Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Man Charged With Capital Murder For Killing Officer in No-Knock Raid

http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/.../19/id/651429/

I guess it's no surprise that no-knock raids in Texas have gotten officers killed not just once, but twice.

I'd say free pass, he was defending his home from unknown assaulters. One of the few cases I'd say so.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Not surprising he gets a trial. If he's convicted it will be surprising.

As I understand it, Marvin had been arrested a dozen times before and surrendered peacefully each time the cops identified themselves. He obviously thought he was being attacked by other criminals, something which happens with a lot of frequency in his circle.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

As a veteran I can only relate to my own experience.

If I was killed in a raid in Iraq , my killer would not be charged with murder. If he was the target, he would be charged with what we raided for. If not, then we fucked up and my death is a tragic mistake brought on by bad Intel.

So this guy should be exempt from this charge. If they are worried about getting killed, they need to fucking knock and announce themselves. When you barge in like that, your Intel better be on point and you better expect a surprised person with a gun to shoot back. It's common fucking sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

If they didn't identify themselves as police officers, I hope he doesn't get convicted. Tragic as it is, you can't burst in without identifying yourself and expect a warm greeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you shoot someone, for any reason, you should be charged. This does not necessarily mean you spend any time in jail or that the DA wont just drop the charges if it is clearly self defense.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Are you supposed to ask everyone that breaks into your house to potentially rape and kill you whether they are police?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Are you supposed to ask everyone that breaks into your house to potentially rape and kill you whether they are police?
    And saying that they're police really doesn't mean much, because anyone like the Blue Light Rapist can just say they're police.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    When you shoot someone, for any reason, you should be charged. This does not necessarily mean you spend any time in jail or that the DA wont just drop the charges if it is clearly self defense.
    Here in MO if someone breaks into my home, I have the right to shoot and kill them and walk away as if nothing happened. Just don't invade on my property and you won't get killed!

some interesting news. Well, interesting if you live in Missouri.

Gov. Matt Blunt signed legislation on Tuesday allowing Missourians to fatally shoot intruders without fear of prosecution or lawsuits.

Not all too surprising really. We, in Missouri, like our guns, even when we don’t like them. (I’m referring to our state legislature passing a concealed weapons law allowing people to carry with a permit even though the voters said no).

The measure spells out that people are not required to retreat from an intruder and can use deadly force once the person illegally enters their home, vehicle or other dwelling, including a tent. The bill provides an absolute defense against being charged or sued for using such force.

"Excuse me sir, are you a criminal or a police officer entering my home unannounced. I just wanna make sure before this escalates further"
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    "Excuse me sir, are you a criminal or a police officer entering my home unannounced. I just wanna make sure before this escalates further"
    Would have worked for Pistorius.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    The police should say "Open up! This is the police!". Most perps aren't suicidal nor stupid, they know that if the police is at the door, it's over, no way they can fight their way out, this isn't the movies.

If the police surprise the perp, he may be quicker with the trigger and shoot at whatever or whoever breaks through the door because the first instinct is that he is attacked by other perps, not by the police.

I swear they're setting up these people for bigger charges. Knowing these outcomes, they still conduct these raids. They're not international drug lords. Are officers' lives so trivial?
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2015-07-24 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel no pity nor is his death tragic, these cops are morons. Don't want to die? Bang on the door and make sure they know who you are, if someone busted down my door I also would shoot and kill them without hesitation. This world doesn't need this kind of stupid left breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Not surprising he gets a trial. If he's convicted it will be surprising.

As I understand it, Marvin had been arrested a dozen times before and surrendered peacefully each time the cops identified themselves. He obviously thought he was being attacked by other criminals, something which happens with a lot of frequency in his circle.
    This is the case I I spoke about a few times.

This case is similar to another case where a white guy did the exact same thing (his case isn't going to trial they decided that he was simply defending his home and couldn't have known).

The media portrayed him as a family man with pictures of him and his daughter together.

In this case they just used constant mug shots, and he's up for the possibility of a death penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    That's what the grandjury did in another case that was exactly like this one.

a white man got off in the same exact situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Come the fuck on, don't start this shit.

OT: As tragic as it is, the man had the right to defend his home. He had no knowledge of who was entering it.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    More importantly the media portrayed him in an entirely different way. They both have mug shots, but in the case of the white guy his wasn't shown in the media, the prevailing image was him and his daughter playing and smiling and a bike.

You activated Themius's trap card.

10+ Year Old Account
    He should be acquitted of all charges. This is bullshit, they should have known charging in without warning.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."