Thread: Ww dps issues

Deleted

Ww dps issues

Hello everyone.

I have a problem whit my dps as Windwalker. im have try for long now to improwe my self but i can still do it alot better.
    my guild will start on mythic after next reset, and my gm say i have to do more dps on some fight.
    i have 703 ilvl 4 set bonus tier 18 class trinket Normal (but no logs whit it) got Soul Capacitor (Normal) whit its the 2 trinket i use. got Mirror of the Blademaster (Heroic) and Humming Blackiron Trigger whit socket (Heroic) in my bag.

can link log but the logs are Warcraftlogs Guild Time in motion twisting nether Carh Yedo Monk

Hope some off you can help me and come up whit some tips so i can do alot more dps.

ty for your time

Yedo.-
    Last edited by mmocf6bc61f43f; 2015-07-26 at 03:22 PM.

Hey there Yedo,

There is a thread stickied ("Fix my monk") for this kinda of things. You can post your logs over there to ask for help, I'll try to get some hints for you.
    Its okay over there to spli the adress of your logs to bypass the "no links allowed" and post a warcraftlogs link (or just post the end of the link, after warcraftlogs.com).

You have all the tools a windwalker needs to perform in HFC, however
    1) We are not doing great, your raid leader can't expect you to deal as much as some other classes for Single Target for instance
    2) The gameplay changed a lot since 6.1, specially considering you have all the new boni/trinkets.

Link some logs over there and I'll try to help you, or MP me some logs and I'll tell you what I can.

Cheers

Deleted
    Cool ty.

i have make a post there now.

Deleted
    il post his logs right here : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...4935827/latest

We dont expect him to top the meters, all tho most of his parses in HC or normal mode, are quite bad compared to other ww monks with the same ilvl and such.
    He rerolled WW monk midt BRF content, and he defently improve a bit. But i still think his underperforming quite alot.
    We are a casual raiding guild compared to the raid days we have (2), but we gonna progress Mythic 2 days a week from now on. And we feel some of our raiders dont have the requirement for mythic yet.
    Therefor we advise ppl to go seach for some information on MMO and such, to improve there performence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyfatter View Post
    il post his logs right here : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...4935827/latest

We dont expect him to top the meters, all tho most of his parses in HC or normal mode, are quite bad compared to other ww monks with the same ilvl and such.
    He rerolled WW monk midt BRF content, and he defently improve a bit. But i still think his underperforming quite alot.
    We are a casual raiding guild compared to the raid days we have (2), but we gonna progress Mythic 2 days a week from now on. And we feel some of our raiders dont have the requirement for mythic yet.
    Therefor we advise ppl to go seach for some information on MMO and such, to improve there performence.
    If I only look at his ranking ( which I know is a terrible way to judge someone ), he does similarly as my own ranking with the same ilvl range as him. So either he is doing fine or I am as bad as he is.
    Thing is though, my ranks with higher ilvl are mostly between 75 & 95%. So I suspect he will do the same since Monks are known to scale extremely well with higher gear lvls. It also makes it easier for us to pad the meters, where as other classes can do it with lower gear .

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outzy View Post
    If I only look at his ranking ( which I know is a terrible way to judge someone ), he does similarly as my own ranking with the same ilvl range as him. So either he is doing fine or I am as bad as he is.
    Thing is though, my ranks with higher ilvl are mostly between 75 & 95%. So I suspect he will do the same since Monks are known to scale extremely well with higher gear lvls. It also makes it easier for us to pad the meters, where as other classes can do it with lower gear .
    3 things:
    1) Those ranks are relative to other windwalkers, so as your gear goes up, so does the gear of the other monks you're compared to, assuming you're looking at the ilvl brackets and not overall.
    2) Monks scale poorly with gear compared to other classes
    3) Monks can pad meters at any level, there is no weird breakpoint where SEF becomes more useful than previously.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    3 things:
    1) Those ranks are relative to other windwalkers, so as your gear goes up, so does the gear of the other monks you're compared to, assuming you're looking at the ilvl brackets and not overall.
    2) Monks scale poorly with gear compared to other classes
    3) Monks can pad meters at any level, there is no weird breakpoint where SEF becomes more useful than previously.
    1) No clue what your trying to say here. But thank you for that info I guess. Let me add to that info a little. Ilvl is also relative since a high ilvl weapon with crappy rings or high ilvl rings and a crappy weapon can give you same ilvl yet different results. Also parses go up as time and gear goes up. Then there are patches that may buff or nerf you. Anyways all this does not help the OP deal more damage.
    2) I wasn't comparing to other classes.
    3) Padding meters with lowish gear in a strong aoe group isn't going to help your aoe padding, with or without the use of SEF. I also find the mentioning of 'weird breakpoint' there a bit strange since I was clearly not implying any of the sorts. Kinda feels like I have done something to offend you tbh.

In the end all I was trying to say to the OP that imo it doesn't look that bad. Given some time and gear and you might see a improvement.
    Last edited by mmoc3d470a1ff7; 2015-07-26 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outzy View Post
    In the end all I was trying to say to the OP that imo it doesn't look that bad. Given some time and gear and you might see a improvement.
    I definitely wouldn't say that 60%'s are acceptable in that amount of gear. I have less gear than that and put up higher percentiles. (I don't have the 4pc or the soul cap.)

On his best Zakuun parse, he missed out on 11 RSK's, 13 ZS casts, and 3 FoF's. By watching his replay I would also say he isn't lining up his TeB with procs corrrectly because it seemed at times it was just used randomly.

Deleted
    I dont accept it aswell, thats the reason i told him to make a post about it. I want my raiders to improve there gameplay, and checking up on his logs and his generel performence in the raids, compared to his gear i think he underperforms. Thanks for your advise Istyle, could you be a bit more specific about it ? When to use stuff etc ?

Hey yedo,

thanks for that. I posted some comments in the fix my monk thread allready.

You seem to have most of the theory right - openers, buff uptimes, priority. A couple things need to change there though, and the execution/waste of GCDs/dealing with AoE or cleave fights will all improve you.

Gl

Quote Originally Posted by Istyle View Post
    I definitely wouldn't say that 60%'s are acceptable in that amount of gear. I have less gear than that and put up higher percentiles. (I don't have the 4pc or the soul cap.)

On his best Zakuun parse, he missed out on 11 RSK's, 13 ZS casts, and 3 FoF's. By watching his replay I would also say he isn't lining up his TeB with procs corrrectly because it seemed at times it was just used randomly.
    You're not comprehending how log rankings work, unless I'm somehow misunderstanding what you're trying to say.

Am I the only one that see major burst damage difference with procs up & without? Is that what blizzard wants is for us to depends on procs, or is this their way of shuffling in people who don't play as well by making their dps vary wildly based on procs? Just wondering if anyone has any insights on that...