Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

UK Police May Not Attend Burglaries

Interesting topic popped up today in the UK news from the National Police Chief's Council regarding burglaries.

The public should not expect to see a police officer after crimes such as burglary, the head of the new National Police Chiefs' Council has said.

Sara Thornton told the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire budget cuts and the changing nature of criminality meant police in England and Wales had to prioritise.

She said it "could be" that if an iPad was stolen from a home an officer would not come round to investigate.
    Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33676308

Certainly shows how much the police are struggling with all the budget cuts at the moment if they cant even deploy officers to deal with a burglary, In the year I volunteered for the police I attended 4-5 burglaries and 2 where "in progress", this in my opinion is going to open up more cases of people taking the law into their own hands if they catch someone invading their home.

Discuss.

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"

If someone is in your house, stealing your shit, they should be dead before the hit the ground. Simple as that.

Maybe those cops should rally for closing tax loopholes so they can actually GET their money. But I doubt they're intelligent enough to consider that.
    Last edited by SeanTheOriginal; 2015-07-28 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTheOriginal View Post
    If someone is in your house, stealing your shit, they should be dead before the hit the ground.
    Simple as that.
    You mean if they fail to scout for you absence?

Deleted
    If someone is in your house, stealing your shit, they should be dead before the hit the ground.
    Simple as that.
    I will always find it amusing how American Criminals are so stupid to do this.

In the US it's pretty much the same way but a cop will still show up after a burglary. 99.999% of the time what can a cop do after the fact? The door's been kicked in, the TV is gone, the criminal has left the scene long before the cop showed up, no witnesses. The cop fills out a form and that's it. It takes time out of their day they could spend on something useful like patrolling.

If there's a witness or surveillance video or something they'll still show up.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Reminds me of the incident when the 2 neighbors called police when their neighbor was being raped police didnt show up and they were raped as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    It comes as more of a surprise that the old bill were still turning up after every minor theft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Reminds me of the incident when the 2 neighbors called police when their neighbor was being raped police didnt show up and they were raped as well.
    Errr, what?

10+ Year Old Account
    The police not turning up to write a report of minor theft reminds you of multiple rape?

the UK is gonna be a free-for-all soon, there's not gonna be enough police to go around.
    <insert witty signature here>

I can't say I disagree with prioritising. I don't see what a couple of bobbies showing up hours after the event are going to do other than take a statement, which could have been delivered on the phone when the call was made. I had my bike stolen from my shed a while back and I wouldn't have dreamed of expecting an officer to attend. Rang them up, got the crime number, get insurance, get better locks, move on. Obviously larger burglaries and all robberies should be attended.

If someone is in your house, stealing your shit, they should be dead before the hit the ground. Simple as that.

Maybe those cops should rally for closing tax loopholes so they can actually GET their money. But I doubt they're intelligent enough to consider that.
    You mean your iPad is worth more than a human life?
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    I feel bad for laughing, that can't really be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    You advocate murder in retaliation of theft? Forget eye for an eye, that is life for an eye.

I can't agree with killing someone for any crime which did not end in the death of another.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    You mean your iPad is worth more than a human life?
    Depending on whos life, hell yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    I can't say I disagree with prioritising. I don't see what a couple of bobbies showing up hours after the event are going to do other than take a statement, which could have been delivered on the phone when the call was made. I had my bike stolen from my shed a while back and I wouldn't have dreamed of expecting an officer to attend. Rang them up, got the crime number, get insurance, get better locks, move on. Obviously larger burglaries and all robberies should be attended.
    I do agree with you entierly, on the OP I mentioned that I had attended incidents before and we just had to send Forensics in to see if they could get anything, as well as statements etc, commerical burglaries should always be attended, but I think if the cuts keep coming then this might get re-prioritized too.

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"

Deleted
    No, because we aren't a backwards society.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The police not turning up to write a report of minor theft reminds you of multiple rape?
    Well both are pretty funny stories.

Deleted
    The article says police may not attend a house post burglary in the instance that very low value items are stolen, they'll ask you to make the report at the station or over the phone.

It has nothing to do with not responding to burglary in progress calls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    The article says police may not attend a house post burglary in the instance that very low value items are stolen, they'll ask you to make the report at the station or over the phone.

It has nothing to do with not responding to burglary in progress calls.
    Get out of here with your reasoned opinion. Shoo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Battleguard View Post
    Well both are pretty funny stories.
    Whatever floats your boat.