Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP you do realize that there are million of people that don't watch any sort of TV, movie, podcast, etc, right? Some people still don't have electricity in this world, let alone the means to watch sci fi and fantasy shows and movies. As it is with all the channels that I current have at my disposal. I barely watch more than the local news in the morning and I might scan a bit before going to bed. I spend far more my day doing others things these days.

I am not really sure the point of this thread or your post, other than it seems that you are taking the opportunity to slam on someone that is nothing like yourself. How original giving the billions of people that live on the earth today. I am sure many of them are nothing like you or Mr. Chalmers.

Space opera should return to TV!
    Last edited by CmdrShep2154; 2015-09-07 at 12:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you sound pretty close minded yourself. Just because he doesn't like a certain genre doesn't mean he is a bad person.

Anyways I don't take anything Fox says to heart. Fox is a well known laughing stock of the media world. If you don't know that by now I feel sorry for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

10+ Year Old Account
    what is the point of this thread...?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Sooo, anyone who has an opinion contrary to yours, is "not open minded"?

On a side topic, its important to be open minded, but make sure its not so open the brain just falls off. "too much open minded" is a thing as well.
    I like to say "being too open-minded can leave you empty-headed."

Keep an open mind, but have a filter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Open minded now means agreeing with everything I say.

Im not... sure if I follow, so he isn't open minded because his taste in entertainment doesnt include sci-fi and fantasy?
    One could argue that those keep a person infantile instead of focused on reality, see I can also make senseless statements out of no where >_>

If we made him go to a comic book and video game convention would he freak out? If we made him watch a space opera movie or TV show would he fall asleep?

Are people like him the reason why we don't have a show on TV right now that involves spaceships?

Where have the viewers of Star Trek, Babylon 5, Firefly, and BSG gone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say these days pretty much all males under 30 play video games.
    Citation needed

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    what is the point of this thread...?
    There is no point. The OP is just bitching about a random person's taste in television shows, and he keeps bumping the thread every couple of weeks. I'm surprised it hasn't been closed yet.