Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    http://websitesetup.org/

Here, you can make you own website if you dont like what's posted here
    I really wish there was a like button here. I would like this over and over. I'm more tired of people complaining about the Ghostcrawler posts than I am the ones complaining about PVP.

RNG stats on pvp gear, I don't pvp but man that would make me quit it in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    http://websitesetup.org/

Here, you can make you own website if you dont like what's posted here
    I never said that smartass. This is a WORLD OF WARCRAFT BASED SITE! Is the running team of the site really lacking that much content that FRONT PAGE/IMPORTANT NEWS is crap tweets from an EX-dev who works for another company and another random game?

C'MON!

Quote Originally Posted by DoomedDiceThrower View Post
    "I am exaggerating slightly here, but I get the feeling sometimes that some players would prefer developers to be sacrificing everything just to pour their soul into a game, that somehow the design is more pure and therefore better that way. In reality, that doesn't happen. World-class artists and hot-shot engineers kind of want to feed their families."

Okay, this has to be accepted. Still I kinda want to nail down the expectations that I want to have of WoW to something more specific. I'd like to see the question if he thinks that the amount of content that we had in Wrath of the Lich King is appropriate to be expected as a customer for future expansions. Not exactly the same features, I don't expect new classes, but more looking at the amount of big zones, the immense capital, number of raids, dungeons, battlefront, that sorta thing.

It's just a question of "they did it before, why couldn't they do it again?"
    You'll never get a straight answer to that. One, he's no longer there, so he doesn't know what's going on, and two, if he wants to keep working in the game industry, he's not going to divulge information like that. You just don't do it. That's high level policy/decision making - he may not even have been privy to that kind of decision making when he was there, just the effects, like "You get 75% of the budget you got last time - make it count." No WAY he talks about that in public.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by QuinthalasKT View Post
    I never said that smartass. This is a WORLD OF WARCRAFT BASED SITE! Is the running team of the site really lacking that much content that FRONT PAGE/IMPORTANT NEWS is crap tweets from an EX-dev who works for another company and another random game?

C'MON!
    Is this really worth getting this upset about?

A couple weeks ago, I got really pissed about something here. So I walked away, and realized - it doesn't matter. It's a video game, and a website about a video game. It doesn't matter.

Just chill out, and don't read the GC stuff. There. Problem solved. No go find something entertaining to read - you have the entire internet to do that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    not trying to beat a dead horse but pvp really seems like a mess this expansion. seems like every week theyre changing, hotfixing or reverting something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyranthian View Post
    Why would they want to do it again? Can you imagine how much flack they would cop if for the first tier of raiding next expansion they just scaled up and re-used an existing raid? They would be utterly crucified for it, and quite rightly so. And Trial of the Crusader? That was barely a raid, they put more effort into 5 man instances these days than went into that raid.

Not to mention there was absolutely nothing to do at level 80 outside of raiding, wintergrasp, and riding around in circles around Dalaran. They're already getting dragged over the coals for how theres 'nothing' to do currently at level 100 outside of raiding, but theres far, far more max level content these days than there ever was in Wrath days. Take off the rose coloured glasses for a second and try and get some perspective.
    Nothing to do, in Wrath? LOL. That's a good one. I was constantly busy in wrath, with my main and alt. There was easily twice the amount of quest content alone - I did some poking around on WoWhead last year, Wrath had around 1400 quests PER FACTION in Wrath, WoD has around 700 - for the same number of levels. I did loremaster on several alts, and did all of the quests up to the final Icecrown ones, and it was a LOT of content. Then, you had dungeons to run, then heroics, there was Wintergrasp, the pvp ladder was very active (and yeah, win trading), professions were in an excellent place, fishing was compelling finally with the turtle mount and reps, there were tons of rep to run with good rewards, there were heirlooms to get tokens for, there was the Argent Tournament, there were mounts to craft, there were silly fun things like coins in the Dalaran fountain, fishing dailies, the books in Dalaran, grinding gold for flying, looking for the Time Lost Proto Drake or trying to get the Polar Bear mount, and that's just off the top of my head. Oh, yeah, raid Weeklies.

