Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or alternatively, considerable personal strength to be willing to stick around and work through the issues in a marriage rather than divorcing out of convenience.

It all depends on your spin. Ultimately, it isn't pertinent to one's ability to government. Plenty of able statesmen have been highly sexed.
    The difference being, when you do it, he calls it a strawman... Check his history for how many replies he has that are little more than 'strawman'...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Arril View Post
    No she wasn't. She was running an unclassified email server that was connected to the wild internet, no different than the hundreds that the government runs in various areas except that her office owned it and not the Pentagon's IT department. No classified information should ever exist on any server connected to the internet, but it does inadvertently happen and when it does, they clean it up ASAP. What they don't do is throw people in jail for making a mistake - you watch too much TV if you think that happens. Generally such classified documents are not properly labeled, which was the case in every single email that has been reported on in this investigation. The strawman you are creating is the claim she was intending on using that email system to handle classified data, which is patently false.

That she received some improperly marked classified data on that server is obvious, but it's astonishingly naive to conclude she intended on receiving and handling classified information on that server since she knew full well that would violate every security policy that exists regarding the secure handling of classified data. Every single Federal employee receives an annual Security briefing in which all of this is spelled out in no uncertain terms. There are proper channels for classified communications, and she knew exactly what those channels were and how they worked since you can be sure she used them probably every single day she was SecState.
    Her intentions in this case are irrelevant. Her actions however, are relevant. Best case scenario (for her) is somebody sent her something classified that was unmarked. If she recognized it and handled it properly, great. However, given the circumstances and what is known, what more likely happened is she carelessly mentioned something she read/saw/heard in a classified setting in an unclassified email. Given her statements of claiming she would do things differently if she could have, I would assume the latter.

Again, as a senior government official, who works with classified material all the time, she should have known better. Also again, the fact this happened as it did suggests she either got complacent, or simply didn't care. Either one is unacceptable for anyone who handles classified data, but especially so for someone in her position.

Quote Originally Posted by echoSAW View Post
    Her intentions in this case are irrelevant. Her actions however, are relevant. Best case scenario (for her) is somebody sent her something classified that was unmarked. If she recognized it and handled it properly, great. However, given the circumstances and what is known, what more likely happened is she carelessly mentioned something she read/saw/heard in a classified setting in an unclassified email. Given her statements of claiming she would do things differently if she could have, I would assume the latter.

Again, as a senior government official, who works with classified material all the time, she should have known better. Also again, the fact this happened as it did suggests she either got complacent, or simply didn't care. Either one is unacceptable for anyone who handles classified data, but especially so for someone in her position.
    Great points.

The last thing we need to do is hand this nut job keys to the nukes

Only in the US you could get elected president less than 20 years after your husband destroyed the economy.

It's time for you to understand that the Clinton are nothing more than Bankers rats. Her husband is directly responsible for the 2008 crash.

Glass Steagal Act
    CDS Deregulation
    Mortgage Deregulation

Congrats, you can now lend to pennyless people, we'll bail you out in 10 years.

Inb4 : But he was forced to by bankers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    Only in the US you could get elected president less than 20 years after your husband destroyed the economy.

It's time for you to understand that the Clinton are nothing more than Bankers rats. Her husband is directly responsible for the 2008 crash.

Glass Steagal Act
    CDS Deregulation
    Mortgage Deregulation

Congrats, you can now lend to pennyless people, we'll bail you out in 10 years.

Inb4 : But he was forced to by bankers.
    And in 2016, we'll likely have the "choice" of voting for Clinton, or for Jeb Bush, who started working for the Texas Commerce Bank (now part of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co) back in 1974, went to work for Lehman Brothers in 2007 (less than a year after leaving office) and finished working for Barclays just in time to run for president. Both Democratic and Republican parties are hopelessly corrupt, and will be working against the citizenry and for their benefactors.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post

I wasn't aware the President was magically capable of passing laws by him or herself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Great points.

The last thing we need to do is hand this nut job keys to the nukes
    And your alternative is who, exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

And your alternative is who, exactly?
    Any other candidate.

Yeah no other candidate is in the pocket of big business.

Uh oh... the story continues to crumble. Nothing to see here. Just another smear job, like I said a couple days ago.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/0...york-ti/204645

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...al_127564.html

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Uh oh... the story continues to crumble. Nothing to see here. Just another smear job, like I said a couple days ago.

There's a lot of information in both of those opinion pieces that you linked. Why don't you tell us the biggest reason why you think there's nothing to see here and why you think it's just another smear job. Feel free to quote from the pieces you linked, of course.
    Last edited by Merkava; 2015-07-29 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    There's a lot of information in both of those opinion pieces that you linked. Why don't you tell us the biggest reason why you think there's nothing to see here and why you think it's just another smear job. Feel free to quote from the pieces you linked, of course.
    Someone else shared the same opinion so it must be true.

Two-month gap in Clinton emails coincides with escalating Libya violence

She's just dirty, I guess she just happen to not email anyone for 2months LOL, I hope Bernie wins the nomination and not her.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015.../?intcmp=hpbt2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post

How's that "nothing but a smear job" theory holding up?

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...825-story.html
    Last edited by mmoca61d610cb9; 2015-08-27 at 07:02 PM.

Her servers were kept in a "bathroom". Brings new meaning to "wipe that server clean"!