Deleted

Paypal dispute. Please help

Hello, so I sold an virtual account about 10-15 days ago and now a buyer filed a dispute. O got this message from Paypal this morning "The buyer has filed a claim stating this transaction was made without the account holder's knowledge or consent of transacted in error". The fact is, that he sent the money for friends and family. What should I respond to Paypal ?
    By the way, I see that in the case is written "Unauthorized Claim" so is it possible that Paypal will close this case without my explanation ?

Call them, they have an 800 number. The reps are very good in my experience.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    You identify with blizzard and reclaim the account the end.

Deleted
    I'm not from US so it's quite complicated to call them. I'm pretty sure this would be impossible to reclaim the account.

Selling accounts is almost always explicitly against ToS, so you real what you sow.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Nothing you can really do... I have lost out on some $1700 in the past in total because of this.

Intangible goods are not covered.

Deleted
    What if I would say he paid for a debt? or something else?
    Last edited by mmoc4abbceb8db; 2015-07-25 at 03:35 PM.

He's trying to scam you, it's common practice with things like this. He believes that since selling the account is against the rules you won't be able to do anything about it without outing yourself. Paypal will usually return the payment to him no matter what you do.

However, since you are the official owner of the account you should be able to contact Blizzard(?) and claim your account was 'hacked' or something and have the pasword reset (you'll need proof of ownership).

Paypal will not accept correspondence from you about this, there's no point trying to contact them. You must contact whatever company/service the account is for and have them return it to you.

You could also try contacting the buyer and see if he responds.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2015-07-25 at 03:43 PM.

if your selling virtual anything, always better to use bitcoin or WU...paypal will pretty much always find in favor of whoever lost actual currency or items. Gold/accounts/skins/whatever aern't real to them.
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Deleted
    Paypal won't help you.

You're best chance is Blizzard. Just tell them you've been hacked, don't mention the fact that you tried to sell the account. If emailing doesn't work, then a phonecall works everytime.

Deleted
    ok,thanks.