Deleted

Frost Mage - Thermal Void + Archimonde Trinket

Hey my question if anyone can answer it is when i take Thermal void to increase the time my icy veins is up when am i suppose to use ice lance? do i just use it when ice lance procs or do i spam to keep it up? is there a rotation in regards for it. I do have the Archimonde trinket on normal so i would assume that it changes the way i play as well but unfortunately ive only been playing mage since the beginning of 6.2 so ive still not wrapped my finger around frost as much as i did Arcane.

So mainly my overall question is how do i pay with thermal void and the archimonde trinket and does the trinket change the rotation of frost at all?

Thanks

In either scenario (thermal void or Archimondes trinket) you still ONLY cast Icelance when you have a fingers of frost proc. Neither the trinket bonus or TV is enough to warrant casting Non Proc Ice Lances.

Thermal Void you mostly take for aoe heavy fights - since using Frozen Orb will give you lots of ice lance procs to feed into Icy Veins with TV. Archimondes trinket doesn't change much except during water jet where you want to make sure you are alternating the FB, with FoF-IL (I believe - not too familiar with the changes from using Archy Trinket - other mages can clarify that)

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Archimondes trinket doesn't change much except during water jet where you want to make sure you are alternating the FB, with FoF-IL (I believe - not too familiar with the changes from using Archy Trinket - other mages can clarify that)
    Running Tome (Archimonde trinket) and 4P T17 (NOT HFC tier!). Currently doing 2 FBs and the second one linked to an IL for WJ since I only get 2, and Frozen Orb kinda depends on how many procs I get. If it's on single target, I can usually FB-IL every one of the bonus 4 I get from my 4P, unless I get some lucky procs. AoE, I'd just spam the ILs away to not waste them (and get more out of my 2P T17).

Of course, this isn't going to apply to most players, as I'd assume you have your 4P before you get the Archimonde trinket, though I don't think much changes, besides using FB-IL on the 4th Water Jet Frostbolt instead of the 2nd.

PS: Does the 4P only give 4s to Water Jet? I remember seeing a hotfix that gave it +10s, but Wowhead is only showing +4s.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Its 4 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Magnox View Post
    Its 4 seconds
    No. Hotfixes don't update client data, which is why you won't see it updated on wowhead. It is indeed adding 10 seconds to Water Jet, giving an overall duration of 14 seconds, which is shortened a little by haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnox View Post
    Its 4 seconds
    wrong. It is 10 seconds giving a total of 14 seconds. The tooltip like in many cases hasn't been updated to show it.