[Megathread] Dragon Quest XI:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/28/90...est-xi-ps4-3ds

Dragon Quest XI will be coming to the PS4 and the 3DS, and surprisingly the NX.

- - - Updated - - -

3DS gameplay footage:

- - - Updated - - -

PS4 gamplay footage:

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet! Fucking love Dragon Quest, one of the last true turn based RPG, which pretty much means I HAVE to buy it . But seeing as I cannot stand the 3/DS I've not been able to pick one up since the ps2, glad to see it's returning to Sony!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

ARGH

more money to spend.

I played all the DS remakes and had a lot of fun. This won't be different.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I wish they ported more to NA. I hated Dragon Warrior 1, my dad bought it because it was $5. I loved everything about 3, disliked 4's auto play. Don't know what to think of 7.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks really good, even the 3DS version gives me hope. I am still waiting for the remake of 7 to come west, since it is the only installment of Dragon Quest that I haven't played aside from 10 which was a Japan only MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Looks really good, even the 3DS version gives me hope. I am still waiting for the remake of 7 to come west, since it is the only installment of Dragon Quest that I haven't played aside from 10 which was a Japan only MMO.
    They were all ported?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they give a rough launch date? NX hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this comes over here, I'm getting the both the 3DS and NX versions. Game is looking great!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    They were all ported?!
    Dragon Quest 4, 5 and 6 were all remade for the DS originally, I have them all actually. 9 was the new game and was fantastic, probably one of the better selling games in the series in North America from what I recall. Dragon Warrior Monsters (aka Dragon Quest Monsters) Terry's Wonderland was remade for the 3DS about 3 years ago and only released in Japan, same goes for DQM 2: Cobi's Journey and Tara's Adventure which were released in Japan about a year and a half ago. I wasn't aware that they were remaking 8 for the 3DS though, but 7 is the one I want because it is the one I haven't played yet in English. I played the original trilogy on the Gameboy when I was a kid though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Did they give a rough launch date? NX hype.
    Zero indications given, or if it is even going to get released outside of Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Dragon Quest 4, 5 and 6 were all remade for the DS originally, I have them all actually. 9 was the new game and was fantastic, probably one of the better selling games in the series in North America from what I recall. Dragon Warrior Monsters (aka Dragon Quest Monsters) Terry's Wonderland was remade for the 3DS about 3 years ago and only released in Japan, same goes for DQM 2: Cobi's Journey and Tara's Adventure which were released in Japan about a year and a half ago. I wasn't aware that they were remaking 8 for the 3DS though, but 7 is the one I want because it is the one I haven't played yet in English. I played the original trilogy on the Gameboy when I was a kid though.
    I have 7 but life got too busy to play. Played 1, 3, 4 on nes. I wish they would go back to 3's style and let you make your own classes.