Thread: UN Peacekeepers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    It's bad cops. Not every cop is bad, and good cops get zero publicity, and yea a lot of times you see these brutality exploits it's not the whole story.
    When I see 10 cops beating 1 unarmed compliant man into the ground, I don't need to know "the whole story." Or "what the guy did to deserve it."

I need to know every one of those cops is going to be fired and put in jail. (which of course never happens)

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/10/us/cal...olice-beating/

10+ Year Old Account
    Why involve the peacekeepers? You, Commander Shepard, can keep us safe alone!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

It's bad cops. Not every cop is bad, and good cops get zero publicity, and yea a lot of times you see these brutality exploits it's not the whole story.
    It's also cops looking at their shoes when asked how certain things could happen or keep happening. Silence over or even defending the bad cops is going to look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's also cops looking at their shoes when asked how certain things could happen or keep happening. Silence over or even defending the bad cops is going to look bad.
    I agree it's a problem, but not all cops are like that. The majority aren't. There obviously needs to be better training, or just better hires.

I agree it's a problem, but not all cops are like that. The majority aren't. There obviously needs to be better training, or just better hires.
    I'm 100% certain the "majority" of cops are in fact just like that.

They don't turn on each other. They don't uphold the law if it's another officer breaking it. Across the board, the barrel is rotten as fuck, and has been for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I'm 100% certain the "majority" of cops are in fact just like that.

They don't turn on each other. They don't uphold the law if it's another officer breaking it. Across the board, the barrel is rotten as fuck, and has been for a long time.
    I just don't see that. Perhaps you mean to blame the laws more then the actual cops doing they're job? Or the gov, but the majority of cops are like that? I doubt it. It's used to get views in media because it's a hot topic. That's why you see so much of it, but the amount of bad cases vs every cop in the United States? That's a pretty bold claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    While that is true and the police is at least not involved in mass-assassination for corrupt politicians and openly works together with crime syndicates, it's also not like one should ignore it because of the "elsewhere it's worse" fallacy.

Edit: There is no legitimate reason for UN peacekeepers though, but you still need to fix this issue.
    I believe we need to have an honest discussion about use of force during policing. I believe police do need to reigned in (right now they can shoot you and claim they felt a threat to their lives, which is why we need to put a line, where court can consider at situation there is a reasonable feeling of threat to their lives). But I am against making police work completely by the book as LIBERALS want. I have experienced what happens when law enforcers are bound by red tape, when criminals don't give a shit. I want police to be strong. I want police to be able to bend the rules, while not completely break it. Police need to be feared, at the end of the day LAWS are enforced through threat of force. If the force is brought in from time to time, the laws are meaningless.

I just don't see that. Perhaps you mean to blame the laws more then the actual cops doing they're job? Or the gov, but the majority of cops are like that? I doubt it. It's used to get views in media because it's a hot topic. That's why you see so much of it, but the amount of bad cases vs every cop in the United States? That's a pretty bold claim.
    Well, no. There is a rather noticeable "Don't turn on your brothers" vibe to cops.

And you can usually see cops breaking traffic laws that would net the citizenry tickets. That's always disheartening.

When I see 10 cops beating 1 unarmed compliant man into the ground, I don't need to know "the whole story." Or "what the guy did to deserve it."

I need to know every one of those cops is going to be fired and put in jail. (which of course never happens)

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/10/us/cal...olice-beating/
    well, I need to know it. If the guy say was caught molesting children, I need to know why they did not kill the person in the spot. Because if they are taken, there will be cost jury, judge, and then release in to public at tax payers expanse. Best to kill the trash right then and there. For less severe, I would agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Well, no. There is a rather noticeable "Don't turn on your brothers" vibe to cops.

And you can usually see cops breaking traffic laws that would net the citizenry tickets. That's always disheartening.
    Trying to protect each other naturally. If the justice system doesn't step in appropriately. Then that would be a problem sure, but I wouldn't for a second think they wouldn't try and defend each other.

I'm not aware of any writing in normal laws that specifically states police officers don't have to obey them, but if that's the problem then sure we can just blame the laws.

And just because you choose to ignore something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The blue line is very real. Cops in this country do not enforce the law when other cops are the ones breaking it. Don't be a reality denier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    well, I need to know it. If the guy say was caught molesting children, I need to know why they did not kill the person in the spot. Because if they are taken, there will be cost jury, judge, and then release in to public at tax payers expanse. Best to kill the trash right then and there. For less severe, I would agree with you.
    Why bother with trials for anyone? Why bother with judges or juries?

Judge Dredd all the way. Executions handed out for being stupid and poor, and looking at me funny.

Utopia.

I'd imagine you'd end up with a lot of dead Peacekeepers.

Trying to protect each other naturally. If the justice system doesn't step in appropriately. Then that would be a problem sure, but I wouldn't for a second think they wouldn't try and defend each other.
    There in lies the issue. Trust the good cops. They aren't directly fucking you over. Just making sure the bad cops can keep fucking you over by keeping it quiet.

I'm not aware of any writing in normal laws that specifically states police officers don't have to obey them, but if that's the problem then sure we can just blam eht laws.

And just because you choose to ignore something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The blue line is very real. Cops in this country do not enforce the law when other cops are the ones breaking it. Don't be a reality denier.

- - - Updated - - -

Why bother with trials for anyone? Why bother with judges or juries?

Judge Dredd all the way. Executions handed out for being stupid and poor, and looking at me funny.

Utopia.
    I didn't say it doesn't exist. Everyone is well aware of it unless one lives under a rock, but I just don't think it's the proposed 100% of cops stated earlier. That's just a tad one sided. Have to remember there's two sides.

Such a sickening attitude. Why bother with judge and jury when we already have a police force to handle the proceedings. Better not be caught jaywalking or that's a bullet to the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Such a sickening attitude. Why bother with judge and jury when we already have a police force to handle the proceedings. Better not be caught jaywalking or that's a bullet to the eye.
    for cases like Jaywalking, there is judge and jury. But cases where there is video tape evidence of killing or raping or shooting like the guy who shot up the movie theater, Judge and Jury is irrelevant as There is VIDEO proof of them doing the crime. At that point just execution saves resources. Why would any criminal given retrial when proof of the crime is in video?

10+ Year Old Account
    for cases like Jaywalking, there is judge and jury. But cases where there is video tape evidence of killing or raping or shooting like the guy who shot up the movie theater, Judge and Jury is irrelevant as There is VIDEO proof of them doing the crime. At that point just execution saves resources. Why would any criminal given retrial when proof of the crime is in video?
    Because jurors are not infallible, nor are police.

And the death penalty should be banned anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    I'd imagine you'd end up with a lot of dead Peacekeepers.
    Essentially, American's would not take kindly to foreign forces under any flag, UN included, policing us. We wouldn't even try to hide that either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because jurors are not infallible, nor are police.

And the death penalty should be banned anyway.
    Juries arenot infallable but videos ARE. Why should death penalty be banned if there are video proof, genetic info. Proof, or caught in the act? You can not argue death penalty is against the consituition of the u.s. when death penalty is prescribed for treason in specific word in the constitution.

Juries arenot infallable but videos ARE. Why should death penalty be banned if there are video proof, genetic info. Proof, or caught in the act? You can not argue death penalty is against the consituition of the u.s. when death penalty is prescribed for treason in specific word in the constitution.
    Video isn't even close to infallible either.

Video misses plenty of things. Video can be edited. "We're just gonna show you the 'important bits'."

Assuming video evidence is infallible or doesn't require context is very dangerous when you're talking about deciding the rest of someone's life. Though, not if you don't give a shit about other people, or society in general, I guess.