Some top arcane mages using Arcane Orb

Can anyone tell me why some of the top guild arcane mages are using Arcane orb instead of prismatic crystal?
    Is this because it gives Arcane missile charges?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kuznam/simple

I use it for arcane missile procs, which with the tier set could give upwards of 12% more damage. I also prefer it because bosses move a lot, even on stationary fights there is movement and it annoys the hell out of me to use my crystal and lose so much DPS because the boss moved 6 centimetres.

You get a near instant 4 charges, as well as many arcane missile procs, meaning I regenerate a lot of mana while channelling. Its just nicer to play overall, and with the tier set, more damage.

Alright, I suspected that would be it.. Haven't gotten a single tier piece yet, so I think I will stick with PC for now.. Should probably get some tier set next week, it's kinda stupid that I'm 13/13 heroic without 1 damn piece... :-D

Just as a note, I SimCraft at lower DPS with Arcane Orb, but in real fights I pull above the SimCraft maximum, and do more than I would do with crystal. I only have the 2-set bonus as well, so that'll shoot up once I get 4.

Arcane Orb is amazing.

Well, I can't wait till I get some set-bonuses which I should next week, as almost everyone else from my raid team have gotten their tier sets. I really hate prismatic crystal.. I got the PoF Mannoroth trinket and it annoys the shit out of me when I use PC and Archimonde gets the procc on him... I've kind of just been waiting for a viable alternative to that spell :P

Deleted
    Logging out in arcane orb doesn't mean you're using it on single target...

And any decent mage uses arcane orb on multiple target fights. (Which is like 70% of HFC fights)

Deleted
    A stupid question regarding the matter - So with Arcane Orb you generate a lot of AM procs, so you get more 4p procs, but since you spam a lot more AMs this mean you will have a lot less AB casts, so this mean UM will be out of the question if you use AO, right?

I would say yes to that, Deithy. I don't know if Nether Tempest is viable, but Kuznam uses Supernova with AO

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    A stupid question regarding the matter - So with Arcane Orb you generate a lot of AM procs, so you get more 4p procs, but since you spam a lot more AMs this mean you will have a lot less AB casts, so this mean UM will be out of the question if you use AO, right?
    A lot of UM damage is during the AP timing so this is irrelevant. You cast AO before AP and right after evo. You may have a couple more missiles but you can go like AO > missiles > ap > evo > ao

Deleted
    Playing with orb single target is not more DPS over the other two choices. Multiple targets always take orb. Crystal for single target for best results. If the boss moves around too much or you can't get good usage out of crystal up time, then take OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico3337 View Post
    it annoys the shit out of me when I use PC and Archimonde gets the procc on him... I've kind of just been waiting for a viable alternative to that spell :P
    It's a bug, please see my post at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300185379#1 and give an upvote so it gets fixed!

Back on topic: all T75 talents have seen use this tier, surprisingly SN is very useful on Xhul'horac and Mannoroth for imp control. I only used nether tempest on iskar to fish for trinket/AM procs for padding purposes.

for T100 talents, Orb is amazing on multi target fights to fish for AM/trinket procs, once again, Xhul'Horac and Mannoroth, and also fights like Iskar/HFA. Compared to BRF, OP is actually the talent i used the least; it's AMAZING on Gorefiend, decent for Kormrok but little else.

Basically you just take whatever talents per fight that is going to give the best missiles/trinket procs possible.

Depends what boss they had done last when they logged out. I went Arcane for my guild's first Mythic Hellfire Assault kill the other night, and used Arcane Orb. I was able to toss out Barrage's at 4 stacks and do nice AoE cleave very often, and since I have the Mannoroth trinket I was able to pump at least 3 arcane missles into the DooM Nova debuffed target each time, doing ridiculous AoE. Ended the fight on 85k DPS as a single target spec.

Point is that on fights when there's lots of adds up very often, with the Mannoroth trinket, AND with Arcane Orb (for those AM procs when you need them), Arcane can do ridiculous damage. It is subject to lots of RNG though so it isn't dependable. But sometimes it's worth it.

Last I saw, AO is the top talent for 3+ targets stacked. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though; I main Frost anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico3337 View Post
    I don't know if Nether Tempest is viable, but Kuznam uses Supernova with AO
    Same rules as above, NT is the top talent for 3+ stacked.

I even have a source!: http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1509
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Last I saw, AO is the top talent for 3+ targets stacked. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though; I main Frost anyways.

Same rules as above, NT is the top talent for 3+ stacked.

I even have a source!: http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1509
    Maybe on a spreadsheet but in reality NT is a pain in the ass to manage esp with so many adds and keeping track/utilizing doom nova procs at the same time. Easier to just go supernova the majority of the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Maybe on a spreadsheet but in reality NT is a pain in the ass to manage esp with so many adds and keeping track/utilizing doom nova procs at the same time. Easier to just go supernova the majority of the time.
    NT is amazing mejt, don't diss it!

I use NT+AO on anything 2+ targets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dutch, Why are some mages in your guild using Darklight and Doom Nova trinkets and Not the class trinket? Ive got a normal Class trinket and heroic PoF and Darklight as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foonkinator View Post
    Dutch, Why are some mages in your guild using Darklight and Doom Nova trinkets and Not the class trinket? Ive got a normal Class trinket and heroic PoF and Darklight as well.
    We're progressing mythic tyrant. None of us are playing arcane there.

If you mean in our arcane logs, mostly because of adds or something on the fight. I don't use it because I don't have it heroic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    We're progressing mythic tyrant. None of us are playing arcane there.

If you mean in our arcane logs, mostly because of adds or something on the fight. I don't use it because I don't have it heroic.
    Understandable, So on a fight like Xhul,Hellfire or Council.... you would play Arcane using Heroic PoF And Darklight trinket over a normal Class trinket? Also Orb over PC? Is there a fight you would go overpowered? I haven't touched it once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foonkinator View Post
    Understandable, So on a fight like Xhul,Hellfire or Council.... you would play Arcane using Heroic PoF And Darklight trinket over a normal Class trinket? Also Orb over PC? Is there a fight you would go overpowered? I haven't touched it once.
    I wouldn't even go heroic class trinket on xhul or council. (as arcane) Only on pure single target fights or very important burn phases. I run AO on all those type of bosses.

I haven't used overpowered yet either. Theoretically it could work on bosses with low amount of adds like council, but in practice, especailly with PoF, AO is just really strong.