Thread: Fury 4 PC bug?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury 4 PC bug?

Has anyone had an issue that when blood surge procs and try to use it, the proc disappears? I've noticed this only a few times over the least week, but haven't narrowed down what the actual issue could be. When I noticed it once, it was when a target had died or I was switching targets.

Nope, you probably just delayed using the proc and the buff expired.

Yes, had it multiple times tonight and last night.

Looked at procs, never went over more than 2 seconds.

Also many times it took no time off of my recklessness.

Quote Originally Posted by T1berius View Post
    Yes, had it multiple times tonight and last night.

Looked at procs, never went over more than 2 seconds.

Also many times it took no time off of my recklessness.
    I've never seen this. Provide some logs please so I can investigate further.

won't let me post links yet

Tiberìus on proudmoore, it happened many times on heroic archimonde pulls sunday and monday night. Logs are public under "enrage timer"

it's possible I had input lag and the fact that my haste is 19% buffed without wbr proc i may not have been able to see myself use the proc but that doesn't explain the times when I used it but it didn't reset my recklessness cd

I noticed again during my raid last night. Seems to proc and is gone almost immediately. The only thing I prioritize over it would be sudden death, unless the 2 charges will reset my Recklessness, so I know i'm using it within the proc time. Also noticed again using the Bloodsurge proc. it not reducing the CD.

Stynger- Ferocious Intent on Stormrage

Not sure how to check the logs to determine this, but if anyone can, feel free

7+ Year Old Account
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sorthalis View Post
    A better way to look at it is using the query to look for (Actor Name) Wild Strike casts and the (Actor Name) Bloodsurge buff, then going to events view and using the filter to look for Bloodsurge application and fall off.

Link

I can't find a single instance in which Bloodsurge fell off without using 2 Wild Strikes. I found two instances (at 1:55 and 7:14) in which Bloodsurge was refreshed by using BT a second time before using Wild Strike (this is really easy to see by using the color coding to the right hand side).

If I had to guess, you might have a bug in your UI making it think Bloodsurge fades when it is refreshed without having used the charges? I could see this happening if you are using a complicated Weak Aura for ability notifiers instead of traditional action bars, but there is nothing in that log to suggest that Bloodsurge ever fell off without being consumed. Note: I realize after the fact you (Sorthalis) are just linking logs to show how to look, and not actually experiencing the problem first hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stynger View Post
    I noticed again during my raid last night. Seems to proc and is gone almost immediately. The only thing I prioritize over it would be sudden death, unless the 2 charges will reset my Recklessness, so I know i'm using it within the proc time. Also noticed again using the Bloodsurge proc. it not reducing the CD.

Stynger- Ferocious Intent on Stormrage

Not sure how to check the logs to determine this, but if anyone can, feel free
    Link me the log from the fight that it happened and I'll check for you. If that's too much trouble just tell me the boss name and the date you killed it. I'm not saying it couldn't be a legitimate bug, but I have never experienced it and can't troubleshoot without an accurate report to work from and show others.

There are a lot of factors can conspire to "hide" a bug from general observation, such as Execute reducing the cooldown of Avatar with AM, or Execute kills multistrikes generating extra rage via Glyph of the Executor.

not sure really but doing Auchindoun mythic today towards the last boss fight room I noticed raging blow stacks falling off, usually I know if I've just let them go too long but I'd go to use them and they'd be gone. It could be a case in which a new raging blow proc isn't refreshing the previous?

I'll keep an eye out some more, it happened during the 3 trash that you teleport between and during the boss but I didn't catch it in the act so to speak but had moments when I could've sworn I had much longer to use raging blow.

This was in t17

I have never seen this bug and I doubt this kind of bug would only affect a small % of players if it was actually a thing.

Actually I think I may have found the bug, looking into it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    A better way to look at it is using the query to look for (Actor Name) Wild Strike casts and the (Actor Name) Bloodsurge buff, then going to events view and using the filter to look for Bloodsurge application and fall off.

Link

I can't find a single instance in which Bloodsurge fell off without using 2 Wild Strikes. I found two instances (at 1:55 and 7:14) in which Bloodsurge was refreshed by using BT a second time before using Wild Strike (this is really easy to see by using the color coding to the right hand side).
    Good to know,
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

I've had a similiar thing if i'm not positioned correctly towards my target. As in it't just outside my "frontal reach" where my action bar ui conciders it infront of me but when I press the ability it starts the gcd slightly but is not able to follow through. Losing one stack for every action, this usually happens pn target switching or dying adds and next target is in an awkward position and I spam.
    Has been happening since I can remember in this expansion but not often so hqvent payed too much attention to it
    On Phone so hope im not too confusing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    I've had a similiar thing if i'm not positioned correctly towards my target. As in it't just outside my "frontal reach" where my action bar ui conciders it infront of me but when I press the ability it starts the gcd slightly but is not able to follow through. Losing one stack for every action, this usually happens pn target switching or dying adds and next target is in an awkward position and I spam.
    Has been happening since I can remember in this expansion but not often so hqvent payed too much attention to it
    Very easy to replicate the bug.
    Spec UT, spam BT till proc, stay in melee range but turn yourself away from target. Watch how the stacks vanish when you press WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Genzoo View Post
    Very easy to replicate the bug.
    Spec UT, spam BT till proc, stay in melee range but turn yourself away from target. Watch how the stacks vanish when you press WS.
    would this be the same for RB?

edit - nope tried it gives the correct error and does not use the stack.

edit - As for the wild strike bug yep very easy to replicate, the stacks fall off without doing anything

edit - bug report submitted
    Last edited by Ryanite; 2015-08-01 at 09:26 AM.

Deleted
    wow, thats srsly retarded, dont know if it ever happend to me, but thats just realy bad design/bug

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    Yep, thats pretty similar to what I found. I was able to replicate it pretty easily on the pull with Kilrogg for that reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not adding anything, just saying that I have tested it and can confirm it's there. I've filed a bug report and tweeted the devs. Done what I can to help get this sorted out as quickly as possible.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

7+ Year Old Account
    Tested as well, 100% confirmed this is a bug. Sending a report.

It's like they don't test anything before release...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorthalis View Post
    Tested as well, 100% confirmed this is a bug. Sending a report.

It's like they don't test anything before release...
    To be fair it's a pretty obscure bug. I'd never have noticed it if not for the annoying way in which we pull Kilrogg.