Deleted

Returning after long time, no Ascended gear - problem?

Hello all,

I decided to dust off my GW2 account before the expansion. I stopped playing when the Bazaar of four winds first came, so that was almost 2 years ago or something haha.

My gear is full exotic + Ascended jewelry (all Berserker ofc), aka BiS back then. While I was gone, they added new tier of armor+weapons - also Ascended. Is there a big difference in stats between exotic and ascended? Will I struggle to get invited into dungeon groups in my current gear?

Also, it seems that the ascended armor and weapons can only be crafted, and they are BoP, correct? Because I couldn't find any on the AH. Have they made any changes to crafting, to make it easier to level up? I never got any crafting proff above 100 or something, because of all those shitty rare components needed - all those bloods and teeth and stuff, I cba constantly going to Google to check where does it drop... So when I found any, I just sold them on AH, I wasn't interested in crafting a legendary, and all BiS gear back then could be bought for gold/dungeon tokens...

Ty for replies

Ascended gear is only a slight increase in stats. It isn't required or needed, just a long term goal. You need 500 crafting in w/e crafting you need to craft the armor.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Ascended gear is not needed at all

You only need ascended gear if you are going to do hardcore fractals. Otherwise, your exotics are just fine.

Were it not for the DPS requirements in timed encounters I am certain you could play GW2 naked and never really notice a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Were it not for the DPS requirements in timed encounters I am certain you could play GW2 naked and never really notice a difference.
    Depending on how good you were at avoiding things.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    You only need ascended gear if you are going to do hardcore fractals. Otherwise, your exotics are just fine.
    Depends on how good you are, but you can acquire enough agony resist without ascended armor to do high end fractals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ascended is just a lame grind to do higher difficulty levels of the same content for the same shit rng rewards

Was never worth it until they announced that you can change their stats in the forge in HoT, so they're kinda psuedo-legendary gear now I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Depends on how good you are, but you can acquire enough agony resist without ascended armor to do high end fractals.
    How? You need ascender items to get agony resist. Personally, I never cared for crafting, but I still have full ascended accessories and a weapon.

How? You need ascender items to get agony resist. Personally, I never cared for crafting, but I still have full ascended accessories and a weapon.
    You can get sufficient agony resist from ascended accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    with regular ascended accesories + backpiece you can get just fine up to fotm 29 (30 AR), weapons and armors can be obtained on tequatl/wurm, if you infuse your rings then you can get at least +7 or +8 just by getting up to that level, that means +15 AR (total 45 AR), rising your cap for fotm up to lvl 39, then its quite possible to get armor/weapon chest drops for your character meaning an extra +5 AR (total 50 AR) that will allow you to do fotm 40-49 (40 would be messy considering the agony damage at 6% per tick).

If you get an ascended weapon at 30+ then you can totally just spam fotm 40-49 to get armor chests (around 10%~ droprate)
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Agony resist doesn't have a cap. You can infuse a piece for plus 5 by default and then socket a plus 20 if you're rich or grind enough. You also don't need to get your AR to reduce damage to 1% as long as you get yourself back up

- - - Updated - - -

I said armor specificly not accessories

Deleted
    Asc weapons make a difference, in stats they are the same as legendary. Asc armor is not that important unless you are frac heavy and need agony resistance.

10+ Year Old Account
    asc weap gets around the same relevance than the asc armor gets, around 5% upgrade for your stats and the damage increase isn't a really huge boon compared to what good players can do.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

It's a nice goal to work for, but you certainly dont "need" it to do endgame activities like explorables, fractals, world bosses, events, and wvw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    You can get sufficient agony resist from ascended accessories.
    ^ Truth

The accessories are easy to get with laurels and guild comms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    asc weap gets around the same relevance than the asc armor gets, around 5% upgrade for your stats and the damage increase isn't a really huge boon compared to what good players can do.
    Yeah, ascended gear is really just "I would like an infusion slot here". If you can upgrade yourself to exotics, you're pretty much set.

Deleted
    Dont worry to much about it