Question [Balance] What's the deal with trinkets?

So I'm really confused with trinkets this patch, especially what is better when switching to Mythic from Heroic and other way around. Given that currently I can use:

• Iron Reaver Piston (Mythic Warforged)
    • Unblinking Gaze of Seethe (Heroic)
    • Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia (Heroic)
    • Seed of Creation (Normal)
    • Chipped Soul Prism (Normal)

I'm generally leaning towards IRP + SoC for most fights, but I'm not sure: maybe UGS / DSI makes sense since both are Heroic compared to normal SoC? Can someone smarter than me advise?
    Last edited by Nr; 2015-07-24 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    i would adwise u to use Iron Reaver Piston (Mythic Warforged) and Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia (Heroic) just bcus the SoC normal doesnt have a very big proc chance

First of all I would suggest you sim your char with the different trinkets. But I would guess that IRP and DSI is best for u for most fights. The only fight where I would use SoC(N) would be for HighCouncil actually. but u can sim that as well(3 targets) but for progress I would say IRP since it is more reliable.

Deleted
    My guild will face mythic council this sunday and I'm note sure which trinket I should use besides DSI(Heroic) in this fight.
    Seed of Creation (Normal) or Goren Soul Repository (Mythic)?
    Can you guys give me an advice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephi View Post
    My guild will face mythic council this sunday and I'm note sure which trinket I should use besides DSI(Heroic) in this fight.
    Seed of Creation (Normal) or Goren Soul Repository (Mythic)?
    Can you guys give me an advice?
    GSR, you reliably want starfall up for atleast the first 3rd of the boss, unfortunately normal soc isnt reliable enough for this. once you get hc+ soc you'll swap gsr out.

That said it really helps to kill gurthok with on 2-3 stacks, without soc your gothok dmg will be alot lower, so you may find in order to kill it in time you simply can not starfall at all without soc.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee