View Poll Results: Take all dps away from healers and all self healing from dps ?

Voters
49. This poll is closed
  • YES

9 18.37%
  • NO

14 28.57%
  • Nerf it by alot

18 36.73%
  • shut up and die in a fire

8 16.33%

Self Healing / Healers doing damage

Just a question to see how people feel, not a rage or complaint forum but want to see how others think on the matter.

What do you think.. make it so healers cannot do any damage(nothing good enough to kill a dps)
    AND
    dps not able to heal themselves or sustain themselves and become live lords.

I personally don't like Holy Paladins( for example) being able to pull insane amounts of dps all while healing like no other, it seems stupid to me.

Had to vote "no". I think healers should get nerfed. They are way too strong in 2s for example (actually, i would like to remove healers from 2s but sadly that wont happen). Ferals, enh shamans and warlock healing needs to be toned down, but otherwise i'm fine with the healing other dps specs have.
    Last edited by Christhammer; 2015-07-27 at 10:30 PM.

Deleted
    No, rather just have them remove healers from pvp or atleast nerf them. maybe then i would even consider returning to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had to vote no, taking away insane dps from healers is a must and blizzard knows this but from a PvE standpoint dps specs need to have some self heal.

Then dps vs. dps selfheal needs to be balanced, druids are the clear winner in this category, combined with the massive mobility druids already have makes it even stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had to vote 'No', removing these aspects makes some things unwanted, as well as play style. It would just slow down and make some specs unwanted.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    from a PvE standpoint dps specs need to have some self heal..
    actually they don't.

and yes the game was far better when dps didn't heal for so much, as is the case with ret and other hybrids the healing is either grossly overpowered/unfun or useless.

Having self heals and damage are fine.

Everyone having gozillion everything is not fine, each classes should have unique defense mechanism

So voted nerf a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    I have been killed by healers in bgs. Should not be possible

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    dpsers healing is bad, healers dpsing is bad

i am a fan of stuff like die by sword, or dark bargin, stuff that dont really heal, but reduce dmg taken or stop damage for a while and eat it later as a tick.

before, we used to argue that healers need to dps to do dailies and stuff, now u can swap specs easy.

i hate how warlocks heal or how disc priest damage

Deleted
    I voted "no" but I think that they both need to be tuned down a bit (20/30sh % imo).

I can only really speak PvE wize, but they do need to do a re-balance pass on this stuff.

DPS should have enough self healing to keep them alive against a few opponents at once, or allow them to recover from damage with minimal downtime (Eating for 30 seconds every 10 mobs is crap, but being able to murder stuff non stop in midsized groups without ever dropping below 90% hp is also pretty stupid).

Some DPS classes are effectively immortal unless they pull WAY too much stuff at once, which shouldnt really be happening.

Most tank classes are outright broken, as once you get even fully equipped in basic LFR level gear you are practically unkillable in pve unless you pull half a zone at once, and are easily putting out damage potentially higher then a full on DPS class by virtue of being able to cleave / AoE humongous packs of stuff down that would just roll over a DPS. My Prot Paladin should not be able to kill things faster then my rogue simply because he can pull 10x as many things at once and then aoe them all down.

Healers I am not sure about, as I have never really played one, but most of them seem to be decent. They can put out enough damage to kill things without having too much downtime, but at the same time are nearly unkillable unless they overpull.

As for PvP, the game is all kinds of whacked, and trying to balance it for any kind of 1v1 would be practically impossible. Most DPS classes get the short end of the stick here, since pvp gear pretty much guarantees that unless you are one of the absolutely broken classes like a Feral Druid, you just are not going to be able to out DPS a good healers ability to heal, or out do a tank's ability to slowly kill you faster then you can slowly kill him.

you also forgot tanks self healing...

I mean ffs NONONO

lets just make the tanks only absorb damage, healers only heal, and dps only do damage, that way no one gets upset. and while we're at it, lets just combine all the classes into those three so there is no diversity.

this is what makes pvp fun. you have to deal with the different classes. find a work around, get a buddy, phone a friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    you also forgot tanks self healing...

I mean ffs NONONO

lets just make the tanks only absorb damage, healers only heal, and dps only do damage, that way no one gets upset. and while we're at it, lets just combine all the classes into those three so there is no diversity.

this is what makes pvp fun. you have to deal with the different classes. find a work around, get a buddy, phone a friend.
    Go 2v2 against double holy paladins, or 3v3 against triple.

Not much yay in there.

Just nerf it.

Healers should do max 20% dps comparing to a real DPSer numbers.

Assuming max level and gear, I sort of agree.

A healer should not be able to kill a dps.
    A dps should not be able to kill a healer.

They should just sit there and stare at each other until one of them gets help.

Lower brackets, it's a little sick. Priest can easily top both chart by a lot. I'm leveling a hpally and the first couple levels I fucking hated it, complete trash. I'm level 30 now and holy shit haha, i have all the stupid ass gimp abilities (lay on hands, immune bubble) but I can chase and shock anyone to death... I mean, stupid.

The problem is what would they do in PVE, a healer has enough trouble questing and a DPS would need some sort of reliable healing, without having to spend tons of moola on pots and food.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================