Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Simple poll.

Clarification: Just a general question. Should women have the choice to protect themselves with a gun. If this means apply for a permit then so be it. By whatever means that is legal in their state of residence.
    THere are more easily available and more easily used non-lethal options for self-defense. Use a can of bear spray, that'll fuck anyone up real good and you won't have to kill someone to defend yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Protect themselves against what?
    Does it really needs to be said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

My mom always carries her snub nose revolver.

Polar bears

given that men are more likely to be the victims of a violet crime then women and women already can carry weapons i don't understand why you are asking this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Whether you support the second amendment or not, it does apply to every citizen in the US, yes?
    To be legally accurate.. It applies to every resident...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Last time I saw a chick with a gun, EVERYBODY DIED.

It was True Detective. Rachel McAdams just starts shit. Erbody dead. like, erbody.
    Thank you so much for the spoiler tag on the show that is still pretty new.

My husband's been pushing me to take classes for a pistol. I've never even touched a gun in my life. But he deploys every 14 months for 8 months at a time... he said it'd make him feel more comfortable if I had something to protect myself. That my flailing, fighting, and limp noodle routine wouldn't cut it. I'm inclined to agree... but... I still don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

Other then that... if men can carry them, women should, too. Reminds me of a t-shirt my husband has of a grizzly bear holding an arm lol it says 'I have a right to bear arms.'

10+ Year Old Account
    woman have a second amendment right to bear arms... and states have requirements that can be filled.... I dont understand this thread

- - - Updated - - -

the patriarchy

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Simple poll.

Clarification: Just a general question. Should women have the choice to protect themselves with a gun. If this means apply for a permit then so be it. By whatever means that is legal in their state of residence.
    They already have and use this right, at least where not constantly obstructed by nanny states with a very tenuous grasp on the 2nd Amendment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    My husband's been pushing me to take classes for a pistol. I've never even touched a gun in my life. But he deploys every 14 months for 8 months at a time... he said it'd make him feel more comfortable if I had something to protect myself. That my flailing, fighting, and limp noodle routine wouldn't cut it. I'm inclined to agree... but... I still don't want to shoot myself in the foot.
    Presumably you manage to handle kitchen knives without cutting yourself, yard work without injury. It's not any different. Training and repetition and attention.

Deleted
    Why specifically women? What's the difference to men?

Deleted
    If anyone feels the need to carry a gun for protection they should move.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Presumably you manage to handle kitchen knives without cutting yourself, yard work without injury. It's not any different. Training and repetition and attention.
    A lot of women find guns scary. I think pepper spray would be a better solution for them, it's like spraying a bug with insecticide.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I really don't understand what this have to do with being male of female?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No point to this thread. 2nd Amendment applies to everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    If anyone feels the need to carry a gun for protection they should move.
    . . . cause everyone can just bootstrap out of the hood right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why this question is limited to women.

They already have that right, as do men, in many states with concealed carry laws.

If I had my druthers, though, handguns would be entirely illegal outside the police force. People can practice their right to bear arms with rifles and shotguns, things you can't conceal easily. I know that's never going to happen though.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    To be legally accurate.. It applies to every resident...
    If woman form a part of the militia.

The rational of the founding fathers was not lets have one of the most violent countries in the first world henceforth people should be able to own guns for protection.
    Last edited by mmocebc95cf0d7; 2015-07-24 at 03:59 PM.

Here in Texas, women can, if they have a concealed handgun permit. In a few months open carry will come in to effect. Then you will no longer need to conceal them except in certain circumstances.

/cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I don't know why this question is limited to women.

They already have that right, as do men, in many states with concealed carry laws.

If I had my druthers, though, handgunIn s would be entirely illegal outside the police force. People can practice their right to bear arms with rifles and shotguns, things you can't conceal easily. I know that's never going to happen though.
    They already are, for the most part. Only legal citizens without a felony or any history of mental instability can own one. Yet, by and large the majority of the crimes commited with handguns are done so because they obtained them illegally.
    But this thread is not a gun control debate.

/cheers