Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Filathorn View Post
    (the university Thor wrecked in Thor 2
    This would be Greenwich university. Greenwich in general is really nice, if you go from central London you can reach it via a boat (no idea on the price) or you can take the DLR (which is both cheap and quite nice to travel on.) Greenwich has a very nice, large park (straight over the road from the museum) the Cutty Sark (which will cost you to get on, no idea about price again) and a few markets and nice drinking areas. It's definitely an area of London I'd recommend, away from most of the tourist hustle and bustle but still a really nice area. Oh yeah you can also get to the Millenium Dome (or whatever the fuck its called these days) quickly from Greenwich, might have some shit worth seeing.

You have chosen the best place for your week trip. We also visited London as this was my family's long standing wish. One of my friend told me about Best Tour company. On the first day of our arrival, we booked our rooms in the hotel and after getting fresh, I made a contact with Best Tours. From next day our tour started and they provided their best guide to us. We visited British Museum, Natural Gallery, Coca Cola London, Tower of London. Overall our tour was best.

Ride that big Ferris wheel thing. Should give you a great view of the city.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    taunt the bearskins guards there.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I am from Australia. My family is insisting me to visit London on summer holidays and it is also my wish since long. One of my colleague has provided me the reference of Best Tours as they also provide Guide services. If any one has any knowledge on the subject,please let me know early.

I am pursuing medical IInd year at New York. I have also heard much about the Greenwich University from my friends who already visited there. I am planing to visit in the month of January 16. I am thinking that hiring guide for myself will be of no use. Do any one has any alternative idea. If yes, then please share.

Deleted
    I was down in our head office in the Strand yesterday for lunch with the MD of our Cement & Lime business.

I'd suggest you get a job with the company I work for and grab a free lunch when you're over.

Deleted
    Don't do tours etc except for museums, natural history is great fun, couple of special interest ones also

Instead take 2 long walks, really long walks all through the city, think of it like urban hiking

Day 1: start at westminster square house of commons, walk west down green park to buckingham palace, then north to hyde park corner, then up all the way northwest diagonally through hyde park (go through it) to notting hill, then turn east and go to queensway/bayswater, and then walk straight alongside the park until you reach marble arch and oxford street - there you will find places to eat and relax

Day 2: start at tottenham court road station (the other end of oxford street from marble arch) walk south to leicester square, then trafalgar square then onto embankment (you'll go past westminster where you started yesterday) and then walk all the way down embankment to the city, avoid the tunnel, go through bank of england etc to the Tower of London, once there go north to whitechapel/brick lane and eat curry and go to one of the bars there or in shoreditch (the cool hipster area)

Stop off wherever you want. Improvise, be spontaneous, eat random things, have a drink or two.
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2015-11-06 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted
    science museum is free and good for a few hours.

Just keep your wits about you.

London isn't what it used to be. it's filled with thieves nowadays.

the amount of dumb yanks I see who come to London and sit there counting their 'funny british money' in plain view... no wonder they end up mugged..

Deleted
    Madam Tussaud's

Tower Bridge

Westminster Abbey

National Gallery

Platform 9 3/4 (l0l xD)

London Eye (the huge ferris wheel)

Tower of London (take a tour, it's fairly interesting)

Buckingham Palace (try catching the changing of the guards)

I don't know. These are just off the top of my head Plenty of things to check out if it's your first time.

10+ Year Old Account

This is why you should go on the Eye at night. Obviously you can see Parliament and Whitehall from there, Buckingham Palace is off to the right. Few other places that I'm not sure were mentioned were Hyde Park/Kensington Palace, Notting Hill (if you're there for the last weekend of August, it'll be Carnival time!), and Windsor Castle.

Within a couple of hours on the train you can be in Manchester (yay!) or Liverpool (boo) or anything basically south of here. Go surfing in Cornwall.

Make no mistake, London itself is immense, however also very easy to get around if a bit pricey; get the Citymapper app, and it'll guide you around the Underground and Bus systems like a native.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-11-06 at 01:06 PM.

Fiesty Goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Fiesty Goat.
    Wasn't that the Man U. Hooligan bar from Eurotrip? l0l xD

I have just passed my class 12th and it is my great wish to take admission at Greenwich University. I am going to visit there in the month of February 2016 for making survey. After personally visiting there now I have made up my mind to take admission.

I have asked the above mentioned question but no body has replied it. My going time is coming near, please advise me at the earliest. Because this is my first outing from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Wasn't that the Man U. Hooligan bar from Eurotrip? l0l xD
    Yes, yes indeed

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I studied at this university for three years and I really I enjoyed here along with my studies. Being busy with my studies enjoyed only nearby areas like park. Once I have three holidays and I called my family members to have enjoy to other nearby areas. One of my friend told me that we can also take the services of Best Tours as they are one of the best touring companies and they also provide us guide. But we have not taken their services as it was not very difficult to visit nearby areas. We visited markets ,Cutty sark and Millenium Dome.