Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    next i hope we see a giant satue of Cthulhu in the waters of providence RI. then we'll be having fun haha

Can you put a Christian statue in a public place like that?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by The Battleguard View Post
    Actually Beelzebuz and Pazuzu are demons wholesale.

Both are demons of wind and disease in Mesopotamian mythology.

As in where the word in the Abhramic religion gets the term demon from.
    Beelzebub comes from Baal-Zephon and Baal'Hadad, Baal being an ancient term for gods. This one refers specifically to the god of storms and agriculture. The mesopotamians did what the christians did - they took the name of a god from a rival religion and associated it with evil.

Even Pazuzu as a demon is a far cry from the western (christian) idea of demons. He is really more of a semi-evil spirit, he was even considered to be a protector of humanity.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2015-07-28 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Even Pazuzu as a demon is a far cry from the western (christian) idea of demons. He is really more of a semi-evil spirit.
    Oh he's still an evil spirit of Wind and Disease..... Just he wards away storms and Disease.... because he hates other evil spirits....

Awesome. I want one.

Looking forward to the outrage it causes, if any.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Awesome. I want one.

Looking forward to the outrage it causes, if any.
    It's a Baphomet statue. People are going to be chomping at the bit for a chance to be outraged.

Next time they should do something called the jesus slayer an idol of our beloved baphomet
    slaying the incarnation of the celestial overlord.

Maybe that will stop them from putting their 10 commandments everywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's a Baphomet statue. People are going to be chomping at the bit for a chance to be outraged.
    I can't tell who is more pathetic in either case.

The conservetards who will gnash at an idol they know nothing about or the neo-liberal douches backing a religious edifice while whining about them everywhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkari View Post
    Next time they should do something called the jesus slayer an idol of our beloved baphomet
    slaying the incarnation of the celestial overlord.

Maybe that will stop them from putting their 10 commandments everywhere.
    Or maybe people should sort of understand why the 10 commandments are often shown in front of courts of law.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkari View Post
    slaying the incarnation of the celestial overlord..
    Lucifer is God's angel, why would Lucifer want to slay God?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The conservetards who will gnash at an idol they know nothing about or the neo-liberal douches backing a religious edifice while whining about them everywhere else.
    The irony is hilarious. The whole point of the statue is to point out how ridiculous it is to have no issue with certain religions but lose their shit at others.

The fact you're rustled by a insignificant factor is the first of many laughs I expect from this.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe people should sort of understand why the 10 commandments are often shown in front of courts of law.
    I've got two modes on this. Either NOTHING religious goes up. Or EVERYTHING religious goes up.

We really could use statues of Bacchus at bars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Baphomet isn't Lucifer though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a nice looking statue. Too bad Christian extremists are going to desecrate this thing, eventually.
    They don't appear to be overly concerned with that. To quote one of the guy's behind it "wouldn’t expect these outraged and nearly insensible reactionaries to actually know how to assault a bronze monument without severely hurting themselves in the process."

Can you put a Christian statue in a public place like that?
    By the federal constitution, yes, but only if you allow everyone else to put up their own religious statues next to it. Hence why they made this thing.

Though by the Oklahoma constitution, no, so the satanists' are needing to figure out where to put it now. Their current plan seems to be Arkansas.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    The irony is hilarious. The whole point of the statue is to point out how ridiculous it is to have no issue with certain religions but lose their shit at others.

The fact you're rustled by a insignificant factor is the first of many laughs I expect from this.
    The fact that you think I am actually rustled about a goatbirdman statue shows realms of how little you know about Irony or sarcasm. ANYONE getting opinionated heavily on this issue are pathetic as each other.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got two modes on this. Either NOTHING religious goes up. Or EVERYTHING religious goes up.

We really could use statues of Bacchus at bars.
    Exactly my point. Especially the fact that I may reaffirm is that the 10 commandments are a symbol of Law as much as the blind liberty is.

There are loads of takes on God and Lucifer, one exists where Lucifer actually created everything and God usurped him and tricked the world into thinking otherwise.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The fact that you think I am actually rustled about a goatbirdman statue shows realms of how little you know about Irony or sarcasm. ANYONE getting opinionated heavily on this issue are pathetic as each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly my point. Especially the fact that I may reaffirm is that the 10 commandments are a symbol of Law as much as the blind liberty is.
    You're the one crying about not having the demon you want for several posts.

Deleted
    Lucifer was the only angel who had the balls to say "no" to God, the only angel who had the ambition to become as powerful as, or more powerful than God. For this reason he was cast out of Heaven.

Imagine it being like a tyrannical reign of government. God is the government. Lucifer is following the "American Dream", saying "I want to be rich, as well!" However, the tyrannical government has Lucifer under it's heel. So, like any good citizen, Lucifer takes up arms and rises up against the tyrannical government.

Lucifer might not necessarily want to kill God out of hatred, but he might want to overthrow God, as citizens would overthrow a tyrannical government, out of necessity.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? I didn't know keeping the Sabbath holy was a law. And which god am I not allowed to have others before?

10+ Year Old Account
    That statue seems pretty chilled out for something that is supposed to be representation of Satanism.

Even Lucifer isn't beyond redemption. Or is he?

-- Capt. Copeland