should I swap from Fury to arms? If no, which fury is better? 1h or 2h?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagash View Post
    We plan to start doing CMs soon, we just need to complete golds, no ladder.

So, considering the latest Arms nerf, should I swap from Fury to arms? If no, which fury is better? 1h or 2h?
    The arms nerf only affected T18 4pc, it has no effect on CM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, thought there were a batch of nerf not just the set.

Anyway, is Fury (1h or 2h) viable for Golds or should I change to Arms by all means?

Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    The arms nerf only affected T18 4pc, it has no effect on CM.
    There was a slight nerf to mortal strike, but buffed back up due to mastery. This does effect your CM dmg, but not by that much I guess.

Deleted
    Fury is okay for golds, specially if you had any luck with TW or Baleful items with only crit as secondary on them. I used 2h because I don't have good 1hs at all and 2hs both got crit on them. Enraged Bladestorm with 2hs and Scabbard is pretty big dmg on trash. I think Fury also have better single dps, so if your grp have low boss dps, you should be perfectly fine with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, Ripalii!