Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Checked warcraft logs again on Mythic one or two fights I see some hunters pop in. But I stand by saying yeah hunters are great busters no argument. But there isn't a single encounter where the class hunter dominates the dps charts of said classes. Mostly see mage and dk's and locks who will dominate cerain encounters. Heroic hunters always do good but if your mythic guild for the most part. As gear is aquired hunters begin to fall short overall dps wise. So for a progressing guild I can see their uses but as people figure out encounters the class itself will easily be out dpsed by those classes.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Mirror + your barrage and most things die unless your other AoE classes are bad. With that trinket, MM is pretty damn good burst AoE....sustained we'll suck.
    Good thing there are no sustained AoE fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Dphotog View Post
    Checked warcraft logs again on Mythic one or two fights I see some hunters pop in. But I stand by saying yeah hunters are great busters no argument. But there isn't a single encounter where the class hunter dominates the dps charts of said classes. Mostly see mage and dk's and locks who will dominate cerain encounters. Heroic hunters always do good but if your mythic guild for the most part. As gear is aquired hunters begin to fall short overall dps wise. So for a progressing guild I can see their uses but as people figure out encounters the class itself will easily be out dpsed by those classes.
    Who cares about DPS?

Sorry meant total damage done. Within the context of still performing duty of shiting on adds and boss.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Mirror of the Blademaster.
    Unfortunately that trinket has not dropped even once for us. Got the 4-set bonus today so that's something at least.

The biggest problem I see with Hunters, is that there is far too many of them. Not only that, but a lot of bad ones...its frustrating to see my class full of so many that don't research even the basics. The term 'Huntard' really grinds on me, but I can't blame a lot of people for thinking that's what we all are sometimes when I see what some are doing. I am not saying I am the best Hunter ever either...but I at least put some effort into knowing what I'm doing (constantly looking at things like Azo's guides etc. for the latest and greatest news). Anyway...OP; if you are going to change to Hunter main, I would suggest getting used to being called 'Huntard' until proven otherwise...but yes, we are in a good spot atm as far as performance is concerned.
    Last edited by Kavorka; 2015-07-29 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dphotog View Post
    Within the context of still performing duty of shiting on adds and boss.
    Ah, so.. The exact thing that hunters are the best at?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Mirror + your barrage and most things die unless your other AoE classes are bad. With that trinket, MM is pretty damn good burst AoE....sustained we'll suck.
    and gotta love chaining them with rapid fire

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kavorka View Post
    Anyway...OP; if you are going to change to Hunter main, I would suggest getting used to being called 'Huntard' until proven otherwise...but yes, we are in a good spot atm as far as performance is concerned.
    Embrace it, if there was a title "... the Huntard" I would wear it with pride :')
    Lol but seriously hunters get the name huntard because there's a lot of differences between them and every other class.. e.g. hunter is the only class u cant right click on the boss and not pull with an auto shot, barrage is the honey badger of moves; and honey badger dont care bout range limits and walls.

- - - Updated - - -

and yeah it's a better feeling atm to switch to enemy dmg taken on the priority targets and see you're double the next person for dmg that actually matters in the fight

The best ability to target swap to a priority add in the game. In ~100 pulls of archimonde with like 8 different groups across normal and heroic i've never lost to anyone who wasn't a MM hunter on hellfire orb and deathcaller damage, usually it's not even close.

For raw damage, people need to be geared, competent and in an often somewhat narrow selection of specs to win by a large %, depending on the fight but MM gains so much from the legendary ring, it's insane. So much more than many other specs because you can line up rapid fire and a trinket like beating heart for that 15 second burst every 2 minutes.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2015-07-29 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightspear View Post
    One of the best tiers to be a PvE hunter. We havn't been this good since t11.
    Are you high... MoP hunters were fine. Cats hunters were fine. I don't remember when top 5 dps in almost any fight is bad. Blows my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin View Post
    Are you high... MoP hunters were fine. Cats hunters were fine. I don't remember when top 5 dps in almost any fight is bad. Blows my mind.
    somebody doesn't remember being hotfixed mid tier all the time

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    No, not at all
    This doesn't mean that there is no difference between good and bad hunter. There is still a big DPS difference from hunters who play better by doing certain things, but if you want to do "ok" dps without trying that hard you can play a hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Good thing there are no sustained AoE fights.
    I'm only 3/13M so I'm curious, is mythic Xhul sustained AoE?
    Last edited by Tekslol; 2015-08-01 at 06:15 PM.

Not for hunters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not for hunters.
    In my raid at least there is a DPS difference even through relatively same gear.

I was talking about the sustained AoE thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was talking about the sustained AoE thing.
    Ah alright, thanks.