Deleted

WW HFC Mythic Talents

Since we already got a thread for hc talents, I thought I'd just share, what talents/trinkets i used in mythic progression.

Assault: Chi Burst, rest is ffa, depending on whether you wanna focus adds down or mindlessly cleave them to appear on top of the meter, you decide.

Reaver: Chi Wave, Xuen, Serenity, Chi Brew, soul cap/class trinket

Kormrok: Chi Burst, Xuen, Serenity, Chi Brew, class trinket/soul cap/mirror otb (depending on whether you lack hand dmg or not)

Council: Chi Burst, Xuen, Serenity, Chi Brew, class trinket/soul cap/mirror otb

Kilrogg: Chi Burst, Xuen, Serenity, Chi Brew, class trinket/soul cap (mirror otb when you go down or just want a safe option)

Gorefiend: Chi Burst, Xuen, Serenity, Chi Brew, class trinket/malicious censer (DONT use soul cap, your gonna have to get ppl out of his stomach and a proc will probably need to get canceled...)

Iskar: Chi Burst, Xuen/RJW, Chi Explo, Ascension, mirror otb//class trinket/soul cap (chi explo can carry the raid in intermissions; dont know about rjw, not really needed to kill off the small adds...)

Socrethar: do what you want, this boss is easier than heroic, just dont mess your kick up!

Zakuun: Chi Wave, Xuen, Serenity, Chi Brew, class trinket/soul cap (pretty straight forward, try to keep diffuse and zen med for soaking in p3)

Xhul'horac: Chi Burst, RJW, Chi Explo, Ascension, mirror otb/class trink/MC (RJW is OP, since your gonna have 3 adds up all the time at some point, just kick and kill all the imps ^.^)

Tyrant: Chi Burst, Xuen, Chi Explo, Ascension, class trink/MC (depending on if you really need the boss dmg in p2, switch to serenity, but the boss dmg gain will be minor, whilst not doing any dmg to the add; soul cap and mirror otb unusable on this fight, since they are baseline useless in p3)

Mannoroth: have been playing tank for the most part but heres what i found out from my few tries as dps... Chi Burst, Xuen and mirror otb are a must have; Chi Explo pulls ahead in p1 and p2, since your gonna constantly have doom lords/infernals up to cleave, I'd probably go with serenity, just for the sake of making phase 3 easier and your also not gonna be cleaving as much in later phases.

Archimonde: still testing, Chi Explo seems to pull ahead dmg wise and will also be better in p2, dont know anything about p3 and may end up playing serenity, just for more focus dmg; for trinkets im mostly using the class trinket and mirror otb

As a general info: I seem to consistantly have more succes with Chi explo, when im using the class trinket, even though it is simmed lower than e.g. MC.
    Maybe something is bugged with the simulations, since (at least in the beginning) it wasnt supposed to procc your 2 piece.
    I also never used something else than diffuse magic this tier and couldnt think of a fight, where dampen harm would be better.

Deleted
    Cheers man! Now if only Rai, Snarf, Opfotmjr and the rest of the WW-posse could share what they used so we could get some discussions going!

Deleted
    I will make a blog about ww in hfc after I'm done with archimonde

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rait View Post
    I will make a blog about ww in hfc after I'm done with archimonde
    Gz mate, now start blogging ; )!

Deleted
    How's the blog going Rai? Would love to read it.

For a rather direct question though how did you do so much damage on zakuun and reaver with chi ex? I thought serenity was the best single target talent hands down. Or is there some unknown haste cap to reach in order to make chi ex stronger?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn-eu View Post
    How's the blog going Rai? Would love to read it.

For a rather direct question though how did you do so much damage on zakuun and reaver with chi ex? I thought serenity was the best single target talent hands down. Or is there some unknown haste cap to reach in order to make chi ex stronger?
    I tried all week to replicate anything close to his numbers both in game, in raid, and in sims and was totally unable. I will be the first to say I'm not that strong with CX on single target, specially with the 4pc and SDI, but I got the ring this week and saw my DPS go down setting up for full CX with haste enchants. I found myself not using EB on cooldown and almost never using my t30 talent except for Chi Burst due to having excess energy.

I'd love some insight into how doing 80k with CX is possible when all signs and sims point to it not.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this blog I am hearing about? I would like to read it.