Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Want to pay for some of the $1 billion the new stadium costs? :P
    If management doesn't repeat the idiocy and sticking with said idiocy even when it is obvious to everyone else that it is idiocy.
    Then I certainly would if I had a couple of millions

For someone else not understanding what I'm on about it can be spelled out as P.O.N.D.E.R.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Is Route 66 a thing?
    if doing a driving sight seeing tour type thing, i highly suggest Route 66 for as much as you can. but it would really be dependent on where you are starting at, and where you want to end up at.

generally there is a ton of interesting sights and places to visit along Route 66.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2015-07-28 at 02:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fcc View Post
    I want to see as much nature as possible and experience the smaller towns as well as the larger ones, general culture and night life is very high on my list to do, I am thinking of allocating about 2 months to it will that be sufficent?
    It is a good thing that you want to allocate proper time since you basically want to see the most prominent cities on the E, NW, possibly S coasts as well as stunning nature of which much can be found a bit more in between.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want to start on the west coast....and no not California. Start in Oregon (we have any scenery you want, mountains,coast,desert,rain forest) loop up to our wet friend Washington up north a bit. Hang a right and go find some Idaho potatoes. From there check out Wyoming, Montana, Utah. The route no know talks about because everyone is so city focused...and rush rush rush. Two months? plenty of time to take in a lot of states. Personaly I'd stay away from the east coast :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I recommend going to New Orleans(best on Madi Gras), have some Boudin.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Start out in New Orleans, eat food, listen to music, drive though Texas just to see how big it is, go to El Paso and visit the spot where John Wesley Hardin the gunfighter was killed, walk across the border to see the Mexican side. Head to Albuquerque New Mexico to see the art scene there, eat Mexican food. Head to the Grand Canyon, really the only thing on Earth that doesn't disappoint. Then to Los Angeles and drive up the Coastal Highway to San Francisco, take in all the Silicon Valley sights.
    This is probably the best you're going to get on these forums. Except walk across the border and come right back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Is Route 66 a thing?
    Yes it most definitely is.

Originally I was planning starting in LA and going across to Miami, but it seems New Orelans is the place to start, will finding random 2-3 day work be difficult?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vegas, LA, Seattle, Minniapolis/Saint Paul (Twin Cities), Miami, New York City of course, Boston, Cape Cod, Ocean City Maryland, Virginia Beach.

Originally I was planning starting in LA and going across to Miami, but it seems New Orelans is the place to start, will finding random 2-3 day work be difficult?
    Well if you're wanting to see both coasts. Pick one to start on and then we can plan your trip for you. lol.

It will more than likely be a pain in the ass to find a 2-3 day job unless you want to do undocumented work. Which you probably won't like and it won't pay shit.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    The US is huge, you need to have plenty of time or you will just be driving from place to place and not actually experiencing it.
    About the same size as Australia. There's just a lot more stuff in it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It also depends what you want.

Thriving food scenes? Try, New Orleans as mentioned, New York City if you can afford it. Hell, pretty much any city in the US right now.

Wilderness? Rent a car and take a drive in Australia, or check New Zealand.

Random idk? Maybe Vegas. I've never had much of a good time there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    About the same size as Australia. There's just a lot more stuff in it :P
    Yeah, about 3/4ths the land aread, but with 1/600th the population. And still, much of the US is just farmland or nature.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Don't drive through new mexico or arizona unless you plan on going somewhere specific there. Or West Texas. Or most of Nevada. Wastelands with very little to see and very little to do. And west Texas particularly you won't get cell service more like than not, so you better have a good map and know how to use it (gps miiiight still work, but there's not much of anything there for people).

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    5. Stay out of florida.
    Lived in South Florida for the last 5 years, and I have to concur. Stay the fuck away unless you want the old, the boring, the drug-addicted, and the crazy (sometimes all 4 in 1!).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The big sightseeing things are subjective person to person. I think Niagara Falls is amazing, but ask 10 other people you'll get 5 who said it was incredible and 5 who are like meh it was ok but nothing special.

St. Louis Arc
    Grand Canyon
    Niagara Falls
    Statue of Liberty/NYC/9-11 Memorial
    (lesser known one) Meteor Crater in Arizona
    etc.

Or just wing it and play it by ear. As for scenery, the deserts in the Southwest, Mountains in the West, the fall season when the leaves change colors in the NorthEast. The Southern US is always fun too. New Mexico/Kansas-Oklahoma-Nerbraska/the Dakotas, parts of Texas, Wyoming, those are the areas that are without much to see that can be very boring to drive through. But like the above, for some folks fields of wheat or barley flowing in the wind are beautiful, so it's all up to you and what you're interested in. Like others said, highly recommend New Orleans for food and drink. Las Vegas can be fun (and expensive), but it's just as fun as you make it. Visiting Florida is fine, you just wouldn't want to live there. It's kind of the strange relative at a family reunion of the US. As for big cities like Detroit, Chicago, LA, St. Louis, etc. ask around to find the areas to go or not to go. Take a wrong turn in any of those cities and you may find yourself in a heap (heap) of trouble. There are parts of Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis where even police don't go anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    1. Stay out of the south side of chicago.
    2. Watch out for cops in Kansas.
    3. Make sure you have a full tank of gas in vegas.
    4. The Dakotas are pretty, but not a ton going on.
    5. Stay out of florida.
    I live in Tampa Florida and second this lol

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Lived in South Florida for the last 5 years, and I have to concur. Stay the fuck away unless you want the old, the boring, the drug-addicted, and the crazy (sometimes all 4 in 1!).
    More like stay out of everything that isn't South Beach.

I was always under the impression that Florida was peaceful for the most part, apparently I was mistaken!

Keep in mind the time of year this trip is expected, people have been freaking out about how long winter has stuck around for the last several years. Family on Colorado had randomly fresh snow very very late in spring. Yellowstone may not have much open, but Yosemite Valley is open year round.

Things on the West Coast are a lot further apart than things on the East Coast. The scenery in the Southwest may not be all that impressive to someone from Australia. Coming from a place full of dust, rocks, and scrub brush, I enjoy places with trees and actual greenery - so Oregon's gorgeous to me (West), but so is Vermont (East, where Ben & Jerry's ice cream comes from, but I don't even know if you get that in Australia).

Seems like the right time of year to try seeing the Japanese Cherry Blossoms in the Washington D.C. area.

If you were interested in a ridiculous American version of a Renaissance Festival, the one in AZ ends March 27th, just east of Phoenix (it's a month and a half long). I'm unaware of any other events at that point in the year, though.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Things on the West Coast are a lot further apart than things on the East Coast. The scenery in the Southwest may not be all that impressive to someone from Australia. Coming from a place full of dust, rocks, and scrub brush, I enjoy places with trees and actual greenery - so Oregon's gorgeous to me (West), but so is Vermont (East, where Ben & Jerry's ice cream comes from, but I don't even know if you get that in Australia).
    LA's desert/shrubbery did still feel very different to Australian vegetation... until I spotted the important eucalypts. Georgia was great for seeing sheer greenery on a scale that you just don't get in Aus. I didn't see much else though as we were mostly over to hang out with family in Georgia.

And yeah, we get Ben & Jerry's here. One of my occasional weekend dirty pleasures.