Nothing to do at 80? Are you insane? Wrath had more content in every area of the game than any other expansion, only topped by the original release. In many ways, Wrath was the perfect expansion, and it's record number of subs reflect that. I'd resub in a heartbeat, even buy a year pass, if a Wrath like expansion was announced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    As someone who only pve's and has never pvp'd, and generally ignores all the pvp stuff posted. From the outside looking in it looks like whoever is in charge of pvp this expansion is a fucking twat and has no clue what they're doing. All these constant changes, it looks like amateur hour. This ashran place sounds like a mess.
    Ashran was a repeat of AV. They don't seem to learn down there in Irvine. The players posted about the problems with Ashran at length during the beta, and were ignored - and like AV, they were forced to tweak, change, remove and water down the place until it's avoided, because they don't do revision very well. AV just needed the bridge changed - but instead they gutted it. This is the final nail in the Ashran coffin, it's a failure, and Holinka should by rights be polishing up his resume, but Blizzard seems to give second and third and fourth and fifth chances. I called out Holinka as a dick early on in WOD, because he was extremely arrogant about his creation, and it's been hilarious to watch him get more meek and apologetic for it as time has gone by. Creating this kind of content is clearly over his head, and they need to bring back the Wintergrasp designer if they want to do large PvP zones again. Maybe working under someone who is good at large scale pvp is what he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    As someone who only pve's and has never pvp'd, and generally ignores all the pvp stuff posted. From the outside looking in it looks like whoever is in charge of pvp this expansion is a fucking twat and has no clue what they're doing. All these constant changes, it looks like amateur hour. This ashran place sounds like a mess.
    This has been my take on PVP in WoD as well. I'm a raid-first player but in the past I've always dipped into PVP when I started to get burned out on PVE content. I have a lot of good memories of doing BGs in Vanilla through WotLK. It's tough that all of the eggs for PVP this expansion went into the Ashran basket because I've given it a few tries and it is just not something that I enjoy playing, especially now that they've removed the option for joining as a raid.

Well, I can live with that but I'm also frustrated at the constant tuning/nerfing of classes at the altar of PVP when it has pretty major repercussions for PVE as well. The current combination of PVP being a mess and classes being shafted in PVE because of PVP tuning seems like a pretty bad one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by QuinthalasKT View Post

C'MON!
    Is it? Holy crap! I just read the FF14 topic...blasphemy! Don`t give up, not too late to learn read and understand short and simple words and sentences, like mmo-champion (mmo means massively multiplayer online) but i give you another hint: recently lot of videos was on the front page about Overwatch which is not even mmo....or rpg....or Hearthstone which is not any of these either. So what? I admit, the main profile is the Blizz ***licking (like posting stupid and unreasonable informations about how many player did something unimportant in the WoW No wonder on Alexa the popularity of this site went down by 1100)

Hm... people call WOTLK the best expansion but the best expansion in MY mind, going by amount of content at release, patch releases and content, raids and stuff to do outside of raids (Isle of Thunder anyone?) it was MILES ahead of WOTLK. The thing I liked better about WOTLK, apart from being a newb in that expansion, was the one main villain throughout (scared the shit out of me near Utgarde Keep where he kills you) and that it had 2 starting zones to choose between instead of 1.

The thing that dragged back MoP grades was the 14 month long wait, BUT...I had more fun and more stuff to do across characters that felt fun and engaging through those 14 months than I've had so far in WoD...I miss Isle of Thunder especially...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Is it? Holy crap! I just read the FF14 topic...blasphemy! Don`t give up, not too late to learn read and understand short and simple words and sentences, like mmo-champion (mmo means massively multiplayer online) but i give you another hint: recently lot of videos was on the front page about Overwatch which is not even mmo....or rpg....or Hearthstone which is not any of these either. So what? I admit, the main profile is the Blizz ***licking (like posting stupid and unreasonable informations about how many player did something unimportant in the WoW No wonder on Alexa the popularity of this site went down by 1100)
    Could make a lot of delicious salted caramel ice cream to sell with all that salt of yours.

I just came here to say fuck that Fizzlebang card. That is all.

"-Do you still play World of Warcraft?
    -I haven't since I left Blizzard. "

this is the best sum up that WoD could get - game is in such a shit state that dude who spend years on his life developing it doesnt have interest in it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

this is the best sum up that WoD could get - game is in such a shit state that dude who spend years on his life developing it doesnt have interest in it anymore.
    Or perhaps he's so busy being a game developer for another company that requires him to know every single thing about that other game?

7+ Year Old Account
    Awww Fizzlebang doesn't summon Jaraxxus on death or something? haha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Or perhaps he's so busy being a game developer for another company that requires him to know every single thing about that other game?
    If you like beer you will not put it away forever for some vodka...

Quote Originally Posted by Novellen View Post
    If you like beer you will not put it away forever for some vodka...
    I worked at a pizza place right after college. I LOVE pizza, had it every day. After a year...I stopped eating pizza. Sick of it. But often it was all that there was to eat there. When i left, after 3 years (awesome job, I made assistant manager, and this wasn't a Dominos, it was a local family/sports place), I couldn't eat pizza again for a long time.

I could only imagine the WoW burnout when you talk about it all day for several years, play it at work and at home for several years - and can't quit because it's your job.

Yeah, be shocked he doesn't play, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

You had enough time to quote that, but not to read the very next sentence?

"I haven't since I left Blizzard. That has zero to do with the game itself and more to do with my relationship with it."

But yeah, go on convincing yourself that he shares your point of view, and that his not playing is a direct reflection of all the flaws that you have seen in WoD that he hasn't even experienced yet. Makes perfect sense.