Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Understanding Empty Drinking Horn

Hi, a fellow fury warrior in my guild and I recently picked up the Empty Drinking Horn, this is nice and all.

However, his Fel Burn does a lot more damage than mine does and I started wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Looking at our last Tyrant kill, his fel burn peaked at 10k+ dmg while mine barely gets above 5k.

Here's the logs

And another fromt he same fight

And for good meassure, here's his armory and mine

So, what's going on? My initital idea was that it's because he has the cleave trinket, but is it really that simple?

Deleted
    Just a wild guess, but could it be Fury mastery (increases damage done when enraged) affecting EDH?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    Hi, a fellow fury warrior in my guild and I recently picked up the Empty Drinking Horn, this is nice and all.

However, his Fel Burn does a lot more damage than mine does and I started wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Looking at our last Tyrant kill, his fel burn peaked at 10k+ dmg while mine barely gets above 5k.

Here's the logs

And another fromt he same fight

And for good meassure, here's his armory and mine

So, what's going on? My initital idea was that it's because he has the cleave trinket, but is it really that simple?
    His fel burn ticks had 29% crit yours had like 6% so that should account for the dps right?

That would be further amplified during tyrant burn.

Deleted
    My Last Tyrant HC kill - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=22

Final phase amplifies the damage insanely.

Deleted
    His crit chance is much higher, thus the average damage from his trinket is higher than yours. Our mastery doesn't apply to the trinket, so yeah.
    You're doing nothing wrong.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I linked Zakuun instead of Tyrant. Anyway, thanks for the answers guys.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    My answer for crit pertained to the percentages on fel lord and I referenced tyrant burn phase for the drastic doubling of damage over yours.

Reading is hard.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    As the links to the logs has nothing to do with tyrant, her burn phase is irrelevant.
    But I simply forgot that he pops avatar, recklesness etc during prepot, allowing him to reach 10k damage tick on the burn. While all I have is Pillar of Frost

Good work Blizzard, a trinket which scales with crit but nothing else. How fair is that? :/

Quote Originally Posted by usernr333 View Post
    Good work Blizzard, a trinket which scales with crit but nothing else. How fair is that? :/
    Perfectly fair? God forbid we have items that work differently for different classes/specs instead of Trinket1 and Trinket2 being BiS for everyone.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Trinket1 and Trinket2 being BiS for everyone.
    so nothing changed?

EDH can crit and multistrike. Also benefits indirectly from haste due to faster swing timers ad possibly more abilities. But thats not the point in this case. I'm not sure if fury can stack edh faster than a dk but it scales with fury mastery as it increases all damage done which is kind a huge chunk of damage. Other damage modieifers also play a role but for instance unholy has the t18 4set which also increases all damage done which is with that also affecting trinkets like EDH or DC.

If I remember correctly DC does trigger edh but since the stack limit got lowered considerably and the impact isn't too big thats a very very minor thing. Its really the fury mastery that is making the huge difference for edh.

The trinket is pretty insane for fury warriors. Pre-nerf I think it was around 20% of overall damage for fury if not more? Its a bit silly for sure but what in the end matters are overall numbers and if they're close I rather wouldn't have a huge chunk of my damage bound to a single item.

Both fury and ret benefit more from the trinket than us dks but its never the less a great trinket for us and also ofcourse BiS. Its not the first time that certain procs are especially useful for certain specs. Just like Gur'thalak benefitted from unholy mastery and arms warrior could spawn a bazillion tentcales due to them being able to genenrate insane amount of chances to proc it.
    I also doubt it will be the last time we see such interactions with some items, especially after they went and nerfed the trinkets instead of changing some interactions to make it more "fair" overall and adjust overall trinket strength after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    If I remember correctly DC does trigger edh but since the stack limit got lowered considerably and the impact isn't too big thats a very very minor thing. Its really the fury mastery that is making the huge difference for edh.
    It doesn't trigger it, which is odd since it's a physical attack and would make a cool trinket synergy there.

First try to imagine yourself as an empty vessel sitting in Gul'dan's cupboard for god knows how long, then he plunges you into a cauldron full of green snot. You never believed you would have to contain something so vile but you know what, fuck it, your a Drinking Horn and all you want is to be full of something for someone to imbibe and Gul'dan's dinner parties are few and far between and you have no idea when you will see use again. Then Gul'dan offers you to his meat head/roider guest but rather than drinking from you he spills your contents all over the floor and callously discards you as if you had something to do with the nasty shit you were just holding. You are shocked....broken, you thought you were about to fulfil your purpose in life and now it looks like you never will.

Month's go by and eventually Gul'dan has a new dinner party, once more your filled with the vilest substance your limited Drinking Horn imagination could ever conjure and your offered once more to Gul'dan's guest. The tension is palpable, it ended so badly last time....can you really afford to get hurt so badly again? But then joy, elation! This guest is actually drinking from you! You have never been so happy. Only the dream becomes a nightmare as you get passed round Orc after Orc, being filled then emptied again and again until the thought of being filled once more sickens you.

No more are you a Drinking Horn awaiting fulfilment, you can't bare the thought of holding another liquid in your life and thus swear to become an Empty Drinking Horn. Not the Drinking Horn Draenor wants but the Empty Drinking Horn Draenor deserves.

To understand the Empty Drinking Horn I think we need to deal with all the rage, self loathing, anger and abandonment issues first before we ever get to know the real Empty Drinking Horn.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2015-07-26 at 01:05 AM.

You sir, need a prize.

What the hell did I just read

I'm mildly disturbed, yet it was amazing.