[Holy] Play style of the holy paladin in WoD

Hey! I just wanna ask you guys how you feel the holy paladin is regarding both playstyle and raid viability. Used to main my holy paladin for 2-3 years back in wrath. But to my understanding, a lot as changed, we we're no longer the holy light spammers :P

Considering rolling back to my paladin to heal. but I just want some input on how it feels, and how its been the past few years? Any major changes in WoD etc? Also, how are we doing in HFC atm?

Holy is very easy to play and very powerful, at least 1 holy paladin has been pretty much mandatory for both tiers this xpac (double beacon healing on tanks). You rarely see more than 1 though as it's better to have a different style of healer than 2 hpals (unless desperate).

Pros: Really strong single target and "cleave" via beacon healing, never goes oom.

Cons: Boring healing "rotation", no sustained aoe healing, no instant aoe healing other than Holy Prism.. bad on the move.

Get ready to

Holy Shock, Holy Light, Holy Light
    Holy Shock, Holy Light, Eternal Flame
    ..repeat for the whole fight
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2015-07-28 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnorZ View Post
    Holy is very easy to play and very powerful, at least 1 holy paladin has been pretty much mandatory for both tiers this xpac (double beacon healing on tanks). You rarely see more than 1 though as it's better to have a different style of healer than 2 hpals (unless desperate).

Pros: Really strong single target and "cleave" via beacon healing, never goes oom.

Cons: Boring healing "rotation", no sustained aoe healing, no instant aoe healing other than Holy Prism.. bad on the move.

Get ready to

QFT.

It's a shame that our level 100 talent never changes (Beacon of Faith) and our level 90 one stays the same 99% of the time (on Holy Prism)...and even then it's only to Light's Hammer.

In my opinion, holy paladin's healing style feels very dull (to me)

I remember early-Cataclysm Holy Radiance was a little bit more exciting -- It was much more on par with druid's Wild Growth as to how the healing was distributed. Their Light of Dawn spell also had a cone heal effect which was pretty interesting as well..

While I don't think holy is a bad spec, I definitely think there's things Blizzard can do to make it more enjoyable. =)

Quote Originally Posted by RagnorZ View Post

Get ready to

You're doing it wrong.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Deleted
    Better than Mop 5.4, worse than cata T11/12 playstyle.

Still better than spamming FoL all day.