Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How the Warlords of Draenor legendary quest line rewards should have worked.

I had an idea about how the legendary quest line could have been done better that does not punish alts and multi spec players.

The long version is here: http://omgstanposts.tumblr.com/post/...ary-quest-line

The tl;dr version is: Use the heirloom system that is flexible enough to handle upgrades and account wide progress.

Thoughts?

No way should it be account wide progress. It should have worked exactly how it does.
    Only thing I would have changed is the last part. I don't like having legendaries this quickly into the tier.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

An absence of reward is not "punishment"

I wish people could get that into their heads.

Deleted
    Hahaa nope. Best way to do legadary was Firenlands style. Some Q done trought raids with no LFR. BTW game is supostu be desgined for 1 charater progression not for alts. Alts are supostu be extra thing not something what you determinted as content worth to cuttering for.

And this friends is the downside of putting in account wide systems. Now everyone wants everything to be account wide.

Everything but the tomes is a fucking joke for your alts. I have characters that have hit lvl 100 in June that are already on Tomes and here we are a month later. Suck it up.

I really like how they're done currently, all I'd ask is either a slightly faster catch up system, or that the current system 'stack' for each character that gets to a stage. I don't mind the current tier taking as long/short as it does(less RNG maybe, hence 'long/short', ahem).

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    And this friends is the downside of putting in account wide systems. Now everyone wants everything to be account wide.

Everything but the tomes is a fucking joke for your alts. I have characters that have hit lvl 100 in June that are already on Tomes and here we are a month later. Suck it up.
    What would the problem be with everything being account wide?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanzilla View Post
    What would the problem be with everything being account wide?
    Haha do I really have to explain this?

Blizzard is a business.
    Businesses exist to make money.
    The longer you play the more money they make.
    The longer you play the more you bitch about everything but still throw money at them so they don't care.

For fucks sake they threw us a bone with the bonus of extra runes or stones PLUS increasing the frequency of the missions if you're already done that step on another character. But NOPE that's not good enough! I gotta have it even easier!

It's fine though. Eventually all Blizzard will have left are these entitled children who want everything handed to them so they'll just go F2P and let people buy their way to glory.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2015-07-26 at 07:20 PM.

It should not have involved the shipyard system.

The legendary should reward you for playing your character. I wouldnt mind putting catch ups in there or an alternative route for players who like facebook games, but making it an essential part of obtaining your ring is like having the pet battle tournament required to get the cape.

I really dont mind alt needing to be played too, in order for them to get the ring. I do approve of some catchup mechanisms for them too.
    Last edited by owbu; 2015-07-26 at 07:25 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Haha do I really have to explain this?

Blizzard is a business.
    Businesses exist to make money.
    The longer you play the more money they make.
    The longer you play the more you bitch about everything but still throw money at them so they don't care.

For fucks sake they threw us a bone with the bonus of extra runes or stones PLUS increasing the frequency of the missions if you're already done that step on another character. But NOPE that's not good enough! I gotta have it even easier!

It's fine though. Eventually all Blizzard will have left are these entitled children who want everything handed to them so they'll just go F2P and let people buy their way to glory.
    Pretty sure people would actually play more if playing alts was more fun. Obviously Blizzards needs to be careful with this and keep the game interesting in a way that does not involve stupid grinds on every toon.

You're still missing the point that the intention is not for you get shiny oranges on every one of your characters but whatever.

Also as long as you pay that $15 a month Blizzard couldn't care less if you logged in for 5 minutes that month or played for 500 hours. They still got paid.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2015-07-26 at 09:32 PM.

You're still missing the point that the intention is not for you get shiny oranges on every one of your characters but whatever.
    this is what happens when everyone gets a legendary. Then they want it on all of their alts. Then they don't want to really do anything for them. I'm shocked they didn't nerf like the kairoz or garona infiltration parts for the players that are of that mindset.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should make so that once completed on main the alts only need to clear the raid instead of collect the stuff in that raid dungeon and then wait for next weekly reset to continue on next part.

LFR wannabees shouldnt get a ledgendary, it just makes it the new welfare epic. The quest was fine, apart from stupid RNG shipyard bullshit.

I love how mad people get over things like this. The cape and ring are only legendary by item status. There's really nothing legendary about an item ANYONE can get just by playing the game (zero luck involved). They truly are just a over-budgeted piece of gear called a legendary to add more depth to the game.

IMO i'd rather have account-bound legendaries. Get it done, have it after that, regardless of what toon you choose to progress on. Maybe they should bring back true legendary items for raiders and make these 'legendary' quest chains a different type of item all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Hahaa nope. Best way to do legadary was Firenlands style. Some Q done trought raids with no LFR. BTW game is supostu be desgined for 1 charater progression not for alts. Alts are supostu be extra thing not something what you determinted as content worth to cuttering for.
    The problem is the community which increasingly segregates players by artificial measures of readiness, and so making progression such as that on the legendary increasingly important to progress on alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    LFR wannabees shouldnt get a ledgendary, it just makes it the new welfare epic. The quest was fine, apart from stupid RNG shipyard bullshit.
    No need to be a jerk.
    LFR is not something that a lot of players have the freedom to readily avoid, and people who can avoid still are wiling to use it to meet their agenda while constantly bashing it.
    Suppose you are one of those people, who are upset that your circumstances are not the sole audience of blizzards development attentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    Maybe they should bring back true legendary items for raiders and make these 'legendary' quest chains a different type of item all together.
    They really do need to create a new tier of quality, so all the entitled masses can have their "legendary" and real raiders can have a chance to get an actual rare/hard to get item.

They really do need to create a new tier of quality, so all the entitled masses can have their "legendary" and real raiders can have a chance to get an actual rare/hard to get item.
    And this elitist attitude is why there is the demand for account-wide progress, because players not progressing it on alts will find them increasingly isolated due to artificial and unnecessary standards in the name of "efficiency" from players who are doing less leading than ever, but still willing to demand all the benefits of it.

And the demand that yours is better because your raiding is "more real".
    Now who is the "entitled" one ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Aren't you the same guy who told us in another thread that we're "narrow minded" for not liking the shipyard? You'll have to forgive me for not taking anything you say seriously.

Deleted
    They really do need to create a new tier of quality, so all the entitled masses can have their "legendary" and 1 out of 20 real mythic raiders can have a chance to get an actual rare/hard to get item.
    I fixed that for you, you are welcome my lil'snowflake