Arcane Mage Unstable Magic / Legandary

I have seen some top mages going for Unstable magic instead of super nova. Is that a better dps increase or a sim bug? Also with the legendary ring being 2mins cd. are we suppose to unglyph arcane power so it lines up every time we get the proc with PC as well. Feedback would be nice thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lesharc23 View Post
    I have seen some top mages going for Unstable magic instead of super nova. Is that a better dps increase or a sim bug?
    No, UM is actually good now. See for yourself!
    Arcane: http://altered-time.com/forum/viewto...fd2d7a217f6a1b
    Frost: http://altered-time.com/forum/viewto...e40486f40e7c19
    (Note: UM goes up the more tier pieces you have, and for Arcane, it also goes up if you have your Tome [Arch trinket]. If you're rolling with 4P and Tome, you're good to go with UM)

Quote Originally Posted by lesharc23 View Post
    Also with the legendary ring being 2mins cd. are we suppose to unglyph arcane power so it lines up every time we get the proc with PC as well. Feedback would be nice thanks
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but AP should always be unglyphed, regardless if you have ring or not. When you do have the ring though, you line up AP (and PC) with it because it's such an insane boost.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but AP should always be unglyphed, regardless if you have ring or not. When you do have the ring though, you line up AP (and PC) with it because it's such an insane boost.
    The reason most people are unglpyhed now is because of the class trinket. You can’t glyph with the trinket because you’ll easily go oom and waste a lot of AP. If you don't have that, then like previous tiers generally glyphing is better than not due to the potential to lose out on AP uptime.

Now, I’ve not seen any sims or other math that shows what’s ideal if you have the legendary but no class trinket – my guess would be to unglyph and line up AP with the ring each time, but that might be overvaluing how much damage AP would be adding vs potential lost AP uptime.

Deleted
    You should unglyph your Arcane Power once you have the class trinket that drops from Archimonde. The reason behind it is that when you have the class trinket, you run out of mana so quickly during the Arcane Power which means you will have mana issues and have dps losses if you have it glyphed. So just remove the Arcane Power glyph if you have the class trinket. Also by doing this, you can have your crystal + arcane power up for each legendary ring procs meaning that your burst damage during arcane power is going to be even more crazy.

About Unstable Magic, the only reason it's viable in this tier is that we stack Haste because of our tier bonuses and Unstable Magic scales great with haste, whereas supernova doesnt scale at all with it. The bosses that you want to use Unstable Magic on are the ones that are single target for the most of the time. Such as Iron Reaver Heroic or Gorefiend.