Poll: Which ones?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What playable races' lore do you think needs the most attention next expansion?

I assume that orcs will be the top of the polls.

Gnomes >>>>>>>>>>> Everyone else.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    I assume that orcs will be the top of the polls.
    You start with a good title that could foster an interesting and productive discussion...

and then you shit post.

And this kind of shit is why forums stay the way they are.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Also, if anyone has the power to make the blood elf not sound like it's Count Dracula saying it, that'd be lovely! Or just keep it up, perpetually making an ass of myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone save humans, orcs, draenei, and pandas

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, i don't know if Gilneas is still in the Alliance any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the time I started clicking all the races that seriously needed up-to-date, post-Cataclysm lore, I realized that list summed up to "Everything but humans, draenei, orcs, pandaren, and trolls."
    Last edited by Thage; 2015-07-24 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Missed a spot.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Man, i don't know if Gilneas is still in the Alliance any more.
    It must be, because Sylvanas talked about wanting to take it from us.

I'd like to see Gnomes and Tauren fleshed out a bit more. Dwarves could use the spotlight for a bit as well to clear up some of the things begun in prior expansions. Trolls might be interesting if it's about the horde trolls, and not just more ancient faction drama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people really chose orcs/pandaren!!
    By the way, dwarven.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    EVERYONE except:

* Human
    * Orc
    * Draenei
    * Pandaren
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Gnome deserves a lot.

Tauren wise most of what happened with them happened in books and not the game. Like the death of Cairne, Grimtotem's attempting to take over, Baine warning Jaina, etc.

Gobline is another, besides the antics of some quests involving them blowing something up and their starting zone that's about it. The Worgen can fall under this as well.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty much everyone except humans, orcs and maybe nightelfs to a degree
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    It must be, because Sylvanas talked about wanting to take it from us.
    And Varian said he wants to cleanse and rebuild it. The question is when. Genn is on vacation in Stormwind for god knows how long know. As a Worgen player i'm sick of only having a damn ugly tree in Darnassus after so many years.
    It's not just Gilneas though - other races suffer for some attention as well, like Gnomes for example.

Worgen
    Tauren
    Goblin
    Night Elf

Not necessarily in that order. The races added during Cata seemed entirely washed over though. Goblins and Worgen were like token additions at best, no where near the development that Draenei, Blood Elves, or Pandaren got.
    ( ; , , ; )

Gnomes > Worgen > Goblin > Tauren

Gnomes desperately need development, as in direly. As far as their lore goes nothing has changed since Vanilla with the exception they tried and failed to retake Gnomeregan. Every other race has, in some way or another, moved on since Vanilla in a positive manner. Either they've adapted new techniques, technologies or they've simply been given room to grow. Gnomes havn't at all.

Worgen's wouldn't need this as much if Blizzard didn't end the Worgen storyline in the revamped Silverpine questlines which was only available to Horde players. As it stands, Worgen havn't done anything, havn't been seen doing anything and had content cut from WoD because, presumably, it wasn't Orcish enough. Jokes aside, they're almost as bad off as Gnomes, the only difference being that they were added later and thus havn't been given the chance to have more lore developed.

Goblins had some development in the form of Blackfuse Company. Not alot, but it's more than Worgen have had and while it hadn't furthered the Bilgewater Goblins, it has given Goblins overall some modicum of lore development. Having said that, besides the inclusion of the Blackfuse Company Goblins have had almost no additional development since their introduction in Cata, much like the Worgen. But hey, at least you saw your story continue in Azshara.

Tauren have had development by merit of the Taunka and Yaungol being former Tauren who've evolved to survive in harsher conditions. That said, the Taunka only provided token development as they weren't folded into the Tauren or the Horde outside of Northrend and the Yaungol havn't been approached. As far as needing lore, they're in a similar situation to the Gnomes in that nothing major has happened for them outside of the radical development of Sunwalkers (Out of the blue anyway) as a full tribe. The framework is there but it hasn't been used.

Special mention: MU Draenei still suffer, hopefully they integrate some of the technological advancements of the AU Draenei, otherwise they'll also need some more development. Every other race had developed somewhat reasonable, although obviously not to the extend of Humans and Orcs.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2015-07-24 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Gnomes >>>>>>>>>>> Everyone else.
    /10characters

Gnomes need something,jokes aside, where would the alliance be if not for gnomes.

Any and all tauren lore will be handled in a novel where their primary role will be getting killed for the benefit of someone else's character development.

Checks for option *none*. Doesn't find it. Moves away.