Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    Is darksouls the game with the wolf that has a sword and is guarding its dead master and as you progress through the fight it gets weaker and weaker and thus easier for you as a player but it still sucks because you're killing this dog that's just protecting it's dead master's grave?
    He's not really protecting his old master's grave. In actuality, he's trying to protect you by preventing you from going into the Abyss...where his master sacrificed himself to protect him. Its a truly tragic story and a very sad fight. The DLC gives a bit more background on it.

But yeah, Dark Souls is a super immersive game when you let yourself get swept up in its unique storytelling method. Dark Souls 2 is not as good as the first in that regard, but is MUCH more fun to play (mechanically it is superior).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    BUT it CAN be very immersive if you are a fast learner with good memory and are willing to dig yourself into the story.
    The only issue I take with what you're saying is the emphasis on lore. Even if you don't care about the lore in Dark Souls at all it's still an immersive experience. You've got an amazing atmosphere guiding your character from location to location.

I think we might be defining immersion, when it comes to games, in different ways. For me it's not always about story at all. If I get absorbed into a game world and start exploring, that is enough for me to define the game as immersive. Even if I only explore the world and never actually invest myself into the story/lore. A lot of MMOs are this way for me personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    All Bioware/Obsidian games, all Witcher games, all Infinity Engine games (if you don't mind old graphics and outdated combat mechanics), Jedi Knight 2/Academy, Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 1/2 campaigns (surprisingly good stories for RTS games, especially in Warcraft 3) are my personal recommendations. Many people adore such series as Assassin's Creed, Fallout, GTA and Elder Scrolls - they are not really my cup of tea, but you might want to check them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Some1 mentioned deponia that is very humor-based so i go with darker themes:

Dark eye - Chains of Satinav/Memoria
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Witcher 3, Witcher 3, oh yes, and Witcher 3
    Oh yeah, and Witcher 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Oh yeah, and Witcher 3.
    Have I told you about our Lord and Saviour the Witcher 3?

Seriously, its shockingly well made, and worth every cent ten times over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 3 and new vegas is pretty immersive, altough the graphics and the physics in the game can ruin it, i recommend getting mod if you have an issue with bad graphics

10+ Year Old Account
    For PC if you want to play an immersive game get the Witcher games. Even the first one is still fun to play. Another good one is Mass Effect. Your life will change after playing through all those games and is probably even more immersive than the Witcher games.

As for Wii U there's not much in terms of immersiveness. At least not until Xenoblade X comes out. ZombiU is immersive but the combat gets kind if stale after only being able to use one type of melee weapon which is a cricket bat and the way the character swings it feels awkward and annoying. I mean there's other game like Batman Arkham City, Watchdogs and even Mass Effect 3 but those kind of games you're better off playing on PS4 or PC. Wii U specializes in a more "arcadey" field of games.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

The Amnesia games are great with a decent headset, if you don't mind the horror elements. Amnesia = first person survival horror with a lot of puzzle solving.

You don't actually fight monsters, and you have no real way to defend yourself. When you start the game, your character wakes up in this dark castle with no memory of what led him to that point. Goal is to get through the castle, figure out what's going on, and not get fucked up by the monsters that lurk in the castle (and they totally will fuck you up if they see you).

Some of the puzzle elements are stuff like...there's this machinery on the wall that operates a door, but it's missing a few things like cogwheels/switches. You run around, gather the right pieces, and arrange them correctly on the machine to make the door open.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-07-29 at 05:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    The Amnesia games are great with a decent headset, if you don't mind the horror elements. Amnesia = first person survival horror with a lot of puzzle solving.

You don't actually fight monsters, and you have no real way to defend yourself. When you start the game, your character wakes up in this dark castle with no memory of what led him to that point. Goal is to get through the castle, figure out what's going on, and not get fucked up by the monsters that lurk in the castle (and they totally will fuck you up if they see you).

Some of the puzzle elements are stuff like...there's this machinery on the wall that operates a door, but it's missing a few things like cogwheels/switches. You run around, gather the right pieces, and arrange them correctly on the machine to make the door open.
    All while some monster is trying to mess you up.
    I might pick this game up, the surround sound movie theater set up would be great. Except I am not confident in my manliness to not bitch out when things get 2spooky.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Deleted
    Only thing to be scared of in Amnesia is the game over screen that follows the crude animations.

I've found a set of headphones has been better to help me be immersed in games than just the actual games themselves. I don't really have any new suggestions, but this tip has upped my enjoyment of quite a few.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like shooters i recommend the wolfenstein recent two games, The New Order and The Old Blood. Highly entertaining considering it's a shooter on rails, story is also well done and neither are really short.

Arkham games. Imagine would look great on the big screen with decent speakers (bar the Knight for PC).

EDIT: Also adding in GTA V as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Arkham games. Imagine would look great on the big screen with decent speakers (bar the Knight for PC).

EDIT: Also adding in GTA V as well.
    I'm counting down the days for Arkham Night to be fixed for PC.

Also the new Metal Gear will be out soon, Phantom pain? That looks like it will be great on the big screen.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.