Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Just curious... Do you think "swatters" have committed no wrong with their actions? Calling the police and reporting a fake crime so a SWAT team raids a place...
    Well there is intent behind that one...
    Claiming she called the police intending for them to be run over by random cars in the course of their investigation is a bit out there.
    So, I answered your question, what about mine? Wanna have a go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Well there is intent behind that one...
    Claiming she called the police intending for them to be run over by random cars in the course of their investigation is a bit out there.
    So, I answered your question, what about mine? Wanna have a go?
    Intent in what regard...? Swatters aren't trying to kill anyone, they send police on a wild goose chase...

What did this woman do again?

Deleted
    Intent in what regard...? Swatters aren't trying to kill anyone, they send police on a wild goose chase...

Intent is the wrong thing to look at, the swatters are responsible because of foreseeability. intent and foreseeability, the difference between homicide and neglicent homecide and in the absence of both just plain bad luck.

The wrong in that case would be making them raid a place, thus wasting money and violating the rights of the owners of the place, maybe putting said owners in danger because of the raid, if there are any present.

"What did this woman do again?" Read the OP.

If the police had injured someone they suspected to be the one supposedly she called about, then yes, that would have been her responsibilty, but a random traffic accident that can happen anywhere, anytime? That could have happened to him somewhere else just as well, and maybe there would have been more deaths then?
    (And if it wasn't a random own, but a case of the officer "hiding on the street" or some such, then maybe there should have been some precautions taken?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aybar View Post
    Intent is the wrong thing to look at, the swatters are responsible because of foreseeability. intent and foreseeability, the difference between homicide and neglicent homecide and in the absence of both just plain bad luck.
    Yes.
    I didn't understand him to mean a raid involving deaths, because I don't live in the US and deaths aren't the first thing I think about when I hear of police raids.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2015-07-29 at 11:53 AM. Reason: clarifiying

Quote Originally Posted by Aybar View Post
    but the problem here is this outcome was very foreseeable

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    but the problem here is this outcome was very foreseeable
    Which one? The traffic accident?
    No more foreseeable than it would have been forseeable anywhere else the police officer could have been on (outdoor) duty instead.

Which one? The traffic accident?
    No more foreseeable than it would have been forseeable anywhere else the police officer could have been on (outdoor) duty instead.
    no more likely yes but there is a big difference between sending someone for a legitimate search and sending them on a wild goose chase

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Whats barbaric is that a police officer is dead because some fucktard filed a false report.
    Not becuase some fucktard was in the shoulder?

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    no more likely yes but there is a big difference between sending someone for a legitimate search and sending them on a wild goose chase
    Sure, and there are laws against that and punishments stated in those laws and those should not depend on chance.

He could have died in a traffic accident anytime he was in public, that had nothing to do with the case at hand.
    She sent them to a "wooded area", not on a interstate highway or something with high chance for traffic accidents.

You clearly hate police officers? Otherwise you wouldn't use this click bait titles.

She is responsible for this, she filed a false report which led to the death of a beloved father.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    You clearly hate police officers? Otherwise you wouldn't use this click bait titles.

She is responsible for this, she filed a false report which led to the death of a beloved father.
    So she was driving a car and hit him?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    morn then one person can be at fault

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Without her false report he wouldn't get hit by that car.

Without her false report he wouldn't get hit by that car.
    If he wasn't hired as a cop, he wouldn't have been hit by a car.

Sue the force.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    If he wasn't hired as a cop, he wouldn't have been hit by a car.

Sue the force.
    Was his cop job just a fake? Can't compare a legit thing with a false report.

Was his cop job just a fake? Can't compare a legit thing with a false report.
    He wouldn't have been there if they didn't hire him as a cop and dispatch them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    He wouldn't have been there if they didn't hire him as a cop and dispatch them there.
    Hiring someone to be a cop isn't a felony, or for that matter against the law in any way. How many ridiculous attempts at a comparison are you going to make before you understand what felony murder actually is?

The same would have been true if there had been a criminal, would she still be responsible then? (Just curious.)
    No, because her report would have been real, so she would not have intended to needlessly put any lives in danger (along with wasting resources, not to mention indirectly putting others' lives in danger by tying up emergency services).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    before you understand what felony murder actually is?
    As I put above, she has not been nor was ever going to be charged with felony murder. She is not directly culpable for the officer's death per se.

The fact is putting out a search in a wooded area near a highway is going to have some inherent danger, one of which is indeed a traffic accident. She caused that search to happen, both putting people in danger, wasting resources, and tying up emergency services to happen for no reason other than to try to bullshit her way out of her crime of running from police, which I guess she was trying to run from some dumb traffic ticket. That's already a felony, the fact that someone did die just amplified the sentence.

Then take into account the fact that she's already societal scum (i.e. massive amounts of repeat offense) and yeah, the hammer is going to and should come down on her.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2015-07-29 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    As I put above, she has not been nor was ever going to be charged with felony murder. She is not directly culpable for the officer's death per se.

The fact is putting out a search in a wooded area near a highway is going to have some inherent danger, one of which is indeed a traffic accident. She caused that search to happen, both putting people in danger, wasting resources, and tying up emergency services to happen for no reason other than to try to bullshit her way out of her crime of running from police, which I guess she was trying to run from some dumb traffic ticket. That's already a felony, the fact that someone did die just amplified the sentence.

Then take into account the fact that she's already societal scum (i.e. massive amounts of repeat offense) and yeah, the hammer is going to and should come down on her.
    I understand all that. My comment was about Dextroden and his absurd attempts at comparing this case with all the other nonsense he came up with.