Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Oh like you weren't going to find a way to blame the US.

How about how Stalin encouraged Russian immigration to Crimea and the Ukraine so that those countries now have large groups of ethnic Russians who are very pro-Russia.
    Both of you are shallow nationalists whose respective countries should stay the fuck out of other nations. Stop arguing with each other, you are the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Shackler will always claim it's no problem, whatever we're talking about regarding Russia, forever. He's like the OT's Arch-Russian Spinmaster in this regard. He can be reliably predicted to do so. Russia has a long and miserable (hilarious to the rest of us) history of... how shall we say... turning a lemon into not just lemonade, but a 4 star, 7 course meal topped off by a $500 bottle of win. It's miserable because it is of course, not actually true and not actually the way it is. It's hilarious to the rest of us because they *somehow* think putting on a brave show actually works this day in age (or ever even) and that the rest of us believe it. In truth our response is more along the lines of "oh this shit again?"

Just keep in mind whenever Shackler writes, he is the guy who said Russia's perhaps world-leading epidemic of corruption (certainly among developed countries) was perfectly acceptable because it's just a side effect of behavior that benefits the state. How nutty... how pathological... how funny is that? I've read some things in my time on the interwebs.... that comment was near the top of the beyond the believable.

He excused that. He'll excuse anything. The funny part is, all those little pieces of bullshit is what caught up with Russia last time they fell hard. Shackler and his kind of Russian are just setting their own country up for a repeat performance. And they don't even see it like that. As ever, Russia's worst enemy is in fact, Russians such as this.
    Pretty sure he's one of the workers of those propaganda troll factories.

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2015-07-26 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffa1 View Post
    Shalcker claiming it is no problem he apparently doesn't know how slim the profit margin in retail is -,-
    Especially grocery.
    Well, i went to check a few names and apparently for "Magnit" retail chain net profit margin was 4.33% for first quarter; and they got about 28.7% net profit growth in first half of 2015 YTY.

Certainly doesn't seem to be anywhere close to "endangered" by shoplifting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanithil View Post
    Both of you are shallow nationalists whose respective countries should stay the fuck out of other nations. Stop arguing with each other, you are the same.
    So everyone who lives in the USA or Russia is shallow nationalist? Ugh...
    Where are you from again? I want to see what labels I can attach to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    15,9 million dollars? That actually sounds like a very small amount considering the size of the country.
    So what's the subject of this thread?

"Shoplifting soars..."

We're quoted a ridiculously low number to show shoplifting has soared.

- If the number is true, then shoplifting in Russia is almost non-existent.
    - If the number is false, then this thread is baseless.

Poverty causes crime? Who would have thunk it.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Well, i went to check a few names and apparently for "Magnit" retail chain net profit margin was 4.33% for first quarter; and they got about 28.7% net profit growth in first half of 2015 YTY.

Certainly doesn't seem to be anywhere close to "endangered" by shoplifting.
    "just 1-1.5% of total revenues for retail"
    "net profit margin was 4.33%"

We have to logically conclude that theft is a major problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Russian spotted.
    No no, its not official unless you swear on putin that troops don't exist in Ukraine and gays are coming for your children.

"just 1-1.5% of total revenues for retail"
    "net profit margin was 4.33%"

We have to logically conclude that theft is a major problem.
    That's top estimates with unknown methodology behind them.

And even if you assume they are true then their "real" profits are even higher, because if they suffer from shoplifting those losses are already part of calculation.

Looking at Google results in 2012 Finland they had 2.1% of sales as net profit - so Russian retail is quite a bit more profitable.

Is it problem? Yes, it's problem everywhere.
    Is it major problem? No, headline used for this thread is most likely due to better reporting (because they prefer to turn to police rather then deal with them using shop security like before - they got burned with several media stories unfavourable toward retail chains) rather then actual increase of shoplifting.

Most of it is also concentrated in Moscow, which is like "Breaking News: Shoplifting on the rise in US! Most of shoplifting is happening in Washington, DC!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Any time anything shows up as negative against Russia, a wild Shalcker appears! Haven't decided yet whether Russians or Texans are more blindly patriotic even when facts at every turn contradict their views (ie; opinions)...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Shackler will always claim it's no problem, whatever we're talking about regarding Russia, forever. He's like the OT's Arch-Russian Spinmaster in this regard. He can be reliably predicted to do so. Russia has a long and miserable (hilarious to the rest of us) history of... how shall we say... turning a lemon into not just lemonade, but a 4 star, 7 course meal topped off by a $500 bottle of win. It's miserable because it is of course, not actually true and not actually the way it is. It's hilarious to the rest of us because they *somehow* think putting on a brave show actually works this day in age (or ever even) and that the rest of us believe it. In truth our response is more along the lines of "oh this shit again?"

Just keep in mind whenever Shackler writes, he is the guy who said Russia's perhaps world-leading epidemic of corruption (certainly among developed countries) was perfectly acceptable because it's just a side effect of behavior that benefits the state. How nutty... how pathological... how funny is that? I've read some things in my time on the interwebs.... that comment was near the top of the beyond the believable.

He excused that. He'll excuse anything. The funny part is, all those little pieces of bullshit is what caught up with Russia last time they fell hard. Shackler and his kind of Russian are just setting their own country up for a repeat performance. And they don't even see it like that. As ever, Russia's worst enemy is in fact, Russians such as this.

Infracted - please post constructively
    What he said, infractions be damned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11759336/Shoplifting-in-Russia-is-soaring-as-the-economy-crumbles.html

"The paper quoted experts saying that the official figures are "just the tip of the iceberg" as they only include cases of shoplifting that were reported to the police, and shops might choose not to admit the full scale of their losses.The actual level of theft could be as high as 2 trillion rubles (£22.3bn)."
    Quoting myself as people seem to have missed reading that, which explains the low number of 15,9 million.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    That's top estimates with unknown methodology behind them.
    You accepted the number can't revoke it now that you caught up how dire that looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Oh like you weren't going to find a way to blame the US.

How about how Stalin encouraged Russian immigration to Crimea and the Ukraine so that those countries now have large groups of ethnic Russians who are very pro-Russia.
    Um Russia annexed it in 1783, so there have been ethnic Russians there for awhile. That said, very few countries can ever say they are blameless in world politics. I like the U.S., but I am not gonna give a pass to my country for it's many failings. Using known fascists, terrorist groups (whether already existing or created (School of the Americas) and oppressive regimes to achieve it's goals, makes the U.S. government very hypocritical and no better than it what it claims to be fighting against. So if you wanna wrap yourself the flag go ahead.

You accepted the number can't revoke it now that you caught up how dire that looks.
    How dire exactly? Can you quantify it for me and compare with something like Germany or Finland according to size of their retail profits?

To me as long as they still get profits they are doing fine. "Dire" would be if this laughable "increase" would put them into red.

15+ Year Old Account
    People do what leaders do, it consistent at least.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Lol this started as a shoplifting in russia thread but turned into a russian apologist nothing is wrong in russia the US is to blame thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.