H Socrethar Eternal

Hello MMO-C!

I am here requesting some advice/help. My guild is currently making attempts on Socrethar and having a few issues. We've been tweaking trying to do it in 1 phase preferably but sometimes having to push to two and still not able to kill it.

My questions are pretty simple.

Construct: How many fire trails from blue should he do? Right now we are doing 1 and stacking a second kind of overlapping then letting the two warlocks and myself starfalling to finish them off.

All: Should we be swapping and burning the shadowcallers as they come out cause the "Cleave" is not doing well enough we get 2-3 up sometimes and have to focus them harder.

Where is the best way to stand so we don't get jacked by gifts and where should the gifts go after they get it so they dont fuck the raid up.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RCgaAdrJ1qzPYHXD

I've attached the logs for the night if anyone can offer advice I'd greatly appreciate it.

~Torzha

The fight is really all about the construct pilot and maximizing its damage on the boss and dominators while keeping ghosts under control.

1: We usually tank the boss in the middle and do two fire trails. In the second soul phase we try to keep all spirits prisoned and just burn the boss.

2: We've never swapped to the shadowcallers, death knights grip them in and they melt fairly quickly to cleave. If you don't have death grip you might want to switch a little but mainly make sure they get interrupted and into melee quickly.

3: Gifts go behind the raid in relation to the haunting spirit portal so that ghosts run directly at the raid in the centre.

4: Trying to do it in one soul phase just makes the fight harder for little benefit. After 2-3 dominators (depending on healing) just intentionally phase it back to phase 1, let gifts fall off clean up adds and do it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKUsJvxhS0U I did a little text guide to the fight with a video, maybe it'll help.

There is nothing wrong with doing it in two phases. Doing it in a single phase is pretty brutal, and from what I can tell, you guys have nowhere near the necessary DPS for it. Just do it in 2, there's nothing wrong with that. Get Socrethar below 50% and then just let him freecast and end the phase, then repeat, don't sweat it.

1) We try to get 2 fire trails sort of overlapping. Its more about a wide lane to slow ghosts than the damage on them. This is 99% an execution and control fight.

2) If you have more than one shadowcaller up then imo focus them. The damage they deal can become excessive once they have a few dots up and freecast volleys

3) The people that have the gift should (if possible) stand in a straight line behind the boss so the ghosts still run over the fire trail.

Like the others said, doing it in one phase is nice but in reality it can make the fight harder. As long as you transition from P2 > P1 in a controlled and clean manner you're good.

Push three dominators in the first P2, clean up adds, push to the finish with next P2.

Fight is really simple once people know what to expect. Trying to push it in one P2 now gets you buttfucked with Gift if you take too long to kill him.

Your construct person is bad. He needs to make sure hes only running out to put a new line between slams. He isn't using slam on CD on the boss. Shit does over 2m a use. He should only put 3 total lines per portal swap. Otherwise slam/melee boss all fight and use the 2(the orb) on the ghosts. You don't stop meleeing the boss even if you untarget him. You can use it on the ghosts to help dmg them more.

go for one robot phase, expect two.

We usually get the spirit to 20-30% on the first go. Once the first phase begins again everyone switches to clean the remaining adds and just rinse and repeat. Our resident dk usually spends most of the time getting the casters in to melee range with grips strangulates etc.

The main Issue during progression was basically where the gift people stood because it would effect the ghosts.

I usually ride the robot and at the start of the phase make one line going from few yards in front of the ghost portal to the raid and then wait one or two ghost waves before making another one. Always prioritizing the dominator before doing so though. Usually end up using 3 lines, one to start the carpet, one to make it wider, and one to replace the first one.

Also as mentioned. You need to quickly get the robot to auto attack again after moving by right clicking the boss or dominator as well as keeping the slam on cd, you can try to delay it for the dominator but not too long.

If you know you're going to get two phase 2s, play for it. We get out of the first phase 2 before the third Dominator, so there's only two sets of Gift. We get the soul to something like 60% in that time, while taking it easy and dealing with all the other adds as a fairly high priority. Then in the second phase 2 we prison the souls instead of killing them, hero and go ham on the boss.