Let's Nerf Bomkins again, shall we?

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Balance
    [Hotfix in testing] Starsurge now deals 15% less damage in PvP combat.

I really don't understand this nerf at all, it was the only timed burst bomkin had in pvp along with RNG owlking frenzy procs (and CA/inc).
    Why isen't classes such as assi rogues or DKS getting nerfs who clearly are way more overpowered this season then balance driuds, what is your thoughts on this absurd change?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyshe View Post
    They're the only class that can global me, any nerf that causes them to do less damage is fine by me.
    Are you level 90 or below going up against a level 100 boomkin in full S2/raid gear? Because that's the only realistic scenario where a boomkin is ever going to global you.

10+ Year Old Account
    they.must.be.nerfed
    Too retard class who can oneshot target without any channel cast during 3 gcd. Also I really want ability to sheep them. They are too OP when simply pop all cds with 1 button.
    In my vision any cast that do over 100k damage mustn't be instant. Just never. Pop all cds 2xStarsurges in a row 130k each + 40k from multistrike. And i'm already dead. Dead from 2 instant casts Carl. With 720pvp gear.
    Last edited by Visor; 2015-07-24 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    they.must.be.nerfed
    Too retard class who can oneshot target without any channel cast during 3 gcd. Also I really want ability to sheep them. They are too OP when simply pop all cds with 1 button.
    In my vision any cast that do over 100k damage mustn't be instant. Just never. Pop all cds 2xStarsurges in a row 130k each + 40k from multistrike. And i'm already dead. Dead from 2 instant casts Carl. With 720pvp gear.
    ROFL you clearly havent played and Rogues, Dks, or SP this season have you?
    @OP: its a known fact that everytime owls get competive they nerv them HARD

10+ Year Old Account
    Rerolled boomkin because of how strong they are. While 15% isn't a lot, especially with the %15 healing nerf along side of it, I can still kill someone within a few seconds with procs + 3 starsurges + Multistrikes. Boomkins needed the nerf, but assassination rogues are still a mile ahead in terms of burst, CC and sustained. Locks definitely need a nerf as well...not sure of the reasoning behind %25 damage reduction to haunt, when the problem is the buff to dot damage while casting drain soul.
    Last edited by Vorality; 2015-07-25 at 11:20 PM.

You can still shift out of everything. You don't need to one-shot people too.

Lol any class can cc mookin far better than moonkin woulf ever be able to do it. What i pop cd rogue stuns mr or blinds me and my cds are over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Well, then you obviously didn't catch the tournament they hosted where boomkins were trucking people for 180k+ with a single starsurge. It was nerfed because its potential to be too deadly was high, and it's not like it's hard to pop all your CDs and wait for OF to hit hard, seeing as how it kept happening in every round with a boomkin.

In Bgs it's worse, although be it people are less geared, YouTube compilations have Starsurges LITERALLY 1 shotting people. No move (be it cool down required or not) should 1 shot a person from full HP with a single spell that's one hit, and instant cast time.
    Maybe with no gear on, sitting down so its an auto crit, with All cd's and the BG damage buff, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Maybe with no gear on, sitting down so its an auto crit, with All cd's and the BG damage buff, sure.
    I would also love to see moonkins doing 300-400k singlle shot. I cant do that much with a single shot in raid full buffed.....

I can do that much with a crit when i've got the Tanaan 45% buff and all procs and CDs... but that's hardly a normal situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    You can still shift out of everything. You don't need to one-shot people too.
    Last i looked we could still only shift out of slows and roots. Didn't know all other CC was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I can do that much with a crit when i've got the Tanaan 45% buff and all procs and CDs... but that's hardly a normal situation.
    Well Dk can kill me with 2 hits and rogue can stun me, pop CDs and ill be dead in 3 sec ( same amount of time SS needs to travel to hit someone ) if he has all the Tanaan buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    they.must.be.nerfed
    ...Who is Carl? I don't think boomkin are the "too retard class" though. Maybe Carl does, but I'd have to disagree.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    @OP: its a known fact that everytime owls get competive they nerf them HARD
    I've been playing a boom for every single xpac this game has ever seen, and this is absolutely true. "Oh we can't have any PvP imbalance" but they can let Ret Pallies kill people in a single stun for an entire xpac before "fixing" the issue. Blizz has always been very selective in who gets to be OP and who doesn't, and it has absolutely nothing to do with actual PvP balance.

SO how many times has balance been nerfed in WoD now? Ive lost count.

One of the least played spec's (especially in PvP) receiving some of the most nerfs.

I agree 3 100k Starsurge are too much but all in all the spec is weak, too weak.

97 boomi in top 5k
    243 feral in top 5k
    282 resto in top 5k
    474 warlock in top 5k
    395 rogue in top 5k
    585 mages in top 5k

just windwalker are weaker than boomi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    Rerolled boomkin because of how strong they are. While 15% isn't a lot, especially with the %15 healing nerf along side of it, I can still kill someone within a few seconds with procs + 3 starsurges + Multistrikes. Boomkins needed the nerf, but assassination rogues are still a mile ahead in terms of burst, CC and sustained. Locks definitely need a nerf as well...not sure of the reasoning behind %25 damage reduction to haunt, when the problem is the buff the game to dot damage with drain soul.
    Haunt itself does a ton of dmg too (the initial dmg of the spell itself)

They don't want people losing/winning in a few globals due to RNGesus. It's a "greater good" change, so get over it.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

as an ele shaman i can just walk in this thread and be like, lol bitch please *lays down trump card*

they.must.be.nerfed
    Too retard class who can oneshot target without any channel cast during 3 gcd. Also I really want ability to sheep them.
    One shot in 3 GCDs is not a one shot.. That is a 3 shot rofl. Warrior MS is instant cast, and hits harder than starsurge.

Deleted
    they.must.be.nerfed
    Mages should keep their mouth shut in any situation in WoW Thanks