Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ina View Post
    All I can read is "I'm a perfect parent, I can never forget anything and anyone that's not like me is a bad parent and shouldn't have kids.".
    Not neglecting your child and taking care of them is a far cry of saying I am a prefect parent, this is just an ignorant statement, every thing they said this is 100% true. Are you a parent? I am betting no

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone can forget anything, if they genuienly forget, it doesn't make them bad parents.
    A child isn't an object you just don't forget a child, you have to be trolling

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Not neglecting your child and taking care of them is a far cry of saying I am a prefect parent, this is just an ignorant statement, every thing they said this is 100% true. Are you a parent? I am betting no
    I am, and it's perfectly possible for someone to get preoccupied with something and forget about their child during that time.

A child isn't an object you just don't forget a child, you have to be trolling
    People have forgotten that someone is inside a machine, trying to see what's wrong with it, and someone fires it up because they forgot about the one inside and the person inside gets crushed. Accidents happens all the time, nobody is immune to forgetting something.

People have forgotten that someone is inside a machine, trying to see what's wrong with it, and someone fires it up because they forgot about the one inside and the person inside gets crushed. Accidents happens all the time, nobody is immune to forgetting something.
    That would be called manslaughter and punished via the legal system because it's expected a reasonable person would not do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Yeah like a whole child that I supposedly care for. Oh wait, I'd never forget my baby brother for 20 minutes in a hot car because I'm not a piece of shit.
    Do you know for instance that in America, 390 children under 14 year of age die every year due to drowning? 67% of all cases involve children under age of 5.
    Let's throw all them parents to jail!

Because jail is going to fix all of our problems. Treating parents like that will lead to even more couples resent the idea of having children, because one bad move and you can end-up from being a good parent to brutalised inmate.
    You replace building up morale in society with building up fear from authorities.

Instead of this crap, they can just invent alarm, connected with the child's seat that sounds every time the driver's door being opened. It won't cost much, will prevent majority of car heatstrike death cases (around 620 in USA since 1998) and ensure parents that they won't go to jail for a single bad move.

If your or someone else's child dieing on your watch isn't something to throw people in jail for, why is doing it to those having a personal amount of marijuana fine?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    If your or someone else's child dieing on your watch isn't something to throw people in jail for, why is doing it to those having a personal amount of marijuana fine?
    Because they support an untaxed business.

Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    Do you know for instance that in America, 390 children under 14 year of age die every year due to drowning? 67% of all cases involve children under age of 5.

Because jail is going to fix all of our problems. Treating parents like that will lead to even more couples resent the idea of having children, because one bad move and you can end-up from being a good parent to brutalised inmate.
    You replace building up morale in society with building up fear from authorities.

Instead of this crap, they can just invent alarm, connected with the child's seat that sounds every time the driver's door being opened. It won't cost much, will prevent majority of car heatstrike death cases (around 620 in USA since 1998) and ensure parents that they won't go to jail for a single bad move.
    Learn the difference between accidents and neglect, not knowing where a young child is for an extended period of time is simply neglect, if you think otherwise, I recommend not having a child.

7+ Year Old Account
    Learn the difference between accidents and neglect, not knowing where a young child is for an extended period of time is simply neglect, if you think otherwise, I recommend not having a child.
    Sure, not bothering to find out if it's an extended period of time is neglect but these cases aren't about extended periods of time, it doesn't take long for it to get very warm in a car when it's in the sun.

Deleted
    People can forget about it.
    No, just no. You're not forgetting a living being in the sweltering hot of your car, much less a child when they're likely to die if you do so. This whole "it can happen", doesn't excuse it happening or means the people shouldn't expect the consequences. If you leave your child in the car and it dies you're very much responsible for it and should be hit as hard as possible with whatever sentence you can get for doing so.

We don't let doctors get away with "it can happen" when they mess up, nor other people. So how is that suddenly an excuse here?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    No, just no.
    Yes, you can forget about things as well fort a short time.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, let's have the appropriate people evaluate the case to determine the level of negligence involved and therefore the appropriate charge like educated people who know how the legal system works.

You clearly didn't read a thing. Again.

Rehabilitative imprisonment.

Rehabilitative.
    Imprisonment.

Rehabilitative imprisonment

There - used it for the third post in a row, you can re-refer to my previous two posts for the detail as to why phrases like 'brutalised inmate' and 'fear from authorities' don't have any relevance to anything I've said.

That would be fucking fantastic. I'd kickstart such an initiative.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I can read is "I'm a perfect parent, I can never forget anything and anyone that's not like me is a bad parent and shouldn't have kids.".
    There are many out there who should not have kids or pets for that matter. It is not about being perfect, it is about being responsible to the point you will not accept any excuse for endangering the lives of your kids or pets. From anyone, inc. yourself. One needs to accept that or not have kids or pets.