View Poll Results: Sharia Law for or against? (U.S or Anywhere)

Voters
306. This poll is closed
  • For

16 5.23%
  • Against

290 94.77%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    how else would one describe specimens who violate human rights and promote discrimination and intolerance?
    Left Wing & Right Wing?

Am I rite?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Screw anything to do with Islam, the whole ideology is a disgusting perversion of human rights and morality.

Deleted
    Against, of course. Sharia Law is one of the most backward things out there, and I have no idea how anyone could ever want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Screw anything to do with Islam, the whole ideology is a disgusting perversion of human rights and morality.
    It's not an ideology, it's a religion. And just because it's abused as an excuse for terrorists, doesn't mean the religion itself is inherently inhumane or immoral. It really isn't.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Nope and I'd rather keep any kind of muslim influences in my country to absolute minimum. The immigrants in neighbouring country with similar religious backgrounds are causing such problems ( last I checked hand grenades were involved), that I'd rather close the borders to those completely. I'd rather not have the next "rape capital of the West" in my country.

Screw any law based on religion.

Your imaginary friend is your business, not mine.

on topic: Sharia law is as retarded as if you took the old testament and made laws based on that.
    Pretty retarded

And just because it's abused as an excuse for terrorists, doesn't mean the religion itself is inherently inhumane or immoral. It really isn't.
    It really is. Just like christianity and Judaism is aswell.

The only religion I don't actively condemn as immoral is Buddhism and even they have darker secrets.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sharia law is a disgusting savage piece of shit form early Middle Ages. There is no place for sharia "law" in modern world.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulscorch View Post
    FROM FUCKING WIKIPEDIA !?!?? : https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia_law

"Laws and practices under Sharia[change | change source]
    Marriage[change | change source]
    A Muslim man can marry only a Muslim, Christian or Jewish woman. He cannot marry an atheist, agnostic or polytheist.[1]
    A Muslim woman can marry only a Muslim man. She cannot marry a Christian, Jew, atheist, agnostic or polytheist.[2]
    The minimum age of marriage for females is nine, for males is twelve.[3][4]
    A Muslim minor girl's father or guardian may arrange the marriage of a girl, without her consent, before she reaches adulthood.[5]
    An adult man cannot marry an adult woman without her consent. An adult woman requires her wali's - father or male guardian - consent to marry, in following schools of sharia: Maliki, Shafi'i, Hanbali and Jafari.[5]
    A marriage is a contract that requires the man to pay, or promise to pay some Mahr (property as brideprice) to the woman. The married woman owns this property.[6][7]
    A man can divorce his wife any time he wants, without reason. A woman cannot divorce her husband without reason. She may file for divorce for reason, such as he is impotent, missing or biologically related to her.
    A Muslim man can marry four Muslim women with their permission, only if he can support them financially and equally. A Muslim woman can marry only one Muslim man."

Fuck sharia law and fuck any law that was ok-ish fucking 1700 years ago in the desert. Even though i agree current laws in the civilised world aren't perfect by a longshot, this freaking crap that makes me puke isn't the answer either.

If i understood wrong and sharia law means anything else entirely please help me out here.
    i dont see " kill any who is non-muslim " in the sharia though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulscorch View Post
    Fuck sharia law and fuck any law that was ok-ish fucking 1700 years ago in the desert. Even though i agree current laws in the civilised world aren't perfect by a longshot, this freaking crap that makes me puke isn't the answer either..
    Yup, it's just disgusting.

I also wonder if the 7 guys who voted for it are serious.

Sharia laws belongs in the medieval times. Look at the places where they have sharia, it's like they are stuck several hundred years back in time.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really rather not have religious laws that permit the going against of basic human rights to some extent.

Sharia is one of the worst in that regard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Law =/= to gospel.

Deleted
    It's not just muslim laws, it's all religion-driven laws that are real tumor in any society.

Christians got rid of that influence some centuries ago, while muslims still cling to it for some reason.

Not that christian societies are all healthy and all-abiding every human right in the Geneva convention to the letter.

But i don't and i can't accept some foreigners coming to my country begging to be given something to eat, and then rise up and trying to force their way of life to me.
    Like musks playing that awful prayers two times a day, effectively waking me up in the morning. Or a grocery store cashier denying to sell me that pork meat.

If you want to have it your way, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY COUNTRY AND RETURN TO WHATEVER HOLE YOU CRAWLED OUT FROM.

How is this even a question ? When the answer is obviously no.

The only thing I can assume is that it is trying to determine who don't understand understand Sharia law. So far that number is 7.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any laws based on a holy book is indisputable a shitty way to go, some poor suckers in the world just don't have anything to compare it with.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2015-07-27 at 10:24 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    This is the 21st century, not the middle ages. Sharia Law is something that you would expect to see from an uncivilized stone age culture. It is abhorrent that anyone in this day in age would consider a system of law that condones stoning to death for adultery an acceptable punishment.

Deleted
    "The minimum age of marriage for females is nine, for males is twelve." But pedophilia seems to be fine according to the sharia.

I oppose any form of government which bans harmless actions based on the morals of others. That would include Sharia Law, as well as laws based on the Bible. There really isn't any difference between the two. The second you choose to ban something, simply because you do not like it, you are choosing to implement a form of Sharia Law.

As for this particular woman, she's a typical big-government, fake conservative. There is nothing special about her, whatsoever.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariphea View Post
    "The minimum age of marriage for females is nine, for males is twelve." But pedophilia seems to be fine according to the sharia.
    wasn't that normal in medieval era in all the globe? not until last century

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariphea View Post
    Probably cos their holy prophet (53 at the time) got offered to marry a 6 year old.
    Obviously marrying a 6 year old is too much even at the time so he waited until she was 9 years old.

A 53 year old humping a 9 year old is clearly not pedophilia..

- - - Updated - - -

wasn't that normal in medieval era in all the globe? not until last century
    Marrying children was common all over the globe, however that young is not common.
    Not that it matter, what matter is that a world religion got their most holy person being a pedophile(sorry there is no other way around it from a western pov) also a religion known to have a rather large base of followers who take the holy book literally.

That is hardly anything positive for women or rather girls and their situations in parts of the world where they suffer under the boot of religion.
    Not that this is in any way an full explanation to why their situation suck but it sure as hell do a pretty damn good job at working against any change to the better.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Probably cos their holy prophet (53 at the time) got offered to marry a 6 year old.
    Obviously marrying a 6 year old is too much even at the time so he waited until she was 9 years old.

A 53 year old humping a 9 year old is clearly not pedophilia..
    Here i disagree. Pedophilia is strongly subjective.
    Females become able to get birth anywhere between 12 and 15 of age. Males also there somewhere (maybe 14+).
    For instance, a 15-year old having sex with a 14-year old is not considered a crime, not to mention it is widely spread these days.

For some cultures having a sex with breeding-capable female is something natural, even if she is 14 year old. Females also have this way of thinking, so it is not stresful for them at all.

Forced sex is something that should be condemned, not sex in general.