CoP or AS per Boss fight HFC?

Took a short break before 6.2 and just started raiding again this week, having trouble finding which bosses are best to use which talent on, I can watch the video fights and guess but rather hear from experience.

If I go by my rankings, Cop was weak compared to what other priests ranked on High Council and Zhul'horac. I've not worked on Tyrant, Mannoroth, and Archimonde yet. For all other fights, CoP could score in the 80 percentile and higher.

I think there's some fights where both work. A few fights were CoP does really well, and a few fights where AS does really well. But point is, there's a lot of grey area imo, where you can take either/or and do alright, depending on how familiar you are with the spec and how well you can maximize it.

To sumarize:

AS Fights:
    High Council
    Xhul'horac

CoP/Grey area Fights:
    Everything else.

I'd have to look at some logs of good AS priests to see if there were any weak logs on certain fights. I can definitely tell you that the two I've listed are bad parses for CoP compared to the body of priest logs out there. The rest were fine and comparable to what everyone else is getting.

I'm not getting good parses on Iskar either, but I'm not convinced yet that this is a spec issue. It feels like my guild isn't executing this fight perfectly yet, and that's more the problem than anything else. But if I'm being fair based on my recent logs, Iskar should be added to the AS list too.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

COP is pretty undisputed on Reaver, Kormrok, and Zakuun.

It can swing either way but I like COP on Kilrogg and Gorefiend (heroic).

Assault, Council, Iskar, Socrethar, Tyrant, Xhul, Mannoroth, and Archimonde are pretty much AS fights. Plus, I guess mythic Gorefiend and Kilrogg, but I haven't done them.

Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    COP is pretty undisputed on Reaver, Kormrok, and Zakuun.

It can swing either way but I like COP on Kilrogg and Gorefiend (heroic).

Assault, Council, Iskar, Socrethar, Tyrant, Xhul, Mannoroth, and Archimonde are pretty much AS fights. Plus, I guess mythic Gorefiend and Kilrogg, but I haven't done them.
    Pretty much my thoughts as well. Kilrogg and Gorefiend seem like easy CoP choices to me on heroic, since the adds die in like 2 seconds.

For heroic I play COP on reaver/zakuun/kormrok, but they both have the same thing with gruul, with really good rng AS>COP. The gap isn't as huge because the t17 4pc/2pc combo is what made the gap huge with rng swings. Xhul/manno/arch/assault/iskar/tyrant/council/socrethar are all AS. Gorefiend/killrog depends on your raid comp really, if your group kills the spirits from gorefiend/big add that spawns extremely quickly I'd play COP, same thing with kilrog. For mythic you swap over to AS for reaver/gorefiend/kilrogg/kormrok 100%.
    Shadow Priest http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aikus/advanced
    Divine Council, my guild that is always looking for more exceptional players.

I play CoP for socrethar hc, because in P2, we have like 1 caster add up, and ghosts are dealt with by construct and hunter barrage, moonkin starfall. This makes this fight pretty much single target for the rest of the raid. I only Dot up that one caster add for ToF uptime.

It mostly depends on your raid comp.

Assault: AS, but either MB or insanity if the adds are melting very very fast.
    Iron Reaver: CoP with Insanity, you could go AS if you have a lot of crit and want to roll the RNG wheel.
    Kormrok: For heroic I recommend CoP, for Mythic I run AS, both with insanity.
    Council: AS with Mind Bender and dots for days
    Kilrogg: AS if adds will live awhile, CoP otherwise
    Gorefiend: CoP, if adds are up for awhile, dot the boss and focus adds. AS lacks the burst needed inside the stomach
    Iskar: AS if the adds live for 16 seconds or more, CoP otherwise. Insanity trumps here.
    Tyrant: AS, you could go CoP, however with the adds being alive for quite awhile AS is better for 2 target.
    Fel Lord: CoP with Insanity, this fight is almost patchwerk depending on your raid strat. I rarely have to move.
    Socrethar: AS, even if you aren't on ghost or add duty, you can still dot them and generate orbs. I've found I do more DPS doing that even with SW: P ticking less than just going CoP ST.
    X'Hul: AS, dots dots everywhere. I run Insanity, but MB is possible as up until the last phase of the fight there will always be adds up that you can dot.
    Mannoroth: AS with insanity is king here. Being able to dot up the Doom guys and Searing the imps us just to good.
    Archimonde: AS, tons of opportunities to multi dot and to much movement for CoP. I recommend Insanity because outside of a few times in the fight, you'll have time to channel it provided you position yourself properly.

For Mann/Archi, I definitely prefer mindbender, assuming you have 2pc t18. Imps die so quickly that I think 1 gcd of cascade then moving into swd sniping is sufficient. Searing insanity on them is just padlord-y, imo.
    On Archi, you're pretty much GCD capped in p2 once the adds start spawning, and there's actually a ton of movement in the fight. You may also be close to gcd capped during the infernal phases if you can safely maneuver to get dots on all 3 + Archi.
    As an added bonus for the less-experienced spriest--mindbender is faceroll gg.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...672916/latest/ Warlock logs
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...437974/latest/ Spriest logs
    Clickzzy <Akatsuki>-Kil'Jaeden Semi-hardcore progression guild.