Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Nature can be equally cruel to humans, doesn't mean human suffering is insignificant either.
    of course it isn't

Humans > Animals

I guess when it comes down to it a lot of people simply treat animals too much like they'd treat a fellow human

Meat is meat if it's cooked right. I wouldn't exactly want to eat a dog or cat, but I do eat chicken, beef, and seafood, a lot of it does come down to perception, like said above, dogs and cats were bred for companionship or protection, chickens, cows and pigs for food, but it's not the same in every culture. It's been in the news a few times down in South Florida that some peoples pet horses had been butchered because horse meat is a delicacy in some Central/South American cultures, it's a bit disgusting to me, but again I have a different perception of horses than someone else might.

If the country (US) collapsed tomorrow like some apocalyptic movie and we had to actually put effort into foods, I'd still eat birds and fish, but I'm not sure I'd have it in me to kill a roaming cow or a deer. I actually think there needs to be a push to start introducing insects into more Western diets.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    of course it isn't

Humans > Animals

I guess when it comes down to it a lot of people simply treat animals too much like they'd treat a fellow human
    Or a lot of people treat animal like shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phayde View Post
    Meat is meat if it's cooked right. I wouldn't exactly want to eat a dog or cat, but I do eat chicken, beef, and seafood, a lot of it does come down to perception, like said above, dogs and cats were bred for companionship or protection, chickens, cows and pigs for food, but it's not the same in every culture. It's been in the news a few times down in South Florida that some peoples pet horses had been butchered because horse meat is a delicacy in some Central/South American cultures, it's a bit disgusting to me, but again I have a different perception of horses than someone else might.
    Add Europe to that. No clue about all countries but super common around here to find at butcher or supermarket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    I don't really see it to be something that is as horrible as people portray it to be. Many want people who hurt animals to be put in prison for the same amount of time as people who hurt humans get. That's disproportionate.
    The pinnacle of all creation right here ladies and gentlemen. No wonder the world is so fucked up when we have people like this walking around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Athelstan123 View Post
    The pinnacle of all creation right here ladies and gentlemen. No wonder the world is so fucked up when we have people like this walking around.
    Sorry for valuing humans more. Ofc I should save the cat instead of a baby, if there's a fire in a house and I can save only one.

Deleted
    How so? Are you saying slitting the throat of some animal is as bad as slitting the throat of a human?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nature can be equally cruel to humans, doesn't mean human suffering is insignificant either.
    It actually is, if you think about it and look around.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Sorry for valuing humans more. Ofc I should save the cat instead of a baby, if there's a fire in a house and I can save only one.
    No no no! You should clearly rescue the 2 spiders that you can save both at once!

Whales are endangered and protected.

Livestock is grown for the single purpose of human use and consumption.

If we had whale/dog farms then it would be ok. Not sure why you compare the two in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    The strawman is real.

Deleted
    What makes humans so valuable to be saved in the first place apart from the fact that you are related to them as a species.

- - - Updated - - -

How so? Are you saying slitting the throat of some animal is as bad as slitting the throat of a human?
    They are just as bad as each other. Why is one good and the other bad?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    This part is why, and the latter is irrelevant. What are you 5?
    Because I don't share your opinion I'm a child?

15+ Year Old Account
    of course it isn't

Humans > Animals

But why is "nature is cruel" an argument to treat animals cruelly, but not humans? If you believe it is morally wrong to inflict unnecessary pain on another human, what is your moral justification for why it's acceptable to do so to an animal like a dog or a pig, who also feel pain and fear? I'm not saying it's not possible to justify (you could just assign arbitrary value to humans or base it on intelligence or self-interest), but I'm curious what your reasoning is.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes humans so valuable to be saved in the first place apart from the fact that you are related to them as a species.
    What makes gold valuable apart from it being considered valuable?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

They are just as bad as each other. Why is one good and the other bad?
    well for a plethoria of reasons! but most importantly

I don't give a fuck about some stupid animal, but I care about my fellow men.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Whales are endangered and protected.

Livestock is grown for the single purpose of human use and consumption.

If we had whale/dog farms then it would be ok. Not sure why you compare the two in the first place.
    This, kind of. The same people saying other people are hypocrites for eating cow/pigs think it's fine to slaugther animals as painfully as possible.

But why is "nature is cruel" an argument to treat animals cruelly, but not humans? If you believe it is morally wrong to inflict unnecessary pain on another human, what is your moral justification for why it's acceptable to do so to an animal like a dog or a pig, who also feel pain and fear? I'm not saying it's not possible to justify (you could just assign arbitrary value to humans or base it on intelligence or self-interest), but I'm curious what your reasoning is.
    Because narrow-minded arrogant hypocrisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    well for a plethoria of reasons! but most importantly

I don't give a fuck about some stupid animal, but I care about my fellow men.
    Why don't you care about both? It's free.

Deleted
    nature is cruel isn't an argument to justify torturing animals

I mentioned it only because people hate it when animals they consider pets get tortured, but the very animals they care about (dogs/cats) cause other animals just as much pain

basically people are very hypocritical, because what about that rodent your cat delightfully tortures then eats? you let that happen, you are indirectly responsible for it, yet zero fucks are given.

now this is only an example, not everybody lets their cat roam freely
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-07-25 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But why is "nature is cruel" an argument to treat animals cruelly, but not humans?
    Because that's how you would've been treated by said animals if they had the opportunity.
    So basically it is moral to treat them such. Treat them like they would treat you.