Deleted

Enhancement Single Target, and DPS Discussion

At the moment Enhancements single target DPS seems to scale far worse then other classes, with a massive void in DPS between us and other classes, cleave is pretty strong as always and in high AoE fights i tend to find myself at the top of DPS charts but on single target fights i find my DPS seriously lacking, not due to anything i'm doing wrong. was just wondering what your thoughts were and if you agree.
    I was also scanning through patch notes, and I stumbled across the July 20th Class tuning changes on the US forum and found this -
    Elemental
    Mastery: Molten Earth damage has been increased by 11%.
    Ascendance now has a 2-minute cooldown (down from 3 minutes) for Elemental Shaman.

Enhancement
    [Added to yesterday's class tuning changes] Stormstrike damage has been increased by 30%.

on the EU tuning notes there wasn't a buff to Stormstrike or any mention of one so i'm really hoping for a buff to either lava lash or stormstrike soon

*crosses Fingers
    Krat

The 30% Stormstrike damage buff was applied to EU servers as well, and is reflected by damage values in-game.

The buff definitely helps Enhancement on Single Target, we won't be top tier by any stretch of the imagination, but this change brings us closer to the middle of the pack on single target, instead of being bottom of the barrel.

State of Enhancement right now for different fight scenarios.

Single Target: Enhancement is middle of the pack, and can even performe relatively well once you aquire 4pc T18 and the class trinket (Special mention for Soul Capacitor as 2nd trinket: it is incredibly good for Enhancement due to the very high burst DPS the spec frontloads with all CDs on pull). Without T18 and class trinket though, things aren't so great on Single Target, so we are very dependant on aquiring those two things.

2-3 target cleave: Definitely Enhancement's weakness, the spec just isn't tailored for sustained 2-3 target cleave DPS, especially when compared to many other DPS specs out there. Thankfully there aren't many fights with that profile in HFC, it's mostly just Velhari, High Council, and the first phases of Archimonde.

AOE (Burst or Sustained): Still Enhancement's strong suit, and is even helped a little further by the 2PC T18. Like the rest of the expansion, we are top tier on fights with 4+ targets sustained, or on fights with waves of adds to burst. The good news? HFC is full of these.
    Last edited by Tellaria; 2015-07-27 at 09:35 AM.
    I'm a Rock; Scissors are fine, but damn, Paper needs a nerf!

Deleted
    Well except warlocks and warriors blow the ads up so fast that you cant even get your flameshock spread.

Single target isnt as bad now. Not like the Mythic Butcher days.... good grief. We are definitely middle of the pack now. We still own AOE which I am glad they didnt nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligun View Post
    Single target isnt as bad now. Not like the Mythic Butcher days.... good grief. We are definitely middle of the pack now. We still own AOE which I am glad they didnt nerf.
    Except that my guild is at 9/13 M and i won;t get raid spot anyway since everyone is 15 ilvls above me

with 4 piece do you want to let it stack up to 10 before using lightning bolt or does it cap at 5 stacks?
    i usually play elemental and just started playing Enhance

Took them +50% buff to SS and +20 (or 30?) to Lava Lash since 6.2 just to bring Enha in line with other single target DPS.

Blizz's PTR class balancing seems very lacking when a spec (again) needs massive buffs to two abilities.

When the patch launched, there was a single target hierarchy that was something along the lines of: single target niche > not single target niche > enhancement & unplayed specs. Now, that's been changed to: single target niche > not single target niche > unplayed specs.

That's about as much as you can reasonably expect to see with the current strengths and weaknesses design philosophy.